Windows 10: Reinstalling and Activating Win10 after Wipe

Discus and support Reinstalling and Activating Win10 after Wipe in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Hello, I'd like to kindly ask HOW (if possible with steps) to Reinstall AND Re-activate Windows10 after I have wiped completely (not just format) my... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Leftcj, Jun 14, 2019.

1. Leftcj Win User

Reinstalling and Activating Win10 after Wipe

Hello,

I'd like to kindly ask HOW (if possible with steps) to Reinstall AND Re-activate Windows10 after I have wiped completely (not just format) my PC.

My question is not so much the installing process as to how to get an activated version back again running WHEN my current version is a free upgraded win10 from win7.

IS Windows10 still being distributed for free? And IF NOT how can I get back this free activated licensed back after the wipe?

I appreciate any help given and time spent for a thorough reply.

Thank you in advance!

:)

Leftcj, Jun 14, 2019
  2. wishihad Win User

Activation options for Win10 with instant clones

We have a secure (no internet access) lab environment setup to test and validate a VMWare VDI deployment of Win10 clients.

Our issue is activation of the Win10 clients as they require re-activation every time we logoff and back on because we are using instant clones.

Does anyone have any suggestions on the best way to resolve this? Here are the options we are considering and issues as we understand them:

• Setup a KMS server
      • Requires a Volume license, which is doable
      • Documentation says we must have a minimum of 25 hosts, we don' have that in our lab
    • Use our MSDN account
      • No support for Win10 KMS license
      • No support for MKS activation
    • Manually activate each time
      • Gonna spend a lot of time on the phone Reinstalling and Activating Win10 after Wipe :(
      • Win10 has no grace period so machines are crippled w/o activation
    Anyone have a thought or suggestions? I'm hoping I missed something.

Thanks

wishihad, Jun 14, 2019
  3. Cant activate windows 10 after wipe, key is from windows 8.1 that i upgraded from

Hi Ryan,

To assist you better, we would like to confirm if Windows 10 is activated before you wiped your computer.

Meanwhile, we suggest that you run the Activation troubleshooter. To do this, follow these steps:

• Go to Settings.
    • Select Update & security.
    • On the left pane, choose Activation.
    • Click Troubleshoot.
    Should you need further assistance, feel free to get back to us.

Monica Cam, Jun 14, 2019
  4. Reinstalling and Activating Win10 after Wipe

Win10 wiped my address book!

Title says it all. Upgraded to Win10 on 3 computers; wiped ALL addresses on 2, and 70% on the other. Any suggestions for recovering the addresses?

beckinista[], Jun 14, 2019
Thema:

Reinstalling and Activating Win10 after Wipe

1. Reinstalling and Activating Win10 after Wipe - Similar Threads - Reinstalling Activating Win10

2. Will Windows reinstall after a PC-wipe?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Will Windows reinstall after a PC-wipe?: I'm looking to wipe/ refresh my PC - been experiencing BSOD and some performance issues. I will not be swapping any hardware, just refreshing, but am curious if Windows will reinstall. I checked Settings > Updates & Security, and do see it digitally linked to my account. Can...
  3. Will Windows reinstall after a PC-wipe?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Will Windows reinstall after a PC-wipe?: I'm looking to wipe/ refresh my PC - been experiencing BSOD and some performance issues. I will not be swapping any hardware, just refreshing, but am curious if Windows will reinstall. I checked Settings > Updates & Security, and do see it digitally linked to my account. Can...
  4. Will Windows reinstall after a PC-wipe?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. Reinstall a win10 that uses volume licensing activation?

Reinstall a win10 that uses volume licensing activation?: I dont suppose you can reinstall the OS, and MS just reactivates using your volume licensing server? That PC does show up in my PC list properly in my MS online account. OR will it? 167955
  6. Reinstalling Windows 10 after wiping pc clean

Reinstalling Windows 10 after wiping pc clean: I have a custom built gaming PC and my issue is that the games i am playing keep crashing. Everything is up to date. i went through every drive and updated them. i am thinking of resetting the pc and wiping everything off and starting fresh to clear out what i might have...
  7. How to activate previously purchased Win10 Pro licence after reinstall?

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    How to activate previously purchased Win10 Pro licence after reinstall?: Hello, I have just reinstalled the windows 10 using the Media Creation Tool. The Windows is activated as Win 10 Home, although I would like to upgrade it to Win 10 Pro. Previously it was working like this, I purchased the Win 10 Pro upgrade from the MS Store on 23...
  8. Windows activation after HD wipe

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Windows activation after HD wipe: Hello fellow forum posters, I have a laptop that requires a complete HD wipe. It has a valid, activated version of Windows 10 Home. I'm not sure if there is a way to keep it activated. So I would not have to pay the $60 to re-activate Windows. So, is it possible to do this?...
  9. Reinstalling iTunes After a WIN10 Reinstall

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Reinstalling iTunes After a WIN10 Reinstall: I run WIN10 off an SSD and keep my MP3s and other data on a separate HDD drive. I recently had to do a clean install of WIN10. I backed up my entire iTunes folder to my E:/ HDD drive before the reinstall. I just installed iTunes, and pointed the Music Library to my...
  10. how to reinstall Office 2016 after win10 reinstall?

in Microsoft Office and 365
    how to reinstall Office 2016 after win10 reinstall?: I bought Office 2016 months ago, but due to windows update failure I had to reinstall win10 thereby losing Office 2016. Can someone point me to a contact? I bought Office 2010 online from MS. TIA 49389