Windows 10: Reinstalled Windows 10, but can't activate

Discus and support Reinstalled Windows 10, but can't activate in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; So, my computer started messing up where nothing would open and if it did it would closeout. I also got the "DPC_WATCHDOG VIOLATION" once. Anyway, I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by Millertime27, Jul 29, 2021.

1. Reinstalled Windows 10, but can't activate

So, my computer started messing up where nothing would open and if it did it would closeout. I also got the "DPC_WATCHDOG VIOLATION" once. Anyway, I was going to find my activation key, but when I would try and find it cmd would lock up. I should have looked up better ways to find it, but I didn't. Everything I read said windows should reactivate it once done, but it hasn't and it wants me to buy a new one. I didn't change any components and I don't remember what I did with my windows key since I bought it from the Microsoft store and can't find any emails about it.

:)

Millertime27, Jul 29, 2021
  2. MrGenius Win User

[Solved] Windows 10 keeps reinstalling KB3119142

I noticed quite some time ago that KB3119142 (Update for Microsoft Visual C++ 2012 Update 4 Redistributable Package) kept reinstalling itself for some reason. At least once daily. Sometimes up to several times a day. I just ignored it. It didn't seem to be doing any harm. And I figured they'd eventually fix it. Well...days turned into weeks, weeks into months, with no end to the problem in sight. It dragged on unsolved for at least the last few months. Literally reinstalling itself hundreds of(at least a hundred, felt like more) times in that period of time.

So I finally googled it a couple days ago. And just got around to fixing it today. Which appears to have worked. And it couldn't have been easier to do. I feel so stupid to have let it intimidate me for so long.*Oops! Reinstalled Windows 10, but can't activate :oops:
    Below are links to the thread that I got the fix idea from, and the official MS support info page for KB3119142(from which I quoted the above).
    http://www.tenforums.com/windows-up...-windows-10-keeps-reinstalling-kb3119142.html
    https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/kb/3119142

MrGenius, Jul 29, 2021
  3. How to reinstall Windows 10 if my computers used the free upgrade from 7 and 8?

Will windows 10 still accept the license keys from 7 and 8 now if I reinstall my computer?

Does Microsoft keep a list of users who upgraded to Win 10 using their 7 and 8 keys so that when users need to reinstall windows 10 the old keys would work?

Do I need to call in Microsoft to ask them to activate my Windows 10 when I give them my win 7 keys?

Both computers are laptops. The windows 7 machine had the serial printed on the back, and I needed to enter that when I upgraded to 10. The windows 8 machine had the serial built in inside its boot system so I didn't need to enter the key when I upgraded to 10, but I did manage to write down the keys using a fetcher program.

JebusPrime, Jul 29, 2021
  4. Ahhzz Win User

Reinstalled Windows 10, but can't activate

Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Jul 29, 2021
Thema:

Reinstalled Windows 10, but can't activate

1. Reinstalled Windows 10, but can't activate - Similar Threads - Reinstalled can't activate

2. Can't activate windows 10. After reinstall

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Can't activate windows 10. After reinstall: Can't activate windows 10. After reinstall/restore the message reads wrong key . I have performed all the suggestions and fixes from bots and the website but NOTHING resolves the problem . There is no longer a real person to talk to from support. The number refers you to...
  3. windows 10 reinstalling and activating

windows 10 reinstalling and activating: my windows 10 reinstalling and activation is not working . I have already installed but it was not activated and it is showing some error code ? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-10-reinstalling-and-activating/b082ec7b-3332-434c-b0e9-1a02791c8a2f
  4. Reinstalled Windows 10 Activation

Reinstalled Windows 10 Activation: I had a windows 10 which was freely upgraded from Windows 7 some years ago. Because of some freezes and crashes happened daily I decided to reinstall it. Depend on my surfs on the Microsoft website and Microsoft support suggestions, I assigned and linked my email address to...
  5. Can't activate window after reinstalling

Can't activate window after reinstalling: I have a dell xps15 9560 that won't activate after recovering the os. I tried the troubleshooter and get this: "c:\Windows\system32\pkeyhelper.dll is either not designed to run on Windows or it contains errors. Try installing the program, again using the original installation...
  6. Can't activate Windows 10 Product key after reinstalling Windows

Can't activate Windows 10 Product key after reinstalling Windows: Hi, last 2 years I got my Dell Laptop fixed by Dell support in warranty. Then the technician sold me a license of W8P/W10 32/64BIT SVC DPK. And I got a product key. But today I just reinstall in my Windows actually upgrade from Windows8 to Windows10 and I put those product...
  7. Reinstalled windows now can't get it activated.

Reinstalled windows now can't get it activated.: I used to have Windows 7 Professional on my desktop, but in 2015 when they offered Windows 10 Pro for free, I got it. After awhile I noticed my desktop running slower and had little space on my terabyte hard-drive, so I did successfully reset my computer and fresh start it,...
  8. Activating a reinstalled Windows 10

Activating a reinstalled Windows 10: I already followed the steps mentioned in the link https://support.microsoft.com/en-in/help/12440/windows-10-activate & nothing changed. I get the error code 0x87e10bc6 & when I press: go to Microsoft store, the store doesn't open. Please note that I reinstalled my free...
  9. Can't activate Windows 10 after reinstall

Can't activate Windows 10 after reinstall: I can't activate my Windows 10 after reinstalling. When I purchased my PC it was it was using Windows 7. I've gone through all the Windows updates until I recently had a problem and had to reinstall Windows 10. Now I'm trying to activate Windows and getting an error code. I...
  10. Can't activate Windows 10 Pro when Windows 10 Home was not activated. Can't reinstall Home...

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Can't activate Windows 10 Pro when Windows 10 Home was not activated. Can't reinstall Home...: I bought Windows 10 Home from the Microsoft store, installed and used it, then wanted more features so I bought and upgraded to Windows 10 Pro. For some reason, my system is showing Windows 10 Enterprise. I can't activate the Home or Pro version and I can't downgrade....