Windows 10: Reinstalled Win10 with USB media. No longer have Pro?

Discus and support Reinstalled Win10 with USB media. No longer have Pro? in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I had a computer that had Win10 Pro. I believe it was corrupted by malicious files. I did a clean reinstall with a USB drive I made using the media... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by RyanSchultz5, Oct 19, 2020.

1. Reinstalled Win10 with USB media. No longer have Pro?

I had a computer that had Win10 Pro. I believe it was corrupted by malicious files. I did a clean reinstall with a USB drive I made using the media creation tool. After installing Windows 10 it now has Home edition and not Pro like it had before.

What went wrong? I've upgraded or reinstalled Windows numerous times on computers that had Pro prior to the reinstall and it always was Pro after the reinstall.

Any ideas?

:)

RyanSchultz5, Oct 19, 2020
  2. Gusgf Win User

Issues with Win10 Media Creation Tool

Got it working in the end, not sure what happened but now have bootable usb with Win10 on it.

Gusgf, Oct 19, 2020
  3. USB Device - No Media

Hi Huw,

Thank you for your interest in Windows 10.

I suggest you to follow the methods below and check if it helps.

Method 1: Run Hardware and Devices Troubleshooter

Follow these steps to run Hardware and Devices troubleshooter:

• Press Windows key + X and click on Control Panel.
    • Select Troubleshooting.
    • Select View all on the top left corner.
    • Click Hardware and Devices.
    • Follow the on-screen instruction to run the troubleshooter.
    Method 2: Uninstall and reinstall the USB drivers

Uninstall and reinstall the USB drivers from device manager follow the steps below:

• Press Windows key + X and select
      Device Manager.
    • Search for USB Drivers and expand it.
    • Right click on the USB Drivers and select
      Uninstall
    • Restart the Computer.
    Also install the latest USB drivers from the manufacturer’s website.

Hope this information is helpful. Please do let us know if you need further assistance, we’ll be glad to assist you.

Giridhar J, Oct 19, 2020
  4. Reinstalled Win10 with USB media. No longer have Pro?

Windows 10 USB boot

Hi there, am not a windows 10 expert. I have a pc in the bedroom on windows 10, I messed up the bootloader trying to fix the xp on that system.

System wont boot, trying to repair via win 10 usb installer.

Downloaded the media creation tool to install windows 10 installer on usb stick. Not compatible with a host of usb sticks I have. Tried the usb sticks that others use, but I think they use rufus; as the media creation tool by win 10 does not detect the usb stick.

So quick question, the win10 machine i am trying to repair the bootloader is a win7 upgraded to win10.
    If i were to use the usb win10 installer to "repair installation" does the version of the iso downloaded via the media creation tool matter?

There is three options:
    Windows 10
    Windows 10 Home
    Windows 10 N

Also is there a step by step instead of using rufus as I want to try an alternative method of creating a usb win 10 installer. Preferably with more compatibility.

System is a asus sabertooth 990 (r2?) with AMD phenom X 6.

Also is there any other software I can load onto the usb that can repair the bootloader easily?
    That would be the ideal alternative. Thanks

TRUELOVE95, Oct 19, 2020
Thema:

Reinstalled Win10 with USB media. No longer have Pro?

1. Reinstalled Win10 with USB media. No longer have Pro? - Similar Threads - Reinstalled Win10 USB

2. Reinstall 8.1 Pro with Media Center.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Reinstall 8.1 Pro with Media Center.: Windows 8.1 Pro with Media Center.: After a hardware failure I did a complete reinstall of the system. No backup was available. Now Media Center will not Activate and Playready will not update.. 8.1 support ended, but I need t return to functionality....
  3. Reinstall 8.1 Pro with Media Center.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Reinstall 8.1 Pro with Media Center.: Windows 8.1 Pro with Media Center.: After a hardware failure I did a complete reinstall of the system. No backup was available. Now Media Center will not Activate and Playready will not update.. 8.1 support ended, but I need t return to functionality....
  4. Installation Media USB for Win10

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Installation Media USB for Win10: Asking for a driver when I started the Installation from USB. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/installation-media-usb-for-win10/84f52577-3cba-4f3f-a84f-c6385ae12fa3
  5. Installation Media USB for Win10

Installation Media USB for Win10: Asking for a driver when I started the Installation from USB. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/installation-media-usb-for-win10/84f52577-3cba-4f3f-a84f-c6385ae12fa3
  6. Installation Media USB for Win10

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  7. reinstal Win10 media player.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    reinstal Win10 media player.: I was having a lot of trouble with win10 media player on my desktop pc so I decided to uninstal/reinstal it. I uninstalled it but nowhere can I now find anyway of reinstalling. Note I did not disable, I uninstalled it....
  8. reinstal Win10 media player.

reinstal Win10 media player.: I was having a lot of trouble with win10 media player on my desktop pc so I decided to uninstal/reinstal it. I uninstalled it but nowhere can I now find anyway of reinstalling. Note I did not disable, I uninstalled it....
  9. Clean reinstalling win10 (USB)

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Clean reinstalling win10 (USB): Hi there. So I'm reinstalling windows because I'm fearing that I might have some sort of malware, and well I'd like a clean start on my PC either way. I've installed windows 10 on a USB drive, and I'm now more or less ready to start the process, but then it hit me, do I have...
  10. private owner of enterprise win10 Pro Laptop needs media for reinstall

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    private owner of enterprise win10 Pro Laptop needs media for reinstall: Cannot get media without an enterprise account but I am just an individual who bought the laptop in a sale, worked fine until Update 1803 apparently broke the installation and following update fails with Error Code 0x80073712 System gets unresponsive as time goes on....