Windows 10: Reinstalling an upgrade version of 10

Discus and support Reinstalling an upgrade version of 10 in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Windows update sucks thats why i had to try the upgrade from an ISO, which is classed as a clean install, wiping all previous product information.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by GilbertC06, Dec 30, 2015.

1. CountMike New Member

Reinstalling an upgrade version of 10

There is an option to keep your files and settings during the upgrade, if you don't use that option it's clean install.
    Windows 10 - Upgrade Installation - Windows 10 Forums

CountMike, Jan 6, 2016

2. I suspect in the latest build that Microsoft have included a tool that actually uses your valid Windows 7/8 product key to activate Windows 10, rather than having to use the in-place upgrade first, but I can't recommend this to people as I'm not 100% sure on it x)

joedaman633, Jan 6, 2016
  3. I done that from my win10 pro build(pre 1511) i had to disconnect the WLAN to stop the upgrade BSOD .When finished it was un activated tried my legit win8 key no joy. I performed certain measured to activate it and its now working. I have imaged this install on to the secondary SSD i have and made a repair usb

Celticbhoy, Jan 6, 2016
  4. davidhk Win User

Yes. Provided your Win 7 key is genuine and not in use in another computer.

P.S. No offense, but please understand we are all trying to help. If there is a reply you don't understand, by all means, ask the person who posted it. Don't slap the label " spam "on anyone.

davidhk, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

1. Reinstalling an upgrade version of 10 - Similar Threads - Reinstalling upgrade version

2. Upgrade to Version 10

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Upgrade to Version 10: I just upgraded from Windows 8.1 to 10. Installation finished and all the little set-up questions began what region, language, etc.. It then informed me that "we're almost finished!" but needed to do a few more things. Nothing has happened since. The progress bar at the top...
  3. Upgrade to Version 10

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Upgrade to Version 10: I just upgraded from Windows 8.1 to 10. Installation finished and all the little set-up questions began what region, language, etc.. It then informed me that "we're almost finished!" but needed to do a few more things. Nothing has happened since. The progress bar at the top...
  4. Upgrade to Version 10

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. Reinstalling Win 10 - which version?

Reinstalling Win 10 - which version?: I installed Win 10 Pro v.1909 retail direct from Microsoft in April 2020. I've since updated as I've supposed to, so now I'm at the latest version. If I needed to reinstall Win 10 from bare metal, would I download the latest version using the Media Creation Tool, or use my...
  6. Upgrading versions of Windows 10

Upgrading versions of Windows 10: I recently inherited my sisters desktop pc when she passed away. I wanted to make sure all of her personal information was off the pc so I did a windows reset. Now I'm trying to reinstall games and programs that was on the pc and now it tells me that I'm running windows...
  7. WINDOWS 10 Version upgrade

WINDOWS 10 Version upgrade: if I run check for updates in windows 10 will it upgrade from win 10 version 18.03 to 19.03 Please answer for me https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-10-version-upgrade/2d42255f-0fd3-4eed-86e4-ae179fbc3d62
  8. Reinstalling Windows 10 (Upgraded Version)

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Reinstalling Windows 10 (Upgraded Version): I have a PC whose windows installation is now causing a number of issues. I want to do a clean software build. As I upgraded to Windows 10 from 8.1 (which in turn was from 8), can I just install 8 and Windows Upgrade will do the rest? Thanks Phil...
  9. upgrade version windows 10

upgrade version windows 10: hello, how can i make latest upgrade for windows 10 ? i think with use disk or usb https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/upgrade-version-windows-10/19004624-abb3-4fe1-8dd5-c3418b741108
  10. Need to reinstall Windows 10 on a new SSD from upgraded version

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Need to reinstall Windows 10 on a new SSD from upgraded version: I upgraded to Windows 10 from Windows 7 Ultimate that was upgraded from WinXP Pro. My SSD with the OS is glitching and failing. I think it needs to be replaced. This Time I am thinking about a RAID setup with 2 500MB SSD drives. I have ordered two of these disks from...