Windows 10: Reinstalled Windows 10 BUT - I've lost my E Drive

Discus and support Reinstalled Windows 10 BUT - I've lost my E Drive in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; As the title says......my E drive has now vanished and............I think somehow there might actually be three copies of Windows 10 on my computer... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Brad 63, Mar 26, 2020.

1. Brad 63 Win User

Reinstalled Windows 10 BUT - I've lost my E Drive

As the title says......my E drive has now vanished and............I think somehow there might actually be three copies of Windows 10 on my computer now.

I'd been having trouble installing it because of Ubuntufied partitions

Once that was solved, it installed three times in a row.

I wondered if it was so happy at finally being able to install that it couldn't get enough of doing it.

Then I realized....I'd left the USB with the installation software in situ. Of course it kept going in circles!

So first - how do I get it to realize that there actually is an E drive there waiting to receive lots of lovely documents?

And how do I find out if two useless iterations of Windows 10 are sitting about occupying space unnecessarily? And if they are, how do I get rid of them?

BTW - It's the latest version. November 2019 downloaded yesterday and today from the Windows 10 website.

:)

Brad 63, Mar 26, 2020

2. Reinstall Windows 10 to new hard drive

Hi Rodolpho,

We want to know about the issue you're having with your recovery drive. Please answer the questions below:

• Are you trying to reinstall Windows 8 or Windows 10?
    • If you already upgraded to Windows 10, were you able to create a new copy of the recovery drive?

We suggest creating a new copy of the recovery drive and then follow the steps provided by Andre Da Costa above this thread.

Update us with the outcome so we can assist you further.

Robert Caw, Mar 26, 2020
  3. Ahhzz Win User
    Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Mar 26, 2020
  4. puma99dk| Win User

Reinstalling Windows 10 to sell a PC - is the 'Remove everything' option enough?

Restore factory settings do list Removes your personal files, apps and settings, and reinstalls the version of Windows that came on this PC.

So if this isn't true well than just erase the drive and install a clean Windows 10 with all the drivers u need but why should it be true
    @FordGT90Concept ? *Laugh :laugh:

puma99dk|, Mar 26, 2020
Thema:

1. Reinstalled Windows 10 BUT - I've lost my E Drive - Similar Threads - Reinstalled I've lost

2. I've lost my screenshot icons

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I've lost my screenshot icons: Here's a screenshot of my problem https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/ive-lost-my-screenshot-icons/680b0299-ded6-4afa-b6a5-85f835316c49
  3. I've lost my screenshot icons

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I've lost my screenshot icons: Here's a screenshot of my problem https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/ive-lost-my-screenshot-icons/680b0299-ded6-4afa-b6a5-85f835316c49
  4. I've reinstalled windows...

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    I've reinstalled windows...: I've reinstalled windows on my SSD, and i deleted all the partitions on my device. I resintalled using a windows creation media tool and i was wandering if i can delete the folder that is labelled windows.Old as its taking up a large amount of my SSD, Is it safe to delete...
  5. My E drive

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    My E drive: my E drive in not working when I put a disk in E drive it say no disk in the drive https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-e-drive/53a37e55-5432-42d7-b596-340e53840688
  6. Lost E: data drive

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Lost E: data drive: I have a laptop with dual drives, an SSD that runs the windows and other programs, and a data drive for my data. Recently the data drive became "unavailable" and a big blue questionmark appears above it in file explorer. Tried restoring windows 10 on the laptop but its...
  7. I've lost most of my external drives.

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    I've lost most of my external drives.: I have 8 external drives and all but 6 of them are usable. I did find a virus just prior to one of my drives becoming corrupt and every day for the last week I've lost the rest of the drives. This virus find was also the same day as windows 10 updated, just a coincidence?...
  8. I've lost Media Player- Windows 10

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    I've lost Media Player- Windows 10: I was having some problems with WIndow 10/ Media Player 13(?). I uninstalled it, I didn't do anything special. Then I couldn't find it in Windows apps, It is not in Windows Features/ Media Features. I know this because the box at Media Features doesn't have a plus sign. I...
  9. I've lost my ram!

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    I've lost my ram!: When I open the performance tab in task manager I see Hardware Reserved: 137mb. Can I fix that? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/ive-lost-my-ram/45d9553e-b257-427d-9fe9-2b4c4f0d74f7
  10. I've lost my memory

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    I've lost my memory: Well not literally but since upgrading a Dell 755 to w10 (32 bit) I not only have 2.99 available memory out of the 4gb installed. Under W7 I had over 3.5 gig" so what has stolen my memory? Another identical machine running W10 but 64bit has 8 gig installed of which 7.86 is...