Windows 10: Reinstalled windows 10 onto my ssd everything is gone

Discus and support Reinstalled windows 10 onto my ssd everything is gone in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I reinstalled windows 10 onto my new ssd from the usb media and wen i loaded my desktop back up all my apps and games were gone. I check my hardrive... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by GavinMoir, Aug 22, 2019.

1. GavinMoir Win User

Reinstalled windows 10 onto my ssd everything is gone

I reinstalled windows 10 onto my new ssd from the usb media and wen i loaded my desktop back up all my apps and games were gone. I check my hardrive and the storage is still there with everything but i have to reinstall everything even tho its on my drive. When i do reinstall a steam game it jus shows a blank white icon.

:)

GavinMoir, Aug 22, 2019

2. Why did the startup window get cleared?

I didn't missed any step, the list was gone and gone , even after using lot of programs the programs were not listed in that list.

smartali89, Aug 22, 2019
  3. Reinstalling windows 10 on SSD

Step 1: Backup your important files:

Step 2: create a new bootable copy of Windows 10. The Windows 10 USB you have is the original version of Windows 10 which quite outdated.

Step 1: How
    to download official Windows 10 ISO files

Step 2:

Step 3: Shutdown the computer, remove the HDD then install the SSD

Step 4: Perform a clean install.

When you upgraded from a previous version of Windows or receive a new computer preinstalled with Windows 10, what happened is the hardware (your PC) will get a digital entitlement, where a unique signature of the computer will be stored on Microsoft
    Activation Servers. The Windows 7 or Windows 8 genuine license you were previously running will be exchanged for a diagnostics key.

Anytime you need to reinstall Windows 10 on that machine, just proceed to reinstall Windows 10. It will automatically reactivate. You will prompted to enter a product key a couple times through the installation, click I don't have
    a key and Do this later.

There is no need to know or get a new key, but if you have issues with Digital Licensing or the Activation Troubleshooter, you can utilize an existing Windows 7 or Windows 8/8.1 product key you already own to
    reactivate if necessary. or use the reset function in Windows 10.

Activate Your Windows 10 License via Microsoft Chat Support

Andre Da Costa, Aug 22, 2019
  4. Reinstalled windows 10 onto my ssd everything is gone

Reinstalling windows 10 on SSD

Hi Ralph,

Regarding your concern about changing the hard drive, you can definitely reinstall Windows 10 and activate it after changing your HDD to SSD. We suggest that you

back up your files
    in your SSD. You can use the Windows 10 USB, you can also follow the steps provided by
    Andre Da Costa in this
    forum article
    . This will give you steps on how to install Windows using media creation tool or directly using your web browser.

In line with your license concern, it should be activated after you reinstall Windows 10 on the same desktop even after you made the hardware change. You can follow the steps provided in this

article
    to re-activate Windows 10.

Update us with the result so we can further assist you.

Anthony Gal, Aug 22, 2019
Thema:

Reinstalled windows 10 onto my ssd everything is gone

1. Reinstalled windows 10 onto my ssd everything is gone - Similar Threads - Reinstalled onto ssd

2. Reinstall a fresh Windows 10 onto an SSD already running windows 10

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Reinstall a fresh Windows 10 onto an SSD already running windows 10: I have a windows 10 home pc with the OS on the SSD and the data on an HDD. Having problems with the Windows operation and want to install a new edition on to the SSD. Do I need to format the SSD before the install? OS won’t let me create a recovery DISC or flash drive.PC is...
  3. Reinstall a fresh Windows 10 onto an SSD already running windows 10

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Reinstall a fresh Windows 10 onto an SSD already running windows 10: I have a windows 10 home pc with the OS on the SSD and the data on an HDD. Having problems with the Windows operation and want to install a new edition on to the SSD. Do I need to format the SSD before the install? OS won’t let me create a recovery DISC or flash drive.PC is...
  4. Reinstall a fresh Windows 10 onto an SSD already running windows 10

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. Reinstall windows 10 onto laptop with failed SSD.

Reinstall windows 10 onto laptop with failed SSD.: Hi all,A little bit ago my laptops SSD failed. I had an old computer to use as a backup and was doing so until it recently started experiencing some major lags. I decided to replace my SSD in my ASUS Ux430 and try to get it up and running again. The old SSD had windows 10 on...
  6. Everything is gone

Everything is gone: I think I accidentally ended ‘explorer’ in task manager - all my programs exited. I restarted and then everything was missing - all my files gone, programs logged out like they’ve been newly installed, background has changed, etcTo try and fix I started up explorer again and...
  7. Reinstall windows 10 onto ssd

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Reinstall windows 10 onto ssd: So i got a 1tb ssd and was wondering how i set it up and install windows onto it. Right now i use a 1tb hard drive with windows and all of my stuff on it. How do i install windows onto my SSD? Do i install windows 10 onto a flash drive and use it as my boot device? Or do i...
  8. Reinstalling Windows 10 on to my ssd

Reinstalling Windows 10 on to my ssd: So i have a gaming pc and i had my Windows on my hard drive this was hindering my performance so i went to reinstall Windows on my ssd and i ran into a problem The installation works normally until the restart after this the files are downloaded on the ssd but when i boot...
  9. reinstalling w10 onto ssd?

reinstalling w10 onto ssd?: laptop comes with 2 drives it looks like this: https://imgur.com/a/bDw1QSf disk 1= hdd disk 0 = sdd question #1: im guessing w10 is running on the hdd? but the sdd says it has 'system' w/e that means w10 installed, is activated did the windows updates problem:...
  10. windows 10 pro major problems with reinstall!! Everything is gone??

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    windows 10 pro major problems with reinstall!! Everything is gone??: I have windows 10 pro and reinstall I lost" SoundMax" input and output. recycle bin, my start up GONE. I'm lucky if it restarts at all. 80,000 files alot were corrupt. don't know what to do??...