Windows 10: Reinstalled windows now hdd doesn't detect

Discus and support Reinstalled windows now hdd doesn't detect in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Hello Recently I reinstalled windows 10 with three drives in the tower. Dell XPS. One is a SSD for c partition and two are duplicate 4 TB drives.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by wretchedfred, Apr 8, 2020.

1. Reinstalled windows now hdd doesn't detect

Hello

Recently I reinstalled windows 10 with three drives in the tower. Dell XPS. One is a SSD for c partition and two are duplicate 4 TB drives. After I installed I realized I installed windows on the wrong drive. It installed on one of the 4TB drives. I unplugged the drive and installed windows again on the SSD. I have been running windows and the single 4TB drive for a few months and I am just now getting around to salvaging the drive. I use this drive as a mirror to the other 4tb drive so I don't care about the data on it.

If I plug the 4tb drive in, windows boots on that drive.

If I boot from the SSD and then plug in the 4tb drive via USB instead of internal then I can't detect the drive at all. Not even in disk Manager. Diskpart won't see it either.

I have installed a couple of disk management softwares and they don't detect the drive either.

I used to know all about this stuff but its been a while since I have had to deal with something like this. Can someone please direct me to a fix? I have searched all over and can't seem to find anything. If I can detect this drive I can format it and set it back up to mirror.

Thank you

Dell XPS
    i7 processor
    32gb Ram
    1TB SSD
    two 4TB internal drives
    NVIDIA VGA Card.

:)

wretchedfred, Apr 8, 2020
  2. BetoLP Win User

Windows doesn`t start. Authomatic repair doesn`t work.

Thanks again!!

I`m sorry I had not noticed that the text on the picture was in spanish. It says that windows has replaced some damaged clusters in "name" file and "directory". Then, at the end "an unspecified error occurred (75736e6a726e6c2e 4f6)".

I`ll do it and I`ll be updating this thread when I have the report.

- - - Updated - - -

I ran SeaTools. These are the results:

Reinstalled windows now hdd doesn't detect [​IMG]

Does it mean my HDD is useless?

BetoLP, Apr 8, 2020
  3. eetiz Win User
    activesync doesn`t detect my Tytn II

I tried this but nothing changed.

My system doesn`t detect Tytn II... Either Laptop not Desktop.

I do not know what to do..

eetiz, Apr 8, 2020
  4. BetoLP Win User

Reinstalled windows now hdd doesn't detect

Windows doesn`t start. Authomatic repair doesn`t work.

Thanks for your answer, ken!
    I deleted all my data. I had have it backed up.

I did a clean installation using the windows media creation tool (usb option).

No, I didn`t. I thought a clean installation would solve the problem.

After posting my previous message, I did it.

Reinstalled windows now hdd doesn't detect [​IMG]

After chkdsk, I close cmd and tried to boot and the laptop just turned it off. This morning I`ve restarted it and automatically windows did a repair. Windows has booted and it seems that the repair tool has removed chrome and acrobat pdf reader (the only two programs I had installed after reinstalling windows).

Now Windows is installing updates and restarting my lapop, I`m kind of frightened. I don`t want it to happen again. Anyhow, I want to know what has brought the issue

I`ve been looking for information about the error code at the end of the picture and I didn`t get anywhere.

BetoLP, Apr 8, 2020
Thema:

Reinstalled windows now hdd doesn't detect

1. Reinstalled windows now hdd doesn't detect - Similar Threads - Reinstalled hdd doesn't

2. HDD formatted now can't access anything to reinstall windows

in Windows 10 Gaming
    HDD formatted now can't access anything to reinstall windows: HDD has been formatted on laptop as it was corrupted. When switching on I get "no bootable device"I have a usb with the boot driver on it but it isn't recognised by the laptop. I tried following instructions for changing the boot options in bios but there is no option for USB...
  3. HDD formatted now can't access anything to reinstall windows

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    HDD formatted now can't access anything to reinstall windows: HDD has been formatted on laptop as it was corrupted. When switching on I get "no bootable device"I have a usb with the boot driver on it but it isn't recognised by the laptop. I tried following instructions for changing the boot options in bios but there is no option for USB...
  4. HDD formatted now can't access anything to reinstall windows

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. hdd detected in bios but not in windows

in Windows 10 Gaming
    hdd detected in bios but not in windows: My new HDD 3,5" 2TB hard drive is connected and detected in BIOS. But it doesn't show in OS. I cannot "install" it in computer management. If I use the command panel it doesn't show BUT, but I CAN see the drive in the device manager. From what I can tell there is no need for...
  6. External HDD not detected in Windows

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    External HDD not detected in Windows: In Windows DiskPart say "Status: Invalid". How to fix it without data loss? The same external HDD works fine in Ubuntu but not detected in Windows. I had this HDD in computer and put it out of my computer because i have now only SSD's in computer. 182450
  7. External HDD not detected in Windows

in Windows 10 Support
    External HDD not detected in Windows: In Windows DiskPart say "Status: Invalid". How to fix it without data loss? The same external HDD works fine in Ubuntu but not detected in Windows. I had this HDD in computer and put it out of my computer because i have now only SSD's in computer. 182450
  8. Second disk HDD not detected after reinstalled Windows 10 on SSD

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Second disk HDD not detected after reinstalled Windows 10 on SSD: I have used Windows 10 since I upgraded from Windows 7, but lately I got so many blue screens and restarts, that I today have installed a pure Win 10 20H2 to a new SSD. Fine so far, but the existing second drive, a 1500 GB Seagate Barracuda, is not detected. I went and bought...
  9. Reinstalled windows now hdd doesn't detect

in Windows 10 Support
    Reinstalled windows now hdd doesn't detect: Hello Recently I reinstalled windows 10 with three drives in the tower. Dell XPS. One is a SSD for c partition and two are duplicate 4 TB drives. After I installed I realized I installed windows on the wrong drive. It installed on one of the 4TB drives. I unplugged the...
  10. HDD is detected in BIOS, but not in Windows

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    HDD is detected in BIOS, but not in Windows: The HDD is detected in BIOS as it is showing its serial number, but anything else while booting, it is not detected. I cannot get into Windows as the whole drive (drive C:) is corrupted. So, I am left with WinRE by using a Windows installation disk. I tried every command...