Windows 10: Reinstalled W10 on my laptop that originally came with Pro version and now it has Home.

Discus and support Reinstalled W10 on my laptop that originally came with Pro version and now it has Home. in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; As the title states, I recently reinstalled W10 on my laptop and just realized that it now has Windows 10 Home edition. How can I upgrade it? I don't... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/demilp, Jul 28, 2020.

1. /u/demilp Win User

Reinstalled W10 on my laptop that originally came with Pro version and now it has Home.

As the title states, I recently reinstalled W10 on my laptop and just realized that it now has Windows 10 Home edition.

How can I upgrade it? I don't have any product key.

I thought that the licence was associated to the hardware and I didn't need to enter any key.

submitted by /u/demilp
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/demilp, Jul 28, 2020
  2. Vayra86 Win User

W10 Home > Pro

Question:

right now I made a bootable USB for W10, off my current installation which is a W10 Home.

Monday I'll use that on my new rig but I want to move to W10 Pro on that one. Is this possible with my bootable USB setup? My guess is that you just re-pick your version based on the activation code, amirite?

Vayra86, Jul 28, 2020
  3. peterjax Win User
    W8.1 pro upgrades to W10 Home

My laptop, running W8.1 pro was upgraded to W10, but the version is W10 Home. How can I revert back to W10 Pro? Why did it not upgrade to W10 Pro initially?

peterjax, Jul 28, 2020
  4. trashbag Win User

Reinstalled W10 on my laptop that originally came with Pro version and now it has Home.

Reusing W10 Home product key after upgrading to W10 Pro

A long time ago I upgraded a computer from W10 Home to W10 Pro. This was a custom build and both the original W10 Home activation and the new W10 Pro activation were done via product keys ordered from Amazon.

No Microsoft account has ever been involved with either key. Back in May of this year I completely reinstalled Windows but I don't really recall if I had to reactivate the license or not.

And now I'm wondering if I could reuse the original W10 Home product key on another computer, and if it would affect the current W10 Pro activation in any way. Would the original Home product key still be tied to my main computer's motherboard or did that history get wiped when I upgraded to Pro?

trashbag, Jul 28, 2020
Thema:

1. Reinstalled W10 on my laptop that originally came with Pro version and now it has Home. - Similar Threads - Reinstalled W10 laptop

2. Reinstall Windows 11 Home on a laptop which has a preinstalled version of that

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Reinstall Windows 11 Home on a laptop which has a preinstalled version of that: Hello everyone.I recently bought a new Laptop and I am facing some issues with the preinstalled Windows 11 Home edition. It sometimes crashes or get Blue Screen Of Death or stuck on shutting down/Restarting.I even updated all the drivers and windows apps using Windows 11...
  3. Reinstall Windows 11 Home on a laptop which has a preinstalled version of that

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Reinstall Windows 11 Home on a laptop which has a preinstalled version of that: Hello everyone.I recently bought a new Laptop and I am facing some issues with the preinstalled Windows 11 Home edition. It sometimes crashes or get Blue Screen Of Death or stuck on shutting down/Restarting.I even updated all the drivers and windows apps using Windows 11...
  4. W10 Pro downgrade to w10 home

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    W10 Pro downgrade to w10 home: My laptop came with W10 Home preinstalled by manufacturer. I purchased a windows 10 pro product key and installed. Now selling the laptop and wish to revert to W10 home and apply W10 Pro on new laptop. Is this possible?...
  5. W10 Pro downgrade to w10 home

in Windows 10 Gaming
    W10 Pro downgrade to w10 home: My laptop came with W10 Home preinstalled by manufacturer. I purchased a windows 10 pro product key and installed. Now selling the laptop and wish to revert to W10 home and apply W10 Pro on new laptop. Is this possible?...
  6. W10 Pro downgrade to w10 home

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  7. Reinstalling Clean install Windows 10 Home that came preinstalled on my Laptop

Reinstalling Clean install Windows 10 Home that came preinstalled on my Laptop: Hi,I recently purchased a Lenovo Ideapad that had Windows 10 Home pre-installed. But along with the Windows, there were also unwanted applications factory installed by Lenovo.So I want to download the Windows ISO image and use the media creation tool on a USB pendrive and...
  8. New laptop now has two W10 Home installations - HELP please

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    New laptop now has two W10 Home installations - HELP please: I recently purchased an Acer Aspire 5 Slim (A515-54) It shipped with W10 Home on a 500G NVME SSD. The W10 Home key is apparently set in the BIOS. It also has a space to hold a second (regular) SSD, and came with a bracket\ribbon for this purpose. I installed the second drive,...
  9. New laptop now has two W10 Home installations - HELP please

in Windows 10 Support
    New laptop now has two W10 Home installations - HELP please: I recently purchased an Acer Aspire 5 Slim (A515-54) It shipped with W10 Home on a 500G NVME SSD. The W10 Home key is apparently set in the BIOS. It also has a space to hold a second (regular) SSD, and came with a bracket\ribbon for this purpose. I installed the second drive,...
  10. Reinstalled Windows now on Home instead of Pro

Reinstalled Windows now on Home instead of Pro: I was having proble s with Windows 10 upgrades erroring out. I purchased Windows 10 Pro upgrade through the control panel option to turn off the annoying prompts. Eventually i had larger problems because software i bought wouldnt work on the computer any more. Ao i eneded...