Windows 10: Reinstalled windows because the internet disappeared and now my product key will not work

Discus and support Reinstalled windows because the internet disappeared and now my product key will not work in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; Never saw the internet vanish from my PC before, not disconnected there was no icon that said disconnected or online. Anyway I chose to reinstall... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by Ziggyzzz, Sep 26, 2020.

1. Ziggyzzz Win User

Reinstalled windows because the internet disappeared and now my product key will not work

Never saw the internet vanish from my PC before, not disconnected there was no icon that said disconnected or online. Anyway I chose to reinstall windows from the help. Why do I have to reinstall the key when it was valid to start? I retrieved the key from another drive and the last 5 digits match but I am being told the others are wrong. This is total BS when the cause is likely a MS update in the first place. Why does MS not recognize the mother and just activate win automatically. Tried to enter the key as directed.....................

:)

Ziggyzzz, Sep 26, 2020

2. Product Key for reinstalling windows

Hi NAUFAL

I am an independent advisor here to help

in this situation but you will have is a digital product key or product license attached to the motherboard of the computer. There is no traditional product key to be had in the situation. When reinstalling Windows 10 you will see on the screen that asks you
    to enter the activation key that you have the option to skip that step. Go ahead and skip that step, after set up as long as there is an active internet connection the Windows activation servers will read the digital activation license from the motherboard
    of the computer and activate for you.

The only situation where this would not apply is if you have changed or upgraded the motherboard in your computer

TechGuy_82, Sep 26, 2020
  3. Reinstall Windows 10 with OEM product key

When you upgraded from a previous version of Windows or receive a new computer preinstalled with Windows 10, what happened is the hardware (your PC) will get a digital entitlement, where a unique signature of the computer will be stored on Microsoft
    Activation Servers. The Windows 7 or Windows 8 genuine license you were previously running will be exchanged for a diagnostics key.

Anytime you need to reinstall Windows 10 on that machine, just proceed to reinstall Windows 10. It will automatically reactivate.
    You will prompted to enter a product key a couple times through the installation, click I don't have a key and Do this later.

There is no need to know or get a new key, but if you have issues with Digital Licensing or the Activation Troubleshooter, you can utilize an existing Windows 7 or Windows 8/8.1 product key
    you already ownto reactivate if necessary. or use the reset function in Windows 10.

Step 1: How
    to download official Windows 10 ISO files

Step 2:

Andre Da Costa, Sep 26, 2020
  4. Reinstalled windows because the internet disappeared and now my product key will not work

Windows 10 Product Key

Hi Oscar,

Since the laptop has no battery compartment wherein the product key is usually located, we recommend that you follow these steps to find your Windows product key:

• Press Windows + X and select Command Prompt (Admin).
    • Enter this command: wmic path SoftwareLicensingService get OA3xOriginalProductKey
      and hit Enter.

Also, if you're looking to reinstall Windows 10 after a hardware replacement, we recommend that you follow the steps provided in this

article

Let us know if performing these steps resolved the issue.

Dennis Mop, Sep 26, 2020
Thema:

Reinstalled windows because the internet disappeared and now my product key will not work

1. Reinstalled windows because the internet disappeared and now my product key will not work - Similar Threads - Reinstalled internet disappeared

2. My Product key is not working after reinstalling windows 11.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My Product key is not working after reinstalling windows 11.: When Im giving my product key to get office 365. Im getting below error. Previously it was working fine. If your product key is for Microsoft 365 Business or other business products, redeem it at office.com/setupkey.If your product key is for Office 2010, Office 2007, or...
  3. My Product key is not working after reinstalling windows 11.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    My Product key is not working after reinstalling windows 11.: When Im giving my product key to get office 365. Im getting below error. Previously it was working fine. If your product key is for Microsoft 365 Business or other business products, redeem it at office.com/setupkey.If your product key is for Office 2010, Office 2007, or...
  4. product key and reinstalling windows ?

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    product key and reinstalling windows ?: I activated my device with windows 10. then shortly asked if I wanted to upgrade to a better more fast and safer design windows 10 enterprise I did shortly before it started the form. I had the info. on the the product key asked to down load it with a flash drive I didn't...
  5. Reinstall product key

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Reinstall product key: hi already l have product key have i can reinstall https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/reinstall-product-key/5b23a23d-7eac-4f64-aabf-38cccf021afe
  6. Reinstalling Windows with Product Key

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Reinstalling Windows with Product Key: Over the break and in the past few months I've been waiting to do a full system wipe to start from scratch on my PC. The primary reason is that I am installing a new 500 gb m.2 SSD so I wanted to make that my boot drive, but also wanted to get rid of anything I didn't and...
  7. My product key disappeared

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    My product key disappeared: I just changed my motherboard, cpu and ram. Now windows tells me that my product is not active. I read somewhere that the key is stored in the motherboard so i plug in my old one and try the powershell command but nothing. It doesn't tell me that the product is not active...
  8. My product key not working after reinstall

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    My product key not working after reinstall: My laptop was originally windows 7 with a windows 7 product key. I upgraded it to windows 10 three years ago and never had a problem. Recently my windows crashed and nothing worked, so I had to reinstall the windows from a media creation file. Now windows 10 is successfully...
  9. Reinstalling Windows Product Key

Reinstalling Windows Product Key: I recently reinstalled windows 10 pro on my computer. I had it activated beforehand and it was working perfectly fine, but after reinstallation it wasnts another product key? Am I supposed to use my first product key?...
  10. Product Key for reinstalling windows

Product Key for reinstalling windows: I want to reinstall my laptop When I bought my laptop, there were already windows 10 So, if windows ask me a product key when reinstalling, where I can see my windows product key?...