Windows 10: Reinstalled Windows 7 Using DVD. Previously had Windows 10 on device. How Do I Upgrade Back...

Discus and support Reinstalled Windows 7 Using DVD. Previously had Windows 10 on device. How Do I Upgrade Back... in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; So I was grandfathered in through the free Windows 10 upgrade from Windows 7 and took the free upgrade a few years ago. I had to reinstall through my... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by iProbeU, May 27, 2020.

1. iProbeU Win User

Reinstalled Windows 7 Using DVD. Previously had Windows 10 on device. How Do I Upgrade Back...

So I was grandfathered in through the free Windows 10 upgrade from Windows 7 and took the free upgrade a few years ago. I had to reinstall through my original Windows 7 disk because of BSODs after the login screen.

Is there any way for me to upgrade that device from Windows 7 back to Windows 10? Or will I have to buy a separate copy?

:)

iProbeU, May 27, 2020

2. How to reinstall Windows 10 if my computers used the free upgrade from 7 and 8?

Will windows 10 still accept the license keys from 7 and 8 now if I reinstall my computer?

Does Microsoft keep a list of users who upgraded to Win 10 using their 7 and 8 keys so that when users need to reinstall windows 10 the old keys would work?

Do I need to call in Microsoft to ask them to activate my Windows 10 when I give them my win 7 keys?

Both computers are laptops. The windows 7 machine had the serial printed on the back, and I needed to enter that when I upgraded to 10. The windows 8 machine had the serial built in inside its boot system so I didn't need to enter the key when I upgraded to 10, but I did manage to write down the keys using a fetcher program.

JebusPrime, May 27, 2020
  3. Sasqui Win User
    Watching DVD Movies on Windows 10 (or not)

I doubt a huge deal to most, but I hate it when they do that! *Shadedshun :shadedshu:

http://www.nytimes.com/2016/02/25/t...h/watching-dvd-movies-on-windows-10.html?_r=0

Sasqui, May 27, 2020
  4. RLRehm Win User

Reinstalled Windows 7 Using DVD. Previously had Windows 10 on device. How Do I Upgrade Back...

Windows 7 Professional keeps dropping the DVD/CD drive

Working with a fresh install (2nd attempt) of Windows 7 Professional on new hardware. The motherboard is a Gigabyte EP45-UD3P. Running 4G of RAM and an Intel Q9400 Quad Core CPU. The DVD/CD optical drive is a Pioneer DVR-218L.

Here's the problem - after two fresh installs, Windows 7 drops the DVD/CD drive and I get the following error in Device Manager (The device cannot start {code 10}). After the install, the drive works for a period of time, then stops working and I get the error code.

The driver appears to be a standard Windows driver (CD-ROM driver).

I've tried uninstalling the drive and re-installing it in Device Manager but it does not work - I continue to get the device error.

I've also swapped out the DVD/CD drive to insure it's not a bad unit. Same problem with both drives.

What do you suggest for next steps?? Could it be an issue with the motherboard?? A driver problem?

I visited the Pioneer web site - could not find any help or additional Windows 7 drivers.

What now??

RLRehm, May 27, 2020
Thema:

1. Reinstalled Windows 7 Using DVD. Previously had Windows 10 on device. How Do I Upgrade Back... - Similar Threads - Reinstalled Using DVD

2. I want to upgrade to Windows 10 using my windows 7 ultimate dvd. How can I do this without...

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    I want to upgrade to Windows 10 using my windows 7 ultimate dvd. How can I do this without...: I want to upgrade to Windows 10 using my windows 7 ultimate dvd. How can I do this without installing ultimate. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-want-to-upgrade-to-windows-10-using-my-windows-7/4c38edd4-92b6-4460-9a4f-1b3d361f7f73
  3. I want to upgrade to Windows 10 using my windows 7 ultimate dvd. How can I do this without...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I want to upgrade to Windows 10 using my windows 7 ultimate dvd. How can I do this without...: I want to upgrade to Windows 10 using my windows 7 ultimate dvd. How can I do this without installing ultimate. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-want-to-upgrade-to-windows-10-using-my-windows-7/4c38edd4-92b6-4460-9a4f-1b3d361f7f73
  4. I want to upgrade to Windows 10 using my windows 7 ultimate dvd. How can I do this without...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Had to reinstall windows 7 over windows 10

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Had to reinstall windows 7 over windows 10: Because of the horrible windows 10 update I could no longer access my PC beyond the Sign in screen Not even Safe mode would help get me back in. I was locked out because no prompts would open up to enter any log in info. So I did the only thing I could and that was...
  6. how to upgrade windows 7 pro to windows 10 pro using an OEM dvd

how to upgrade windows 7 pro to windows 10 pro using an OEM dvd: My desktop runs on Windows 7 Pro, so I purchased a Windows 10 Pro OEM DVD to upgrade the operating system. I am looking for guidance on how to do the upgrade? Thanks....
  7. Upgrade Windows 7 to Windows 10 using an OEM DVD

Upgrade Windows 7 to Windows 10 using an OEM DVD: I have Windows 7 Home currently on a PC. I want to upgrade to Windows 10 as an upgrade rather than a fresh install. Can I do this using a Windrows 10 Home OEM DVD purchased from a local authorized retailer? I also have Windows 7 Pro on another pc. Can I do the same using...
  8. How to add back Device which I had removed previously

in Windows 10 Customization
    How to add back Device which I had removed previously: Hi, I had somehow removed the laptop device from my microsoft account and I will like to add back the same laptop device again. I tried the instruction in my microsoft account "add device" but it said "Sign in with a Microsoft account instead" but I can see it. Yes I login...
  9. Having troubles upgrading Windows 7 to Windows 10 on pc that previously had Windows 10...

Having troubles upgrading Windows 7 to Windows 10 on pc that previously had Windows 10...: The computer I have been using has had windows 10 installed on it before, back when the free upgrade was still available, but decided to go back to windows 7 for personal comfort. After using windows 10 for work, I have decided to reinstall windows 10 for my own personal...
  10. proper way to reinstall having Windows 7 dvd and getting back to 10?

proper way to reinstall having Windows 7 dvd and getting back to 10?: I did the free upgrade to windows 10 however many months ago on my computer. I have the oem Windows 7 Pro install dvd that i purchased from newegg. I plan on gifting my current rig to family and would like to reformat my hard drive and do a clean install of windows. But I...