Windows 10: Reinstalled windows and possibly lost all of my documents

Discus and support Reinstalled windows and possibly lost all of my documents in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; submitted by /u/Nerdtendo64 [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/gba2ed/reinstalled_windows_and_possibly_lost_all_of_my/ Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/Nerdtendo64, Apr 30, 2020.

1. Reinstalled windows and possibly lost all of my documents

/u/Nerdtendo64, Apr 30, 2020

2. Lost documents after Windows update.

Here are two suggestions:

• Have a look in the folder C:\Windows.old\Users\MjKoval\Documents.
    Implement a robust backup scheme. If you have very important documents then they must be stored on two independent media.
    Do not wait until they are lost.

Frederik Long, Apr 30, 2020
  3. Kem Mon Win User
    Lost text

Hi Martha,

There are a lot of possible factor for a text or a
    word document to be lost. To isolate the issue, I have some questions for you:

• What application did you use to create the text document?

• Were there any changes made before the text was lost?

• Were there any recent application installed?

• What troubleshooting steps have you done so far?

We'll be waiting for your response.

Regards.

Kem Mon, Apr 30, 2020
  4. Reinstalled windows and possibly lost all of my documents

Lost old Documents after two-phased reinstall of W7 Home 32bit by W10 Pro 64bit?

Hi Andrewz,

I realize the inconvenience you are experiencing with Windows 10. I will certainly help you.

This issue might occur if file is in hidden mode.

I suggest you to follow the steps below to

To assist you better, please provided us the information below:

• When you reinstalled Windows 7, are you able to find the files and folders on the computer?
    • When you say that "When Windows 7 Pro 64bit started for the first time", are you able to login to user account on the computer?

I suggest you to refer to the suggestion provided in the Microsoft Help Article and check if it helps.

Find lost files after the update to Windows 10:

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/12386/windows-10-find-lost-files-after-update

Please get back to us with an update on issue with finding Windows.old folder on Windows 10, we will be happy to help.

Thank you.

Nyima Yonten, Apr 30, 2020
Thema:

Reinstalled windows and possibly lost all of my documents

1. Reinstalled windows and possibly lost all of my documents - Similar Threads - Reinstalled possibly lost

2. forced to reinstall windows and lost all my files.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    forced to reinstall windows and lost all my files.: Got stuck in the start up repair loop and was forced to reinstall windows from a flash drive and have lost everything. Is there anyway to get my files back? I didn’t know this would happen and lost some very important material. I run Windows 10....
  3. forced to reinstall windows and lost all my files.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    forced to reinstall windows and lost all my files.: Got stuck in the start up repair loop and was forced to reinstall windows from a flash drive and have lost everything. Is there anyway to get my files back? I didn’t know this would happen and lost some very important material. I run Windows 10....
  4. forced to reinstall windows and lost all my files.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. Reinstalled windows and lost all my files

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Reinstalled windows and lost all my files: I have recently reinstalled windows on my PC as my windows was previously corrupted. I have lost all my files, but my hard drives still full of data. When I try to access that data and all my files I find nothing. I have gone through many videos and websites telling me to...
  6. Reinstalled windows and lost all my files

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Reinstalled windows and lost all my files: I have recently reinstalled windows on my PC as my windows was previously corrupted. I have lost all my files, but my hard drives still full of data. When I try to access that data and all my files I find nothing. I have gone through many videos and websites telling me to...
  7. NEED HELP Lost all Documents

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    NEED HELP Lost all Documents: I have a lenovo ideapad S405 with Microsoft Windows. My last update was July 21st 2021, Everything was fine. Last known time computer was logged into August 2nd 2021, All was well. I had Windows 10. I logged on August 16th 2021, I notice desktop looks like Windows 8 and fewer...
  8. All Documents lost

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    All Documents lost: I have lost all my documents after your last update and I need my resume ASAP I don't understand your last instructions and I am so unhappy with Microsoft but I have to use it. It use to be user friendly but not anymore. I want my documents back on my computer! I am not a...
  9. Lost all my documents after an update

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Lost all my documents after an update: I was with tech support yesterday and he did an update to fix my problems, which didn't work, and I lost all my documents. I did a "restore to earlier date" and they are still missing. How do I get them back?...
  10. All Files within My Documents lost

in Windows 10 Support
    All Files within My Documents lost: After a recent upgrade to Windows 10 pro I lost all my files within my documents The funny thing is that all files within my pictures and video, music were not affected. Has anyone else experienced this or knows what to do? 34534