Windows 10: Reinstalled W10. For two of my portable external USB drives there are no taskbar icon to...

Discus and support Reinstalled W10. For two of my portable external USB drives there are no taskbar icon to... in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; Pretty much the title. Upgraded my PC and I noticed this behavior happening. I can always just unplug it, that's fine. But I just want to know why... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/DontFinkFeeeel, Jul 14, 2020.

1. Reinstalled W10. For two of my portable external USB drives there are no taskbar icon to...

Pretty much the title. Upgraded my PC and I noticed this behavior happening.

I can always just unplug it, that's fine.

But I just want to know why for these particular drives it doesn't show up. On the side, I have a thumbdrive and a powered external HDD where it does show up for them. I have no idea how to verify this but it's like my PC (maybe mobo) treats the two like actual hard drives.

submitted by /u/DontFinkFeeeel
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/DontFinkFeeeel, Jul 14, 2020
  2. JenTaway Win User

Portable External Drive Problem

Hi! I have this 1TB portable external drive (Seagate) and my computer dont read it. When I plug it on my Windows 10 laptop, the safely remove icon appears but it doesnt show on my PC. And the the external drive does not blink but when i eject it, I can
    safely remove it. What is really the problem, my laptop or the external drive?

JenTaway, Jul 14, 2020
  3. Yaqub K Win User
    System Icons on taskbar

Hi,

Thank you for posting on Microsoft Communities.

Are you referring to the clock system icon on the taskbar?

If so, I suggest you to follow the steps mentioned below:

• Click on the search bar on the taskbar.

• Type system icons.

• Under Turn System Icons ON or OFF, turn On the Clock and check with the issue.

Hope it helps.

Yaqub K, Jul 14, 2020
  4. Reinstalled W10. For two of my portable external USB drives there are no taskbar icon to...

External usb drive no longer recognized by W10 backup

Hi Rob,

Maybe my post was not clear enough. Your suggestions only work when the external drive is actually recognized by the backup program, which is not the case (see the title of my post).

Do you have any suggestions about how to get w10 backup to recognize my drive? I can use the drive and see it in the file explorer, but the backup program doesn't see it.

Jo

JoLouvenberg, Jul 14, 2020
Thema:

Reinstalled W10. For two of my portable external USB drives there are no taskbar icon to...

1. Reinstalled W10. For two of my portable external USB drives there are no taskbar icon to... - Similar Threads - Reinstalled W10 portable

2. portable hard drive to USB

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    portable hard drive to USB: I have a portable hard drive and I am using a USB sync and charge cable. It lights up and flashes but doesn't show in File Explorer. It shows in Devices and printers but can't access it. Tried each USB port and on 2 laptops. Any advice please...
  3. Portable external drive no longer shows on my desktop

Portable external drive no longer shows on my desktop: A portable external HDD - a Western Digital 1TB MyPassport - no longer shows in This PC and File Explorer on my desktop. The device does show in Device Manager. It also shows in This PC and File Explorer on a laptop (also running Win 10 1909). The PC maintenance is up to date...
  4. an icon on screen for USB EXTERNAL drive

in Windows 10 Customization
    an icon on screen for USB EXTERNAL drive: i want a short cut to open USB external device on the screen https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/an-icon-on-screen-for-usb-external-drive/1f084b40-9a63-4464-82fb-d91898f25902
  5. usb portable diskette drive

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    usb portable diskette drive: I would like to know why I am not able to load the driver for the usb portable diskette drive. I have Windows 10. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/usb-portable-diskette-drive/3b187512-2e68-4bf3-82c3-3923fe7aa6bc"
  6. portable / external DVD drive / writer?

portable / external DVD drive / writer?: Most of them are ranged from 20 to 30 US dollars on Amazon. Are they practically the same quality build and the only difference is the writing speed /reading speed etc?And there is no critical difference? btw, which brand do you recommend? 119820
  7. USB Flash Drive vs Portable External Hard drive for everyday use?

USB Flash Drive vs Portable External Hard drive for everyday use?: Hello everyone! Good day to you! For my laptop, I am stuck on deciding whether I should use a 128gb or 256gb flash drive or a 1tb portable external drive for my every day use like storing my software, documents etc. and use it for when I am out and about as well. What do you...
  8. Is my 2TB USB 3.0 external portable drive too slow?

Is my 2TB USB 3.0 external portable drive too slow?: I bought a Seagate Expansion 2 TB USB portable drive. While populating it with data I noticed that the transfer speed was about 31 MB/s on average. My PC is about 7 years old and has a 2-port USB card in it. The external drive is connected to it via a USB 3.0 hub. 1....
  9. Recommendations On: PORTABLE EXTERNAL HARD DRIVES

Recommendations On: PORTABLE EXTERNAL HARD DRIVES: Ello Folks! Looking to get the Portable Hard-drive thats right for me. I want to mainly keep documents on this and some other stuff. Like pictures but not a ton. Mainly documents in PDF format. I want this mainly to keep all my licensing and regulatory stuff all in one...
  10. Two W10 drives

Two W10 drives: I just got a new DELL with a single HDD. I would like to take the system drive from my old HP Pavilion and install it as a second drive in the DELL (The drive is a very nice new WD). When I first boot up, the PC will see two system drives. Will this cause a problem? How...