Windows 10: Reinstalled Windows 10 on my ZenBook UX501JW. Should I download & install all Asus drivers...

Discus and support Reinstalled Windows 10 on my ZenBook UX501JW. Should I download & install all Asus drivers... in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; Should I download the drivers from Asus website first and install them. Or will I be fine with the drivers windows update might install? submitted by... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/CheeseElectric, Feb 21, 2020.

1. Reinstalled Windows 10 on my ZenBook UX501JW. Should I download & install all Asus drivers...

Should I download the drivers from Asus website first and install them. Or will I be fine with the drivers windows update might install?

submitted by /u/CheeseElectric
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/CheeseElectric, Feb 21, 2020
  2. JD_Mik Win User

Touchscreen (touch panel) not working after windows 10 upgrade - asus zenbook ux501jw

I upgraded my Asus Zenbook Ux501JW to Windows 10, now my toucscreen no longer works. The touchpanel worked fine before the upgrade to windows 10. Now the system acts as if it does not have a touchscreen display. The pen and touch
    options are nowhere to be found, in the system info panel it says "No pen or touch input is available for this display" , and the touchpanel is not listed in teh device manager.

I have contacted Asus support, who advised me to look for and enable 'HID-touch panel' in the device manager under 'Human Interface Devices' but this device is not listed. The only items listed under 'Human Interface Devices' are:

• HID-compliant wireless radio controls
    • USB Input Device
    Asus support then advised me to download and reinstall the chipset drivers from (http://support.asus.com/download.aspx?SLanguage=en&p=3&s=770&m=UX501JW&os=&hashedid=Z9AuwwfsrmavyQi6).
    I did that, and it did not fix the problem.

I have run windows hardware troubleshooter and it found no problems.

There are no devices with errors in the device manager.

All drivers and bios are up to date.

The only other solution offered by Asus support was to revert back to windows 8.1.... I do not want to do that if possible.

This appears to be a software issue where the system is recognizing the touchpanel as something other than an input device... but I do not know how to fix that.

Please help - I do not want to revert back to windows 8.

JD_Mik, Feb 21, 2020
  3. Windows 7 wont install drivers

i dont think anyone here understands what your asking either when its nearly a 90% english dominated Tech forum.
    Step 1
    reinstall windows from scratch
    Step 2
    install all drivers from the cd that came with the god damn motherboard *common sense*
    Step 3
    update windows
    Step 4
    install misc etc crap like flash java etc etc
    Step 5
    Install GPU drivers
    Step 6
    go back to using your pc without issue.

crazyeyesreaper, Feb 21, 2020
  4. Reinstalled Windows 10 on my ZenBook UX501JW. Should I download & install all Asus drivers...

Windows 7 wont install drivers

+1

If you having an issue installing a driver that worked before you formatted or wont install on a fresh build, sometimes this means hardware damage

brandonwh64, Feb 21, 2020
Thema:

Reinstalled Windows 10 on my ZenBook UX501JW. Should I download & install all Asus drivers...

1. Reinstalled Windows 10 on my ZenBook UX501JW. Should I download & install all Asus drivers... - Similar Threads - Reinstalled ZenBook UX501JW

2. BSOD of an ASUS Zenbook

in Windows 10 Gaming
    BSOD of an ASUS Zenbook: The Zenbook laptop crashed with a blue screen, and rebooted before I could make a note of the crash reason.Hopefully the attached dumps and NFO can make up for this.Thank youBSOD_Zenbook...
  3. BSOD of an ASUS Zenbook

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    BSOD of an ASUS Zenbook: The Zenbook laptop crashed with a blue screen, and rebooted before I could make a note of the crash reason.Hopefully the attached dumps and NFO can make up for this.Thank youBSOD_Zenbook...
  4. Can't reinstall Windows 11 on ASUS Zenbook after installing Ubuntu

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can't reinstall Windows 11 on ASUS Zenbook after installing Ubuntu: I recently did a clean install of Ubuntu 22.04.3 onto my new ASUS Zenbook Q420V which erased Windows 11. I later realized that I needed to reinstall Windows 11, so I created a boot disk using the Windows Media Creation tool and was able to get thru the first few steps in...
  5. Can't reinstall Windows 11 on ASUS Zenbook after installing Ubuntu

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Can't reinstall Windows 11 on ASUS Zenbook after installing Ubuntu: I recently did a clean install of Ubuntu 22.04.3 onto my new ASUS Zenbook Q420V which erased Windows 11. I later realized that I needed to reinstall Windows 11, so I created a boot disk using the Windows Media Creation tool and was able to get thru the first few steps in...
  6. Asus Zenbook. When

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Asus Zenbook. When: Hi guys. I just bought Asus Zenbook and a few days ago I took the cable out and it stopped working. The laptop works only when it is plugged in.In Device Manager in batteries I saw only Microsoft ACPI, so I don't see Microsoft AC Adapter.Any advise on how to fix it? Thank...
  7. Windows 10 with Asus ZenBook

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows 10 with Asus ZenBook: Hi, I would like to force a portrait view screen automatically when flipping the screen around behind my keyboard every time. And have it automatically set to landscape when using the ZenBook in labtop mode. In other words, Is there a way to have always - what ever...
  8. asus zenbook

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    asus zenbook: my camera and vido is not working https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/asus-zenbook/253c5f2d-60b6-48bd-86a4-194ce4d63135
  9. ASUS Zenbook UX303L - Unable to install Windows 10 Pro

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    ASUS Zenbook UX303L - Unable to install Windows 10 Pro: Ladies and Gentlemen, After 16 h attempting to install a Windows 10 Pro version on an ASUS Zenbook UX303L, I do have to capitulate... I have never had, heard or seen such unbelievable difficulties/troubles on a Windows 10 installation. Brief introduction: A friend of mine...
  10. Cannot update windows on my ASUS Zenbook.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Cannot update windows on my ASUS Zenbook.: For weeks now my computer has been attempting to update itself. The same thing always happens. It goes to the update screen and climbs up to 100% and then restarts as if everything worked flawlessly. Except it doesn't finish booting. Eventually I have to manually turn the...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. Asus Zenbook UX 303 LN touchscreen windows 10 issues