Windows 10: Reinstalled Windows 10 onto incorrect HD

Discus and support Reinstalled Windows 10 onto incorrect HD in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Hello, I recently encountered the 0xc0000225 error code which stated the OS couldn't be loaded because the system registry file is missing or... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by CheyneMichaels, Nov 13, 2018.

1. Reinstalled Windows 10 onto incorrect HD

Hello,

I recently encountered the 0xc0000225 error code which stated the OS couldn't be loaded because the system registry file is missing or contains errors.

I used guides and instructions on this website which allowed me to reinstall windows successfully.

However, my PC has 2 hard drives, (one HDD and one SSD), and the media creation tool installed it onto the HDD when it originally was on the SSD.

Is there a way for me to uninstall Win 10 from my HDD and reinstall it on SSD. Keep in mind my SSD was the drive that originally experienced the error code.

Intel i7-8700k 3.7

16GB DDR4

GTX 1070 Ti

MSI motherboard

:)

CheyneMichaels, Nov 13, 2018
  2. Monk.e83 Win User

Unlocked Realtek HD Audio Drivers Windows 7 & 8 (With Dolby Digital Live and DTS Interactive)

DTS supported natively by Windows 8/8.1 and it should work on windows 10 too just DDL require to unlock your driver .

Monk.e83, Nov 13, 2018
  3. MrGenius Win User
    [Solved] Windows 10 keeps reinstalling KB3119142

I noticed quite some time ago that KB3119142 (Update for Microsoft Visual C++ 2012 Update 4 Redistributable Package) kept reinstalling itself for some reason. At least once daily. Sometimes up to several times a day. I just ignored it. It didn't seem to be doing any harm. And I figured they'd eventually fix it. Well...days turned into weeks, weeks into months, with no end to the problem in sight. It dragged on unsolved for at least the last few months. Literally reinstalling itself hundreds of(at least a hundred, felt like more) times in that period of time.

So I finally googled it a couple days ago. And just got around to fixing it today. Which appears to have worked. And it couldn't have been easier to do. I feel so stupid to have let it intimidate me for so long.*Oops! Reinstalled Windows 10 onto incorrect HD :oops:
    Below are links to the thread that I got the fix idea from, and the official MS support info page for KB3119142(from which I quoted the above).
    http://www.tenforums.com/windows-up...-windows-10-keeps-reinstalling-kb3119142.html
    https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/kb/3119142

MrGenius, Nov 13, 2018
  4. Reinstalled Windows 10 onto incorrect HD

Recognizing usb hd dock in Windows 10

Thanks so much. Got EaseUs like you suggested. Took care of everything. Next step, reinstalling Windows 10 on a new HD. Thanks again.

BrettNesin, Nov 13, 2018
Thema:

Reinstalled Windows 10 onto incorrect HD

1. Reinstalled Windows 10 onto incorrect HD - Similar Threads - Reinstalled onto incorrect

2. Reinstalling onto a different drive

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Reinstalling onto a different drive: Soon i plan to get a new m.2 ssd, as my current hdd is slow, and starting to fail. I plan to reinstall windows onto my new ssd, but my question is, will be able to transfer my old data from my hdd to the new drive during reinstallation, since i know that is something you can...
  3. Reinstalling onto a different drive

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Reinstalling onto a different drive: Soon i plan to get a new m.2 ssd, as my current hdd is slow, and starting to fail. I plan to reinstall windows onto my new ssd, but my question is, will be able to transfer my old data from my hdd to the new drive during reinstallation, since i know that is something you can...
  4. Reinstalling onto a different drive

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. Reinstall windows 10 onto laptop with failed SSD.

Reinstall windows 10 onto laptop with failed SSD.: Hi all,A little bit ago my laptops SSD failed. I had an old computer to use as a backup and was doing so until it recently started experiencing some major lags. I decided to replace my SSD in my ASUS Ux430 and try to get it up and running again. The old SSD had windows 10 on...
  6. Reinstall windows 10 onto ssd

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Reinstall windows 10 onto ssd: So i got a 1tb ssd and was wondering how i set it up and install windows onto it. Right now i use a 1tb hard drive with windows and all of my stuff on it. How do i install windows onto my SSD? Do i install windows 10 onto a flash drive and use it as my boot device? Or do i...
  7. reinstalling w10 onto ssd?

reinstalling w10 onto ssd?: laptop comes with 2 drives it looks like this: https://imgur.com/a/bDw1QSf disk 1= hdd disk 0 = sdd question #1: im guessing w10 is running on the hdd? but the sdd says it has 'system' w/e that means w10 installed, is activated did the windows updates problem:...
  8. Reinstall Hd webcam

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Reinstall Hd webcam: Hello, So I have an msi gs65 Stealth Thin 8RE laptop and had an issue with my camera. Apparently it was disconnected because of a recent repair. But I thought it might be a problem with the driver. I'm running Windows 10. I didn't find the driver first, I didn't find...
  9. Reinstalling windows on a new HD

Reinstalling windows on a new HD: My hard disk failed a few days back so I'm in the process of getting a new one. Is there a way I can use my old Windows 10 licence? Or do I have to buy a new copy? To make thing more complicated I'm not at all sure where the licence code is. Thank you for any advice...
  10. Reinstall Win 10 onto Win 7

Reinstall Win 10 onto Win 7: A computer glitch during a download (in Win 10) required that the only way to start up ( I tried several programs that wouldn't work-Intermediate to advanced user). The recovery loaded the original Win 7. I had loaded Win 10 free during appropriate time period. Is there...