Windows 10: reinstallation of windows 10 stuck at 88%

Discus and support reinstallation of windows 10 stuck at 88% in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; hello! i have recently been having problems with my pc bosd, crashing apps, etc. so i decided to reinstall windows but still keeping my files and such.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by recedingpit, Mar 18, 2022.

1. reinstallation of windows 10 stuck at 88%

hello! i have recently been having problems with my pc bosd, crashing apps, etc. so i decided to reinstall windows but still keeping my files and such. after what feels like 3 hours an hour really, it has been stuck on installing windows 88%. it hasn’t moved and there is a loading circle above it which hasn’t moved either, is my pc frozen or is it just gonna take a while to do this. also: should i hard reset this and clean install windows? i did a backup of all of my documents and music and other downloads not apps. would this fix the problem then? if so, how should i safely reset my pc

:)

recedingpit, Mar 18, 2022

2. Windows 10 reinstallation Stuck at 88%

I was having an issue with my profile and so I decided to do a reset on my windows. I tried to do a limited restore that kept my files but the computer got to 88% and stuck. rebooted several times, used a boot disk to see if I could revert then changes.
    naadaa. Any suggestions?

KingMathis78, Mar 18, 2022
  3. Sarah04 Win User
    Windows Update Stuck on 88%

Windows Update has been Stuck on 88% since 20/10/2015 the update it is trying to install is Advanced micro devices, Inc driver update for AMD Radeon (TM) R3 Graphics. How do I sort this problem please.

Sarah04, Mar 18, 2022
  4. Stef.dut Win User

reinstallation of windows 10 stuck at 88%

Windows 10 Spring creator update stops at 88 then reboots and gets stuck at 88.

It is the spring creator update.

Unfortunately I'm unable to do any of these steps as it's stuck between updating and rebooting without ever getting to my Windows logon screen. Whether I force a shutdown and boot it back up it still stays in this loop.

The loop is as follow:

laptop Boots up --> Preparing windows, do not shut off --> Updating windows (starts at 35% and stops at 88% and stays there for a few minutes) --> reboots automatically --> preparing windows, do not shut off --> Updating windows (starts at 35% and stops
    at 88% and stays there for a few minutes) --> reboots automatically --> etc non-stop...

I can't get past this, it won't let me access the BIOS or start in safemode it just does this over and over non-stop.

Stef.dut, Mar 18, 2022
Thema:

reinstallation of windows 10 stuck at 88%

1. reinstallation of windows 10 stuck at 88% - Similar Threads - reinstallation stuck 88%

2. windows local reinstallation stuck at 88% for 30+ hours

in Windows 10 Gaming
    windows local reinstallation stuck at 88% for 30+ hours: My D drive kept disappearing and then reappearing whenever I would restart my pc. I tried everything I could to fix that specifically and still couldn't fix it so I decided to reinstall windows since that was one of the suggestions. Now it's been stuck at 88% for 30+ hours. I...
  3. windows local reinstallation stuck at 88% for 30+ hours

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    windows local reinstallation stuck at 88% for 30+ hours: My D drive kept disappearing and then reappearing whenever I would restart my pc. I tried everything I could to fix that specifically and still couldn't fix it so I decided to reinstall windows since that was one of the suggestions. Now it's been stuck at 88% for 30+ hours. I...
  4. windows local reinstallation stuck at 88% for 30+ hours

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. Reinstall windows stuck at 88% for over 12 hours

Reinstall windows stuck at 88% for over 12 hours: In the title.For some more detail:My laptop has been bluescreening a lot recently. The BSOD itself resets so fast I can't read what the error is. About 70% of the time upon reboot the laptop says "no boot device could be found". Resetting BIOS has consistently worked as a...
  6. Reinstall windows stuck at 88% for over 12 hours

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Reinstall windows stuck at 88% for over 12 hours: In the title.For some more detail:My laptop has been bluescreening a lot recently. The BSOD itself resets so fast I can't read what the error is. About 70% of the time upon reboot the laptop says "no boot device could be found". Resetting BIOS has consistently worked as a...
  7. Reinstall windows stuck at 88% for over 12 hours

8. reinstallation of windows 10 stuck at 88%

in Windows 10 Gaming
    reinstallation of windows 10 stuck at 88%: hello! i have recently been having problems with my pc bosd, crashing apps, etc. so i decided to reinstall windows but still keeping my files and such. after what feels like 3 hours an hour really, it has been stuck on installing windows 88%. it hasn’t moved and there is a...
  9. reinstallation of windows 10 stuck at 88%

reinstallation of windows 10 stuck at 88%: hello! i have recently been having problems with my pc bosd, crashing apps, etc. so i decided to reinstall windows but still keeping my files and such. after what feels like 3 hours an hour really, it has been stuck on installing windows 88%. it hasn’t moved and there is a...
  10. Windows 10 reinstallation Stuck at 88%

Windows 10 reinstallation Stuck at 88%: I was having an issue with my profile and so I decided to do a reset on my windows. I tried to do a limited restore that kept my files but the computer got to 88% and stuck. rebooted several times, used a boot disk to see if I could revert then changes. naadaa. Any...