Windows 10: Reinstalled Windows and I can't delete a certain folder now

Discus and support Reinstalled Windows and I can't delete a certain folder now in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; Reinstalled windows because of an issue, I only formatted My C drive. All the apps and data in D drive was left as it is I try to launch Adobe pdf (I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/kawkawshi, May 5, 2020.

1. Reinstalled Windows and I can't delete a certain folder now

Reinstalled windows because of an issue,

I only formatted My C drive. All the apps and data in D drive was left as it is

I try to launch Adobe pdf (I installed it on D drive), but now it wont launch. checked my installed programs and it wasn't there.

So i decided to delete the "Adobe Pdf " entire folder but it wont delete saying I don't have the permission

I am the admin, I tried all the possible ways to delete listed on the internet(changing ownership, etc ,etc), I even tried in safe mode but I get a prompt "Acess is denied" in safe mode.

Please help, I'm out of ideas now

submitted by /u/kawkawshi
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/kawkawshi, May 5, 2020

2. Trouble deleting a folder

Thanks for the suggestion but it says "delete folder failed for E:\....." for each folder I try.

*Confused Reinstalled Windows and I can't delete a certain folder now :confused:

Will I be forever stuck with these unnecessary folders? *Oh Well Reinstalled Windows and I can't delete a certain folder now :eek:hwell:

oli_ramsay, May 5, 2020
  3. Anusha Win User
    C windows installer folder - Delete?

He can do symbolic link redirection and move the files in it to a different location. *Wink Reinstalled Windows and I can't delete a certain folder now ;)
    Better try it out in a virtual of first. Just a suggestion.

Like:
    First move everything in c:\windows\installer to d:\installercache
    Then delete c:\windows\installer folder
    Then type this in command mode as admin
    mklink /d c:\windows\installer d:\installercache

Removing those installer files is a bad idea. it might prevent you from updating or uninstalling apps.

Anusha, May 5, 2020
  4. Wile E Win User

Reinstalled Windows and I can't delete a certain folder now

C windows installer folder - Delete?

I have it in mine. Looking thru it, it looks like certain programs keep their installer in there. Probably not a good idea to delete it, as you might lose the ability to uninstall some programs.

Wile E, May 5, 2020
Thema:

Reinstalled Windows and I can't delete a certain folder now

1. Reinstalled Windows and I can't delete a certain folder now - Similar Threads - Reinstalled can't delete

2. Deleted NGC folder, now can't log in

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Deleted NGC folder, now can't log in: Hi, i really need help ASAP!So recently my Windows 10 sometimes shows "Something went wrong on our end" and shows error code 0x80280013 when im trying to sign in using my fingerprint or pin.Just like any other user, i search for that error code and got this result from...
  3. Deleted NGC folder, now can't log in

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Deleted NGC folder, now can't log in: Hi, i really need help ASAP!So recently my Windows 10 sometimes shows "Something went wrong on our end" and shows error code 0x80280013 when im trying to sign in using my fingerprint or pin.Just like any other user, i search for that error code and got this result from...
  4. Deleted NGC folder, now can't log in

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. I deleted NGC Folder, now can't login.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I deleted NGC Folder, now can't login.: When I tried to change Windows Hello Pin, it showed an error 'your organisations resources dontupport this pin'. I checked microsoft tech community and one microsoft officer replied delete NGC folder by taking permission and I did so. After that i got new pin setup but i...
  6. I deleted NGC Folder, now can't login.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I deleted NGC Folder, now can't login.: When I tried to change Windows Hello Pin, it showed an error 'your organisations resources dontupport this pin'. I checked microsoft tech community and one microsoft officer replied delete NGC folder by taking permission and I did so. After that i got new pin setup but i...
  7. Can't delete a certain folder off of desktop

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Can't delete a certain folder off of desktop: I can't seem to be able to delete a file off the desktop, everytime I've tried deleting it, it says "Could not find this item" I've already tried the rmdir /q /s method, but it says "the directory name is invalid"[ATTACH]...
  8. Created a folder now I can't delete it?

in Windows 10 Support
    Created a folder now I can't delete it?: I have a brand new computer, I just finished it in the last couple weeks if it makes any difference here's the basic hardware: Asus Prime X570-Pro motherboard, Ryzen 3950X, 32gb Corsair Ram, 2tb Samsung M.2 boot drive with Windows 10 pro, 4tb Samsung Evo data drive I:, 6tb...
  9. I can't delete certain users

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    I can't delete certain users: So this PC is from a friend that sold it to me, and he left his users here. The thing is that i can't delete those 2 users he created for some reason, i can't find the option. When trying with mine there is an option to 'delete user'. His users appear inside a slot called...
  10. I can't delete certain folders because of lack of permission.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    I can't delete certain folders because of lack of permission.: Hi, I bought this computer a few months ago and I installed it with Windows 10 Home Activated. Lately This week, when I download anything from the internet that contains a folder Like a .rar file I can't delete the folder, it says I need permissions from the administrator....