Windows 10: Reinstalled windows now can't get it activated.

Discus and support Reinstalled windows now can't get it activated. in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; I used to have Windows 7 Professional on my desktop, but in 2015 when they offered Windows 10 Pro for free, I got it. After awhile I noticed my desktop... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by y00n33k, Oct 6, 2019.

1. y00n33k Win User

Reinstalled windows now can't get it activated.

I used to have Windows 7 Professional on my desktop, but in 2015 when they offered Windows 10 Pro for free, I got it. After awhile I noticed my desktop running slower and had little space on my terabyte hard-drive, so I did successfully reset my computer and fresh start it, reinstalling everything.

After an unsuccessful attempt to partition my hard-drive it got corrupted and I had to reinstall Windows 10 which worked, but It's no longer activated. I really don't have the money to buy Windows 10 Pro, but I do need the features that come with Pro that I used often.

:)

y00n33k, Oct 6, 2019

2. Taskbar bug: switching to another window -will not appear at the front

Follow either of these steps to fix the issue with the Active window hiding behind.

Method 1:
    I suggest you to disable window by hovering over it with the mouse and check if it helps. To do so I suggest you to try the below given steps and check if it helps:

1. Press Windows key + X key and click on Control Panel.
    2. Select or click Ease of Access.
    3. Click or tap onEase of Access Centre.
    4. Click on Make the Mouse Easier to Use was uncheck Activate Window by hovering over it with the mouse.
    5. Check if issue is resolved.
    Method 2:
    I would suggest you to completely uninstall the touchpad driver and reinstall it. Kindly follow the below given steps.

1. Press “Windows key + X” and click on “Device Manager”.
    2. In the list of devices, you should see the touchpad drivers.
    3. Right click on the device and then select "Uninstall".
    4. In the uninstall dialog, make sure you select the option to delete the driver package from the system. This causes the driver package installed earlier to be deleted.
    5. In the Action menu of Device manager, select “Scan for Hardware changes” option. This will cause the device driver to be reinstalled. Once the driver is installed, close all windows and restart the computer.

ChojiTiger, Oct 6, 2019
  3. csatennis Win User
    Taskbar bug: switching to another window -will not appear at the front

I have been trying to fix this for months. Your solution Method 1 seemed to work. THANK YOU!!!!

csatennis, Oct 6, 2019
  4. Syrfnr Win User

How To: Reinstall Video Drivers (Quick Guide)

Hey there. Don't know whether this thread is still active but i have a problem! I did every step and i ended up with a BSOD system service exception error. I'm running windows 7 and i was reinstalling my AMD graphics. Anyone can help me? Please

Syrfnr, Oct 6, 2019
Thema:

1. Reinstalled windows now can't get it activated. - Similar Threads - Reinstalled can't activated

2. Can't get Windows 10 to reinstall

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can't get Windows 10 to reinstall: I have a MSI 73vr Titan that I had to uninstall and reinstall Windows 10. When I tried to select reinstall from cloud I get told that option isn't available and I don't have a local drive to restore from either. The laptop was too unstable to download a local recovery point....
  3. Can't get Windows 10 to reinstall

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Can't get Windows 10 to reinstall: I have a MSI 73vr Titan that I had to uninstall and reinstall Windows 10. When I tried to select reinstall from cloud I get told that option isn't available and I don't have a local drive to restore from either. The laptop was too unstable to download a local recovery point....
  4. Can't get Windows 10 to reinstall

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. Reinstalled Windows 10, but can't activate

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Reinstalled Windows 10, but can't activate: So, my computer started messing up where nothing would open and if it did it would closeout. I also got the "DPC_WATCHDOG VIOLATION" once. Anyway, I was going to find my activation key, but when I would try and find it cmd would lock up. I should have looked up better ways to...
  6. Can't activate window after reinstalling

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Can't activate window after reinstalling: I have a dell xps15 9560 that won't activate after recovering the os. I tried the troubleshooter and get this: "c:\Windows\system32\pkeyhelper.dll is either not designed to run on Windows or it contains errors. Try installing the program, again using the original installation...
  7. Encrypted drive then reinstalled Windows and now can't get in!?!?!?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Encrypted drive then reinstalled Windows and now can't get in!?!?!?: Am I completely screwed here or can we break the encryption? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/encrypted-drive-then-reinstalled-windows-and-now/2b0c724b-21c5-4b3b-ab34-d3e5e26fb687"
  8. Reinstalled Windows 10, but now I can't get Office 2013 to work...

in Microsoft Office and 365
    Reinstalled Windows 10, but now I can't get Office 2013 to work...: In 2014, I got Office 2013 from my university I installed it on a computer, which then ran Windows 8.1. It later was upgraded to Windows 10, and everything ran fine and dandy. For unrelated reasons, I had to reinstall Windows 10. I made sure to uninstall Office 2013 first,...
  9. Can't get Windows repaired or reinstalled

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Can't get Windows repaired or reinstalled: I have a Samsung Laptop, 2.3 dual core with 6 gp RAM. IT started to act very suspect; taking hours to boot up. After running Malwarebytes and the scans from Avast (as well as defrag and cleaning cache with CCLeaner and Glarys) I put in the recovery disc. I tried to restore...
  10. Please help! Activated Linux SubSytem, now can't get windows

in Windows 10 Support
    Please help! Activated Linux SubSytem, now can't get windows: Like the title says, I activated the Linux Subsystem on Windows 10 and when I clicked on Reboot Now, it boots right into grub now as if I installed a copy of linux and the grub bootloader.. I would like NOT to lose all my files, I know I can use a live image to get into...