Windows 10: Reinstalled windows- Now seems to have 2 Windows volumes

Discus and support Reinstalled windows- Now seems to have 2 Windows volumes in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I had a major crash that required reinstalling Windows 10. During the install I deleted all partitions and formatted the drive. Everything works, but... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by SJMaye, Dec 27, 2018.

1. SJMaye Win User

Reinstalled windows- Now seems to have 2 Windows volumes

I had a major crash that required reinstalling Windows 10. During the install I deleted all partitions and formatted the drive. Everything works, but now during boot-up it asks which operating system I want to boot to. The image below is from Google, but is what I am seeing. One of these boots and works fine. The other does not work at all. How can I just have it boot automatically to the correct one?

Reinstalled windows- Now seems to have 2 Windows volumes [​IMG]

:)

SJMaye, Dec 27, 2018

2. windows xp installation and dual core am

could someone please list the steps they follow to install windows with a dual core processor and windows xp service pack to. I'm reletively new to amd dual core and i feel i'm missing a step. All help will be appreciated. thanx

exodusprime1337, Dec 27, 2018
  3. jpierce55 Win User
    Reinstall Windows?

You don't need to reinstall windows. Go to the device manager and remove uninstall the processor and motherboard drivers listed. When you start the system back up you should be able to re-install the new ones. I just changed my mobo/processor Friday, everything is fine.

BTW I have seen some reviews that state practically no difference in using more than 2gb of ram.

jpierce55, Dec 27, 2018
  4. Reinstalled windows- Now seems to have 2 Windows volumes

Windows 7 wont install drivers

i dont think anyone here understands what your asking either when its nearly a 90% english dominated Tech forum.
    Step 1
    reinstall windows from scratch
    Step 2
    install all drivers from the cd that came with the god damn motherboard *common sense*
    Step 3
    update windows
    Step 4
    install misc etc crap like flash java etc etc
    Step 5
    Install GPU drivers
    Step 6
    go back to using your pc without issue.

crazyeyesreaper, Dec 27, 2018
Thema:

Reinstalled windows- Now seems to have 2 Windows volumes

1. Reinstalled windows- Now seems to have 2 Windows volumes - Similar Threads - Reinstalled seems volumes

2. I have 2 Windows 11 in one volume...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I have 2 Windows 11 in one volume...: The topic says everything. With this my pc keeps crashing and sometimes I get a blue screen and I think this is the cause. Since both of them are in the same volume I can't delete one, can I? Do I have to format everything and reinstall windows or is there any other reason...
  3. I have 2 Windows 11 in one volume...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I have 2 Windows 11 in one volume...: The topic says everything. With this my pc keeps crashing and sometimes I get a blue screen and I think this is the cause. Since both of them are in the same volume I can't delete one, can I? Do I have to format everything and reinstall windows or is there any other reason...
  4. VOLUME 2

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    VOLUME 2: HiI have 2 window 10 volume 2 boxes when starting my computer for some reason its defaulting to the wrong one that has no APPS and all my saved info?Thank youTIMMY 2 TOES https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/volume-2/8699a80e-d056-45f5-b14f-c650a4578aa7
  5. Windows 10 volume 2

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10 volume 2: Hello, I had a problem with the system and then I choosed to reset and keep my files. When I came to choose the windows version, there were 2 windows 10 volume 2 Whenever I choose one of Them . My laptop restart and then i have to choose the windows again . I tried to reset...
  6. Windows 10 volume 2

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 10 volume 2: Hello, I had a problem with the system and then I choosed to reset and keep my files. When I came to choose the windows version, there were 2 windows 10 volume 2 Whenever I choose one of Them . My laptop restart and then i have to choose the windows again . I tried to reset...
  7. Windows 10 volume 2

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  8. Windows 10 Volume 2 and Volume 6 on startup.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Windows 10 Volume 2 and Volume 6 on startup.: I got a new Drive recently and wiped my old one which I now use as a second drive. I did a fresh install of Windows 10 on my new drive and now I have this issue. Windows 10 Volume 2 boots just fine and windows 10 Volume 6 just gives me a blue screen and will not boot. I have...
  9. Reinstalling Windows (part 2)

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Reinstalling Windows (part 2): The reinstall disk starts installing Windows 10, but keeps crashing midway through. I have a feeling it has to do with the reason I'm reinstalling my Windows, but I'm not sure how to fix it. The reason I'm reinstalling a clean version of Windows is due to random crashing of...
  10. Windows will now mute volume

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Windows will now mute volume: I am currently running windows 10. Whenever I use my keyboard to mute volume, my volume just jumps from whatever the volume is at to 100 and then back when i try to click mute again. the volume indicator jumps to 100 but the volume of sound does not increase or decrease. All...