Windows 10: Reinstalled windows + changed motherboard ram cpu gpu, no longer have activation key

Discus and support Reinstalled windows + changed motherboard ram cpu gpu, no longer have activation key in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; Hi, i recently upgraded my pc and had to reinstall windows. It now says i do not have an activation key and it gives me an annoying popup. I previously... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by TorbWasTaken, Dec 6, 2018.

1. Reinstalled windows + changed motherboard ram cpu gpu, no longer have activation key

Hi, i recently upgraded my pc and had to reinstall windows. It now says i do not have an activation key and it gives me an annoying popup. I previously had windows 7 which i upgraded to windows 10, and currently have windows 10 64 bit home edition. Can't really use live chat on phone, so i'm not sure what to do. Thanks in advance.

:)

TorbWasTaken, Dec 6, 2018
  2. erpster4 Win User

Changed Motherboard CPU and Ram windows is now not activated

OP could try a phone activation of Win10 as a last resort since he changed the motherboard, processor & RAM, which is pretty close to doing an "overhaul" of an computer

what were the original (old) motherboard, original CPU and old RAM chips before this problem occured?
    and what kind of new board, new CPU & new RAM sticks did OP use before trying to reactivate Win10?

I know replacing an old motherboard with a new board that uses a different chipset & RAM chips (lets say old board uses AMD CPU with DDR3 RAM sticks and new board uses Intel CPU but using DDR4 RAM sticks) is pretty much a very substantial change that will require re-activation.

erpster4, Dec 6, 2018
  3. Re-activating windows after Motherboard, CPU and ram change

Hello HonCheung,

About a year or so ago, I upgraded my gaming PC's motherboard and CPU from AMD to Intel and this was a question I had as well. At the end of the day, I was able to reactivate my copy of Windows 10 without too much hassle. This process will differ depending
    on the type of Windows 10 license that you have.

Here's a snippet from Microsoft regarding this process: "You can reinstall Windows 10 after you make a significant hardware change to your PC (such as replacing the motherboard), but it may no longer be activated. If you were running Windows 10 before the hardware
    change, use the Activation troubleshooter to reactivate Windows."

Using the Activation troubleshooter -
    https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/20527/...

I hope this helps and let us know if you require further assistance. Thank you.

BravoMan21, Dec 6, 2018
  4. Reinstalled windows + changed motherboard ram cpu gpu, no longer have activation key

I want to change my motherboard, cpu and ram.

Can i change my motherboard,cpu and ram without re-installing windows or loosing the license.

Currently i have Intel CPU and i want to change it to Ryzen cpu.

Gorelov Bogdan, Dec 6, 2018
Thema:

Reinstalled windows + changed motherboard ram cpu gpu, no longer have activation key

1. Reinstalled windows + changed motherboard ram cpu gpu, no longer have activation key - Similar Threads - Reinstalled changed motherboard

2. Windows 10 Activation with motherboard change

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Windows 10 Activation with motherboard change: Probably a common question, but I have not found anything helpful yet. I had a motherboard with an Intel processor and have updated to a an AMD processor. Windows handled the transition okay, but I have been having no luck getting windows to re-activate. I have tried...
  3. Activation after motherboard change.

Activation after motherboard change.: I have three computers running Windows 10 in the house. I have just replaced the motherboard in my desktop and now it says it needs activation. I have not replaced the hard disks so it is exactly the same version of windows 10 that has run fine since doing a free upgrade from...
  4. WINDOWS activation after MotherBoard change

in Windows 10 Customization
    WINDOWS activation after MotherBoard change: so I kinda broke my old motherboard and switched it out now it prompts me to activate windows and now when I try to activate it's says a error occurred and I should contact my "system admin" what should I do plz...
  5. Replacing motherboard, cpu and ram, transferring Windows 10

Replacing motherboard, cpu and ram, transferring Windows 10: I hope someone can provide me with the some guidance. The scenario is this: I'm updating the mobo, cpu and ram in my PC to AMD Ryzen 2700X and a Gigabyte x470. All the other components including the hard drive will be the same. I'll be reformatting the hard drive and...
  6. Activate windows after motherboard change

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Activate windows after motherboard change: I recently changed the motherboard on my acer aspire tc 780 to a B250H asus motherboard and now its telling me to activate windows 10 even though it was activated before i changed my motherboard is there a way i can activatewindows 10 without using my acer aspire tc 780...
  7. Reactivating Windows 10 Pro after hardware change (motherboard, CPU, RAM)

Reactivating Windows 10 Pro after hardware change (motherboard, CPU, RAM): The first thing I did before I change my setup was I linked my microsoft account to windows 10 so that I could have my activation connect to my microsoft account. Today, I try to reactivate windows with the windows 10 settings activation troubleshooter and I said that it is...
  8. Windows 10 no longer Active after changing Motherboard

Windows 10 no longer Active after changing Motherboard: Hi, Changed my motherboard, now my w10 is no longer active. I had a retail version which is no longer in my possession of w7. I've read before that I would need to roll back to w7 then reupdate to w10, but I don't see that option. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks...
  9. Changed Motherboard CPU and Ram windows is now not activated

Changed Motherboard CPU and Ram windows is now not activated: Hi I have been running an retail windows 10 pro on this PC for years which has been activated from new. I have just Changed Motherboard CPU and Ram and now windows is NOT activated nor can I activate it. I checked my MS account and it shows I have 2 devices both the same...
  10. windows 10 activation on motherboard change

windows 10 activation on motherboard change: Hi,i need change my motherboard,anyone got windows 10 activated on this situation? I dont have windows pre-installed on this pc,have windows 8 dvd with licence code from store and windows 10 activated on old motherboard already. In windows 8,there was phone activation that...