Windows 10: Reinstalled Windows 10 a while back and forgot where it put my files.

Discus and support Reinstalled Windows 10 a while back and forgot where it put my files. in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; I'm an idiot! submitted by /u/AdeptBerry [link] [comments]... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/AdeptBerry, Oct 8, 2020.

1. Reinstalled Windows 10 a while back and forgot where it put my files.

/u/AdeptBerry, Oct 8, 2020
  2. Ahhzz Win User

Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Oct 8, 2020
  3. HAT
    hat Win User
    Forgot Windows 10 password...

So I fired up my laptop in order to use it to flash a router without mucking around with the rest of my networking... and I forgot the password to log in. Is there anything I can do short of reinstalling windows, or downloading a Linux LiveCD? (If I do have to download something, I'd prefer the file size to be as small as possible, because of evil data caps)

4. puma99dk| Win User

Reinstalled Windows 10 a while back and forgot where it put my files.

Reinstalling Windows 10 to sell a PC - is the 'Remove everything' option enough?

Restore factory settings do list Removes your personal files, apps and settings, and reinstalls the version of Windows that came on this PC.

So if this isn't true well than just erase the drive and install a clean Windows 10 with all the drivers u need but why should it be true
    @FordGT90Concept ? *Laugh :laugh:

puma99dk|, Oct 8, 2020
Thema:

Reinstalled Windows 10 a while back and forgot where it put my files.

1. Reinstalled Windows 10 a while back and forgot where it put my files. - Similar Threads - Reinstalled while forgot

2. As my laptop was slow i added ssd card and while reinstalling windows 10 my friend put...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    As my laptop was slow i added ssd card and while reinstalling windows 10 my friend put...: As my laptop was slow i added ssd card and while reinstalling windows 10 friend put other windows product key so is there any to get my old product key i know my microsoft act email adress and pasword plz any one help...
  3. Where do I put, large files?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Where do I put, large files?: Before I start excuse the punctuation but I'm just speaking into a microphone so bear with meI have some files over 1 gigabyte and I wanted to know if there's a place I could put them up in the cloud get a code and give that code to someone else and then they could get it I...
  4. Where do I put, large files?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Where do I put, large files?: Before I start excuse the punctuation but I'm just speaking into a microphone so bear with meI have some files over 1 gigabyte and I wanted to know if there's a place I could put them up in the cloud get a code and give that code to someone else and then they could get it I...
  5. Where do I put, large files?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  6. Where is English International keyboard? PUT IT BACK IN WINDOWS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

in Windows 10 Customization
    Where is English International keyboard? PUT IT BACK IN WINDOWS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!: So you young monolingual myopic " All Thumbs" tablet-centric programmers don't understand the rest of the polyglot world, I understand, but PUT ENGLISH INTERNATIONAL KEYBOARD BACK IN WINDOWS 10 like yesterday. Just because you twenty-somethings think you have a better idea...
  7. where is the quarantined defender files put?

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    where is the quarantined defender files put?: i needed the drive free of some files , so was copying a folder I wanted, and Defender was objecting. So I added an exception, but maybe it did not take cause the file is nowhere to be found. It says e: which was the usb drive, so put in another usb drive, and selected to...
  8. Putting Windows 10 Back on my PC

in Windows 10 Backup and Restore
    Putting Windows 10 Back on my PC: I have Windows 10 installed since I first got my notice years ago that 8 would not be working anymore. I'm at my friend's house now on her PC. I have always disliked when Microsoft 'updates' my computer as I am used to how it was. So yesterday when a new update came on and I...
  9. Forgot path/file where Windows 10 Pro back up is

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Forgot path/file where Windows 10 Pro back up is: My HP Envy X360 laptop failed right before vacation and was repaired under warranty by HP. They wiped the hard drive during repair and are returning to me today. As I had backed up the computer the day before it failed, I have a back up of all my files and programs somewhere...
  10. Reinstalling Windows 10(forgot product key)

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Reinstalling Windows 10(forgot product key): I bought a HP Compaq 8000 Elite SFF from Groupon that had Windows 10 already installed. The package did not include any kind of documentation from Microsoft, just the computer itself. Long story short, I now have to reinstall Windows off of the DVD ISO from the Microsoft...