Windows 10: Reinstalling and drivers

Discus and support Reinstalling and drivers in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; Hello, so I need to reinstall windows, and I have to do a backup. The thing is that the problem was caused by drivers and driver softwares (asus armory... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/sapnu-pu-as, May 28, 2020.

1. Reinstalling and drivers

Hello, so I need to reinstall windows, and I have to do a backup. The thing is that the problem was caused by drivers and driver softwares (asus armory crate for example) and I dont know if those drivers will be reinstalled with the backup.

Is there a way to use the media recovery tool to reinstall windows while keeping everything except drivers?

Thanks in advance.

submitted by /u/sapnu-pu-as
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/sapnu-pu-as, May 28, 2020

2. How To: Reinstall Video Drivers (Quick Guide)

No sir , do all 4 steps then reboot, then reinstall!

sneekypeet, May 28, 2020
  3. Taskbar bug: switching to another window -will not appear at the front

Follow either of these steps to fix the issue with the Active window hiding behind.

Method 1:
    I suggest you to disable window by hovering over it with the mouse and check if it helps. To do so I suggest you to try the below given steps and check if it helps:

1. Press Windows key + X key and click on Control Panel.
    2. Select or click Ease of Access.
    3. Click or tap onEase of Access Centre.
    4. Click on Make the Mouse Easier to Use was uncheck Activate Window by hovering over it with the mouse.
    5. Check if issue is resolved.
    Method 2:
    I would suggest you to completely uninstall the touchpad driver and reinstall it. Kindly follow the below given steps.

1. Press “Windows key + X” and click on “Device Manager”.
    2. In the list of devices, you should see the touchpad drivers.
    3. Right click on the device and then select "Uninstall".
    4. In the uninstall dialog, make sure you select the option to delete the driver package from the system. This causes the driver package installed earlier to be deleted.
    5. In the Action menu of Device manager, select “Scan for Hardware changes” option. This will cause the device driver to be reinstalled. Once the driver is installed, close all windows and restart the computer.

ChojiTiger, May 28, 2020
  4. Reinstalling and drivers

problem reinstalling the driver or using a different video card.

Hi Shirley,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

I understand that you are trying to project the display and you are trying to reinstall and update the display drivers. We will help you.

I would suggest you to provide some information to help you better.

• Did you make any changes to the PC prior to this issue?

• What is the make and model of your PC?

• Is HI-Beam an application to project the display as mentioned above?
    Let's try the below steps and check if it helps to resolve the issue.

Method 1: I suggest you to update graphics drivers
    following the below steps.

• Press Windows key + X and select Device Manager.
    • Search for Display Adapters and expand it.
    • Right click on the graphics driver and select
      Update driver software.

Method 2: Uninstall and Reinstall the
    graphics card drivers and
    update and check.

Refer:How to install and
    update the drivers

Hope this information was helpful and do let us know if you need further assistance. We will be glad to assist.

Sachin Venkatesh, May 28, 2020
Thema:

Reinstalling and drivers

1. Reinstalling and drivers - Similar Threads - Reinstalling drivers

2. I deleted my bluetooth driver fromdevice manager and can't figure out how to reinstall it.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I deleted my bluetooth driver fromdevice manager and can't figure out how to reinstall it.: I went to turn on my bluetooth on my laptop I have a ROG Zephyrus G14 14" Grey AMD Ryzen 7 5800HS/512GB SSD/16GB RAM/RTX 3050, and the toggle in my settings just disappeared. I restarted my laptop, and it was still missing. I am on windows 11I went into my device manager, and...
  3. I deleted my bluetooth driver fromdevice manager and can't figure out how to reinstall it.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I deleted my bluetooth driver fromdevice manager and can't figure out how to reinstall it.: I went to turn on my bluetooth on my laptop I have a ROG Zephyrus G14 14" Grey AMD Ryzen 7 5800HS/512GB SSD/16GB RAM/RTX 3050, and the toggle in my settings just disappeared. I restarted my laptop, and it was still missing. I am on windows 11I went into my device manager, and...
  4. Windows Update causing my driver to have to be reinstalled upon every restart?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows Update causing my driver to have to be reinstalled upon every restart?: Hello, my graphics driver has been having an issue with needing to be reinstalled after every restart of my laptop. Dell Latitude 3500 I know it's not a driver issue because the same update I have to keep reinstalling worked perfectly fine before a certain Windows Update....
  5. Windows Update causing my driver to have to be reinstalled upon every restart?

Windows Update causing my driver to have to be reinstalled upon every restart?: Hello, my graphics driver has been having an issue with needing to be reinstalled after every restart of my laptop. Dell Latitude 3500 I know it's not a driver issue because the same update I have to keep reinstalling worked perfectly fine before a certain Windows Update....
  6. Windows Update causing my driver to have to be reinstalled upon every restart?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  7. "Your PC can't project to another screen. Try reinstalling the driver or changing the video...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    "Your PC can't project to another screen. Try reinstalling the driver or changing the video...: I can't project my computer Lenovo ThinkPad to a screen as when I press windows+p it says "Your PC can't project to another screen. Try reinstalling the driver or changing the video card." Please help me to fix this as I'm a presenter who needs to use my computer to present!...
  8. "Your PC can't project to another screen. Try reinstalling the driver or changing the video...

"Your PC can't project to another screen. Try reinstalling the driver or changing the video...: I can't project my computer Lenovo ThinkPad to a screen as when I press windows+p it says "Your PC can't project to another screen. Try reinstalling the driver or changing the video card." Please help me to fix this as I'm a presenter who needs to use my computer to present!...
  9. BSOD when deleting files trying to update drivers or freshly reinstall windows + windows...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    BSOD when deleting files trying to update drivers or freshly reinstall windows + windows...: Been using my pc for about 3 months just fine then I installed valorant and the Antichrist started crashing after I had to turn secure boot on to play the game and over time the crashes have gotten worse to the point I can barely use the pc the error codes are “ATTEMPTED...
  10. BSOD when deleting files trying to update drivers or freshly reinstall windows + windows...

BSOD when deleting files trying to update drivers or freshly reinstall windows + windows...: Been using my pc for about 3 months just fine then I installed valorant and the Antichrist started crashing after I had to turn secure boot on to play the game and over time the crashes have gotten worse to the point I can barely use the pc the error codes are “ATTEMPTED...