Windows 10: Reinstalled windows + changed motherboard ram cpu gpu, no longer have activation key

Discus and support Reinstalled windows + changed motherboard ram cpu gpu, no longer have activation key in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; Hi, i recently upgraded my pc and had to reinstall windows. It now says i do not have an activation key and it gives me an annoying popup. I previously... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by TorbWasTaken, Dec 6, 2018.

1. Reinstalled windows + changed motherboard ram cpu gpu, no longer have activation key

Hi, i recently upgraded my pc and had to reinstall windows. It now says i do not have an activation key and it gives me an annoying popup. I previously had windows 7 which i upgraded to windows 10, and currently have windows 10 64 bit home edition. Can't really use live chat on phone, so i'm not sure what to do. Thanks in advance.

:)

TorbWasTaken, Dec 6, 2018
  2. erpster4 Win User

Changed Motherboard CPU and Ram windows is now not activated

OP could try a phone activation of Win10 as a last resort since he changed the motherboard, processor & RAM, which is pretty close to doing an "overhaul" of an computer

what were the original (old) motherboard, original CPU and old RAM chips before this problem occured?
    and what kind of new board, new CPU & new RAM sticks did OP use before trying to reactivate Win10?

I know replacing an old motherboard with a new board that uses a different chipset & RAM chips (lets say old board uses AMD CPU with DDR3 RAM sticks and new board uses Intel CPU but using DDR4 RAM sticks) is pretty much a very substantial change that will require re-activation.

erpster4, Dec 6, 2018
  3. Re-activating windows after Motherboard, CPU and ram change

Hello HonCheung,

About a year or so ago, I upgraded my gaming PC's motherboard and CPU from AMD to Intel and this was a question I had as well. At the end of the day, I was able to reactivate my copy of Windows 10 without too much hassle. This process will differ depending
    on the type of Windows 10 license that you have.

Here's a snippet from Microsoft regarding this process: "You can reinstall Windows 10 after you make a significant hardware change to your PC (such as replacing the motherboard), but it may no longer be activated. If you were running Windows 10 before the hardware
    change, use the Activation troubleshooter to reactivate Windows."

Using the Activation troubleshooter -
    https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/20527/...

I hope this helps and let us know if you require further assistance. Thank you.

BravoMan21, Dec 6, 2018
  4. Reinstalled windows + changed motherboard ram cpu gpu, no longer have activation key

I want to change my motherboard, cpu and ram.

Can i change my motherboard,cpu and ram without re-installing windows or loosing the license.

Currently i have Intel CPU and i want to change it to Ryzen cpu.

Gorelov Bogdan, Dec 6, 2018
Thema:

Reinstalled windows + changed motherboard ram cpu gpu, no longer have activation key

1. Reinstalled windows + changed motherboard ram cpu gpu, no longer have activation key - Similar Threads - Reinstalled changed motherboard

2. Windows Product ID change after Motherboard change, no longer activated

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Windows Product ID change after Motherboard change, no longer activated: Purchased a used computer with Windows 7 roughly 2 years ago, and used the free upgrade at the time to change to windows 10. My ex gave me a product ID, and a product Key that was displayed after the upgrade. Today I did some hardware changes, and got a new motherboard....
  3. Changed Motherboard and CPU, windows isn't activated anymore.

Changed Motherboard and CPU, windows isn't activated anymore.: I've changed my motherboard and CPU yesterday, sadly the Windows isn't activated now. When I run Troubleshoot to detect my Windows it doesn't work. I would love to get some help from you guys. Regards...
  4. Issue Activating Windows After Changing Motherboard and CPU

Issue Activating Windows After Changing Motherboard and CPU: I recently upgraded my CPU and Motherboard, but after doing so my Windows 10 Pro is no longer activated. I haven't done anything to my hard drive, other than hooking it up to the new CPU and Motherboard. I've tried re-entering my Windows Product Key, but it gives me an error....
  5. Windows not activated after changing motherboard and cpu

Windows not activated after changing motherboard and cpu: I recently changed the hardware on my pc and window 10 is telling me i need to activate windows, even though i am logged into my microsoft account with windows 10 tied to it. when i go through the trouble shooter and i click the "changed hardware" prompt it asks me to select...
  6. Changed motherboard and windows 10 is no longer activated

Changed motherboard and windows 10 is no longer activated: So I decided to get an upgrade on my pc so I got a new motherboard, CPU, and power supply. Now my windows 10 is not activated. I tried troubleshooting and tried to get it re-activated but Microsoft said I cant....
  7. Windows Won't Activate After MotherBoard, CPU, and RAM change.

Windows Won't Activate After MotherBoard, CPU, and RAM change.: First off, I had to reinstall windows after it (almost) booted to a blue screen after the hardware change, figured that would happen so no big surprise. Got to the troubleshoot screen and reinstalled or whatever its called from there. Works great, except windows doesn't want...
  8. Having trouble activating windows after changing motherboards

Having trouble activating windows after changing motherboards: I RMAed my motherboard a month ago and I'm finally getting around to putting my PC back together. I reinstalled windows with the disk and everything was going smoothly until after a few hours of use the activate windows watermark appeared on my screen. I went to activation...
  9. Windows 10 no longer Active after changing Motherboard

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 10 no longer Active after changing Motherboard: Hi, Changed my motherboard, now my w10 is no longer active. I had a retail version which is no longer in my possession of w7. I've read before that I would need to roll back to w7 then reupdate to w10, but I don't see that option. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks...
  10. Changed Motherboard CPU and Ram windows is now not activated

Changed Motherboard CPU and Ram windows is now not activated: Hi I have been running an retail windows 10 pro on this PC for years which has been activated from new. I have just Changed Motherboard CPU and Ram and now windows is NOT activated nor can I activate it. I checked my MS account and it shows I have 2 devices both the same...