Windows 10: reinstalled w10 got repeated key.

Discus and support reinstalled w10 got repeated key. in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; reinstalled w10 after pc failure and used microsoft ID so I got repeated key from another w10 I have. What should I do to get a proper key? Thanks... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by huano, Apr 5, 2020.

1. huano Win User

reinstalled w10 got repeated key.

reinstalled w10 after pc failure and used microsoft ID so I got repeated key from another w10 I have.

What should I do to get a proper key?

Thanks for your help

:)

huano, Apr 5, 2020

2. Keyboard repeat delay and repeat speed

Hi Joseph,

I suggest you to uninstall and reinstall the keyboard driver. Follow the steps to uninstall & reinstall the keyboard driver from device manager.

• Press Windows key + X from the
      Keyboard
      and click on Device Manager.

• In Device Manager, double click on the
      Keyboard.

• It will show you the device driver name, select that device and then right click on it.

• Click on Uninstall button.

• Restart the computer, the drivers will get automatically installed on your Windows 10.

• Repeat the same for Mice and other pointing devices.

Hope it helps.

Deepak_Krishnan R, Apr 5, 2020
  3. Arun B J Win User
    Repeating Keys don't repeat

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

I understand your concern and will assist you to resolve this issue

Method 1: Run the
    Hardware and devices troubleshooter.

Windows 10 has a built-in troubleshooter to check and fix issues with hardware and devices. I would suggest you to run this troubleshooter to check if the issue is with your mouse. Refer these steps:

• Press Windows key +X, select Control panel.

• Change the view by option on the top right to Large icons.

• Click on troubleshooting and click on the view all option on the left panel.

• Run the Hardware and devices troubleshooter.
    Method 2.Try updating the latest keyboard devices from the manufacturer's website and check if the issue persists.

Follow the steps to update the Keyboard drivers:

a. Press Windows key + X key and click Device Manager.

b. Expand the Keyboard driver.

c. Right-click on the HID Keyboard Device and click on Update driver software.

d. Restart the computer and check.

Hope this helps. If the issue remains unresolved, please get back to us and we would be happy to help

Arun B J, Apr 5, 2020
  4. reinstalled w10 got repeated key.

Unable to log in to W10 laptop

Hi Ray,

I suggest you to press the tab key in the keyboard and then to the Ease of access and then select the on screen keyboard. After selecting the on screen keyboard I suggest you to type the password and then boot to the desktop. I would then suggest you to
    check the mouse in different USB slots and then follow the below steps.

Un-installing and Installing Driver.

• Type“Device Manager” on the search bar and then Enter.
      • Open Device Manager, expand “Human Interface Devices”.
      • Find and double-click the driver from the left panel to uninstall.
      • Right-click the device, and click Uninstall.
      • Windows will prompt you to confirm the device’s removal. Click OK to remove the driver.
      • After you have successfully uninstalled the driver, please go to the computer manufacturer’s website, download the Windows 10 driver for your computer and check.

Repeat the same steps from above but in 2nd step select the Mice and other pointing devices to reinstall the mouse drivers.

Hope this helps in login of the account and the mouse and touchpad drivers. Please let us know if you are facing any issues regarding this we will be glad to help you.

Anup Karkal, Apr 5, 2020
Thema:

reinstalled w10 got repeated key.

1. reinstalled w10 got repeated key. - Similar Threads - reinstalled w10 got

2. key not registering and then repeating.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    key not registering and then repeating.: when I press the ‘ or “ key on my keyboard nothing happens, then if I press it again, I get ‘’ and “”. The problem isn’t the keyboard as I have moved the keyboard to another computer and also put a different keyboard on my computer and the problem still occurs on my computer...
  3. key not registering and then repeating.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    key not registering and then repeating.: when I press the ‘ or “ key on my keyboard nothing happens, then if I press it again, I get ‘’ and “”. The problem isn’t the keyboard as I have moved the keyboard to another computer and also put a different keyboard on my computer and the problem still occurs on my computer...
  4. RDP to W10 disconnected repeatedly

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    RDP to W10 disconnected repeatedly: I have 3 computers (a HP Desktop, a LENOVO AIO Desktop and a HP Laptop) all running Windows 10 Pro 64bit version 1909. I connect remotely to both desktops from the HP Laptop. However, the HP Desktop remote connection disconnects only if I minimize the window. There is no...
  5. Key Repeat

in Windows 10 Customization
    Key Repeat: Ok so basically, Key repeat is the amount of time from when you hold down a key on your keyboard; and it continuously adds whatever letter you inputted. For example, if I held down the "a" key for long enough, the computer interprets that as "aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa". I'm...
  6. Do i NEED and W10 Key to reinstall?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Do i NEED and W10 Key to reinstall?: Im not expert at this , helping a friend(elderly) whose ASUS AIO suddenly wont boot past the BIOS screen. Ive been able to boot into USB and run every thing that i can form the latest W10 download(to usb) from MS. I have been able to boot into Linux Mint(Cinnamon) and see...
  7. W10 install repeatedly failing

W10 install repeatedly failing: Hi guys, new year new problems :/ I'll try not to ramble... I installed W10 on a relatively old custom build that I gave to my parents, aside from it taking forever to install all was working pretty well for a few months. Then it wouldn't boot and the HDD (even though...
  8. w10 reinstall

w10 reinstall: this is my first time any any forum i hope im doing it right. i have a 4month old dell inspiron 15 5555. it is running w10 home. i have a sony wireless head phones and the souund quality is equal to sitting inside a tin can. no luck from dell nor sony how to fix. so i bought...
  9. Key repeating on login...

in Windows 10 Support
    Key repeating on login...: Not sure if this is a keyboard firmware issue or not, in which case I'll post on the forums there but I don't remember it ever happening prior to Win10.. So the circumstances are completely repeatable and happen every time I do the following... I wrote a .vbs script to do...
  10. Got my W10

in Windows 10 Support
    Got my W10: Well, finally got W10Pro installed and activated. Has anyone else noticed you can't keep any open window centered on the desktop? It's full screen or put up with the windows all over the desktop when opening and reopening. The 1st window is centered and after 2 or 3 times...