Windows 10: Reinstalled Windows, Have A Drop In HDD Space

Discus and support Reinstalled Windows, Have A Drop In HDD Space in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Hello. I had reinstalled Windows 10 on a laptop that had 8GB ram and 1TB of HDD. My laptop died. I needed a boot disk and RAM chips. I got my computer... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by JDPenni777, Oct 1, 2020.

1. Reinstalled Windows, Have A Drop In HDD Space

Hello. I had reinstalled Windows 10 on a laptop that had 8GB ram and 1TB of HDD. My laptop died. I needed a boot disk and RAM chips. I got my computer back up and running again by reinstalling Windows version 2004. Then when I checked the HDD, it only has a max capacity of 75GB HDD. What do I do to fix this?

The HP laptop is an HP 17-x114dx.

:)

JDPenni777, Oct 1, 2020
  2. Johankaan Win User

unlock hdd

Johankaan, Oct 1, 2020
  3. Kem Mon Win User
    unlock hdd

Hi Johan,

It is possible that your
    HDD was unreadable
    causing the error message to appear. We recommend that you perform these troubleshooting steps and check if there are any changes:

• Shutdown
      your
      PC.

• Unhooked
      the
      HDD
      and
      turn on
      your
      PC.

• Reconnect
      your
      HDD
      and
      restart
      your
      PC.

If the issue persists, we suggest that you contact your
    laptop/computer's manufacturer
    for further assistance.

Update us on how it goes.

Regards.

Kem Mon, Oct 1, 2020
  4. Johan45 Win User

Reinstalled Windows, Have A Drop In HDD Space

AMD FX OC'ers Club

That's what the auto setting will do since you're over the 1333 mark it jumps to the next step which isn't listed or officially supported I assume by that ram.

At this point though I would suggest dropping the multi one step or .5 so that we can get something stable and possibly take the heat issue out of the picture for now.

Johan45, Oct 1, 2020
Thema:

Reinstalled Windows, Have A Drop In HDD Space

1. Reinstalled Windows, Have A Drop In HDD Space - Similar Threads - Reinstalled Drop HDD

2. Reinstall but not enough space?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Reinstall but not enough space?: I need to do a reinstall of windows 10 from bios, but mye daughter has used up all the space. The problem is, I’m doing it from bios because it’s the only way I can do it. Not sure what she did. How can I get it reinstalled from bios with the memory used up?...
  3. Reinstall but not enough space?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Reinstall but not enough space?: I need to do a reinstall of windows 10 from bios, but mye daughter has used up all the space. The problem is, I’m doing it from bios because it’s the only way I can do it. Not sure what she did. How can I get it reinstalled from bios with the memory used up?...
  4. Reinstall but not enough space?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. HDD not showing space

in Windows 10 Gaming
    HDD not showing space: So, I recently installed an old HDD into my pc, I used diskpart to clean, repart and format the drive, once I was done and got the validation message, I assigned it the letter H and restarted my pc. After restarting, I check the storage settings page and found that no new...
  6. HDD not showing space

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    HDD not showing space: So, I recently installed an old HDD into my pc, I used diskpart to clean, repart and format the drive, once I was done and got the validation message, I assigned it the letter H and restarted my pc. After restarting, I check the storage settings page and found that no new...
  7. HDD not showing space

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  8. Pc suddenly have more hdd space

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Pc suddenly have more hdd space: Soo yesterday i had 695gb out off 918gb free. And this morning i booted up my pc and now i have 756gb free space, is this normal? submitted by /u/GiveNoFuck [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/m50z6u/pc_suddenly_have_more_hdd_space/
  9. HDD space issue

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    HDD space issue: Just installed a 1TB drive I had and after formatting it (Non quick method) it shows 929GB free of 931GB. Within Storage it says 1.60GB used out of 931GB but opening the drive using explorer it's empty. This is with the options set to show folders/files enabled for the drive....
  10. Reclaim space on hdd

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Reclaim space on hdd: I need to reclaim some space on the hard drive that my Windows 10 is installed on this pc. There is a Windows.old.000 folder (13.2 GB) and a Windows.old folder (9.09 GB). Can I still use Disk Cleanup with Windows 10 to do this, and is it ok to do it? 12190