Windows 10: Reinstalled Sticky Notes - Now cannot restore data

Discus and support Reinstalled Sticky Notes - Now cannot restore data in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; For at least a week now, my Sticky Notes crashes whenever I try to open it. I have attempted several solutions given on the forums but none have worked... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by LEJ912, Jul 24, 2020.

1. LEJ912 Win User

Reinstalled Sticky Notes - Now cannot restore data

For at least a week now, my Sticky Notes crashes whenever I try to open it. I have attempted several solutions given on the forums but none have worked to be able to reset it and restore my previous notes. I am on Windows 10 version 1909.

Before reinstalling Sticky Notes I made a copy of all the files in the appdata folder so that I could restore my old notes. I then tried reinstalling the program, and also attempted a reset in the Control Panel and using PowerShell.

At first, this did allow Sticky Notes to launch and stay open, but all of my notes were gone. So then I copied my backup data files into the new appdata folder, and now the crashing has resumed. It's possible that one of those files is corrupt but I don't know which one. It's critical that I be able to open my old notes! How can I narrow down which files to delete to allow me to view the old notes?

:)

LEJ912, Jul 24, 2020
  2. LEJ912 Win User

For at least a week now, my Sticky Notes crashes whenever I try to open it. I have attempted several solutions given on the forums but none have worked to be able to reset it and restore my previous notes. I am on Windows 10 version 1909.

Before reinstalling Sticky Notes I made a copy of all the files in the appdata folder so that I could restore my old notes. I then tried reinstalling the program, and also attempted a reset in the Control Panel and using PowerShell.

At first, this did allow Sticky Notes to launch and stay open, but all of my notes were gone. So then I copied my backup data files into the new appdata folder, and now the crashing has resumed. It's possible that one of those files is corrupt but I don't
    know which one. It's critical that I be able to open my old notes! How can I narrow down which file(s) to delete to allow me to view the old notes?

LEJ912, Jul 26, 2020
  3. Sticky Note Missing

Hi KeithRawlings,

I'm Charles, an Independent advisor trying to help.

Let's see if with the following steps we can solve the problem:

1.- Open >> Sticky notes, when located on the taskbar (Right click on the option) >> Select: List of Notes, now check if your note is in that list.

2.- Follow the steps suggested by the Windows MVP in your article

https://www.kapilarya.com/fix-sticky-notes-lost...

I hope the steps work for you

Attentive to any comments

Have a happy day

Best Regards,

Charles.

CharlesJones32, Jul 26, 2020
  4. Rick2021 Win User

Sticky Notes

Hi there,

I can understand the frustration - let's see if we can fix this for you!

Let's try a couple of steps:

Step 1: Recover Missing Sticky Notes from the File Location

When you accidentally delete a sticky note, the app data is still there. We can restore deleted sticky notes from a StickyNotes.snt file.

Open File Explorer on Windows, navigate to C:\Users\your_username\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\Sticky Notes.

Find and right click on StickyNotes.snt file.

Select Restore Previous Versions.

Step 2: Recover Closed Sticky Notes from All Notes.

Open Sticky Notes app.

Right click on Sticky Notes app on Task bar, then choose All notes.

A full list of notes will appear, including the one that you closed.

Double click the note that you want to recover, then it will display as a standalone note like all regular ones.

The above was copied verbatim from this link:
    https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/for...

Rick2021, Jul 26, 2020
Thema:

1. Reinstalled Sticky Notes - Now cannot restore data - Similar Threads - Reinstalled Sticky Notes

2. Restoring Deleted Sticky Notes

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Restoring Deleted Sticky Notes: After accidentally deleting a sticky note, is there a way to restore the note? Also, is there any way to disable the shortcut of Ctrl+D to prevent accidental deletion? I'm using Sticky Notes 4.5.6.0 on Windows 10. Thank you....
  3. Restoring Deleted Sticky Notes

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Restoring Deleted Sticky Notes: After accidentally deleting a sticky note, is there a way to restore the note? Also, is there any way to disable the shortcut of Ctrl+D to prevent accidental deletion? I'm using Sticky Notes 4.5.6.0 on Windows 10. Thank you....
  4. Restore Sticky Note

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Restore Sticky Note: I just updated the Sticky Note. Upon completion, I delete the shortcut on the bottom bar and the Sticky Note also disappears under Windows Start menu. Is there any way to restore it or reset it to previous version or original version? Thanks!...
  5. Restore Sticky Note

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Restore Sticky Note: I just updated the Sticky Note. Upon completion, I delete the shortcut on the bottom bar and the Sticky Note also disappears under Windows Start menu. Is there any way to restore it or reset it to previous version or original version? Thanks!...
  6. Restore Sticky Note

7. Sticky Notes Restore

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Sticky Notes Restore: Can someone help me find my Sticky Notes folder?? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/sticky-notes-restore/5cf1dc71-379f-403e-bdaf-7f7a0d115221
  8. Restore Sticky Notes Shortcut

Restore Sticky Notes Shortcut: Hi Shawn: I noticed that I have 2 shortcuts for Sticky Notes in my Start Menu. See image. The top one will open my last note & I can access my other notes, settings, etc. from there. However, the bottom one, which has a flyout, doesn't work. If I click any of the options, I...
  9. Sticky notes restored

Sticky notes restored: If you have an account on sticky notes and reset the app ,the data will be saved or not? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/sticky-notes-restored/e7a0898d-8298-4bd2-9f17-fbd7149fac2f
  10. Restore legacy sticky notes.

Restore legacy sticky notes.: I recently did a fresh installation of my windows (build 1803 re-installation), and instead of backing up the .sqlite file for the sticky notes, I backed up the StickyNotes.snt file found in %AppData%\Microsoft\Sticky Notes. How can I restore my sticky notes using this .snt...