Windows 10: Reinstalling Bluetooth device

Discus and support Reinstalling Bluetooth device in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I've tried to reinstall bluetooth device by going to device manager and uninstall the bluetooth n then reinstall it but when I restart my my laptop,it... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Nureene Suhaily, Aug 22, 2020.

1. Reinstalling Bluetooth device

I've tried to reinstall bluetooth device by going to device manager and uninstall the bluetooth n then reinstall it but when I restart my my laptop,it didnt automatically reinstall the bluetooth driver. Im using Microsoft Surface Pro

:)

Nureene Suhaily, Aug 22, 2020

2. Bluetooth Devices Automatically Reinstall, and cannot be unpaired

The issue is; when I pair a device with my computer using Bluetooth I am no longer able to unpair, or even uninstall the device, as if i do, somehow windows will just automatically reinstall it even if it's not connected. This means that if i connect the device to something other than my computer, I can no longer re-pair it with my computer as it thinks that the device is still paired.

When I pair the device from the Bluetooth section of control panel, the device will disappear from the control panel Bluetooth menu, and the only way to see that the device is connected is by looking in device manager.
    Here is an image I have found of what the Bluetooth section of the control panel should look like with paired devices:

Reinstalling Bluetooth device [​IMG]

Now here is what mine looks like even though I have a number of devices connected:

Reinstalling Bluetooth device [​IMG]

Here's what I've Tried
    I have removed, and completely uninstalled all Bluetooth devices from the PC using device manager (even the hidden devices), and also uninstalled all Bluetooth applications from the control panel.
    After doing the previous steps, I reconnect the Bluetooth dongle (ASUS BT-400) and install the driver I downloaded from the Asus website. As soon as the driver for the device install, all of the previously paired (since time began) devices will install and windows will think they air all paired (again I can see this though the device manager).

I had this issue when I was on windows 8.1 and I have it again now. I did a clean install of windows 10, and the issue still persists even though I have tried two different Bluetooth adapters (to make sure one wan't faulty). How is Windows storing these devices to re-install even though they're not connected?

CyberPunked, Aug 22, 2020
  3. malware Win User
    Bluetooth Technology Gets Faster With Bluetooth 3.0

From its annual All Hands Meeting in Tokyo this week, the Bluetooth SIG formally adopted Bluetooth Core Specification Version 3.0 + High Speed (HS), or Bluetooth 3.0. This latest iteration of the popular short-range wireless technology fulfills the consumers' need for speed while providing the same wireless Bluetooth experience – faster. Manufacturers of consumer electronics and home entertainment devices can now build their products to send large amounts of video, music and photos between devices wirelessly at speeds consumers expect.
    Bluetooth 3.0 gets its speed from the 802.11 radio protocol. The inclusion of the 802.11 Protocol Adaptation Layer (PAL) provides increased throughput of data transfers at the approximate rate of 24 Mbps. In addition, mobile devices including Bluetooth 3.0 + HS will realize increased power savings due to enhanced power control built in.

"Like Ricky Bobby in Talladega Nights, this latest version was 'born to go fast,' said Mike's Blog, Ph.D., executive director of the Bluetooth SIG. "Utilizing the 802.11 radio was a natural choice as it provides efficiencies for both our members and consumers – members get more function out of the two radios they are already including in devices, and consumers with Bluetooth 3.0 + HS products will get faster exchange of information without changing how they connect. We are excited to expand the possibilities of the PAN."

This newest version of Bluetooth technology builds on the inherent qualities of the current 2.1 + EDR version, including Simple Secure Pairing and built-in, automatic security. And as with all versions of theBluetooth specification, v3.0 + HS provides developers, manufacturers and consumers with the benefit of backwards compatibility, enabling both the expansion and enhancement of this technology with every new specification release. Once products reach the market, the easiest way for consumers to learn which devices are compatible with other Bluetooth enabled devices is to visit the Bluetooth Gadget Guide.

Applications
    With the availability of Bluetooth version 3.0 + HS, consumers can expect to move large data files of videos, music and photos between their own devices and the trusted devices of others, without the need for cables and wires. Some applications consumers will experience include:
    • Wirelessly bulk synchronize music libraries between PC and music player or phone
    • Bulk download photos to a printer or PC
    • Send video files from camera or phone to computer or television
    Availability

The Bluetooth SIG's formal adoption of the specification is only the first step in the product lifecycle. News out today from wireless chip manufacturers and Bluetooth SIG member companies Atheros, Broadcom and CSR shows the second step – getting silicon solutions to device manufacturers – is already underway. End products for consumers are expected to be in the market in 9 to 12 months.

Technical Specifications
    This new specification release includes several major enhancements (learn more here - page requires member login):
    • Generic Alternate MAC/PHY (AMP)
    • 802.11 Protocol Adaptation Layer (PAL)
    • Generic Test Methodology
    • Enhanced Power Control
    • Unicast Connectionless Data
    Source: Engadget

malware, Aug 22, 2020
  4. Reinstalling Bluetooth device

Trouble Connecting To Bluetooth Device

Hello,

Thank you for updating us with the issue.

I would suggest you to uninstall and reinstall the Bluetooth drivers.

Follow these steps to uninstall and reinstall the driver:

Step 1: Steps to uninstall the device:

• Press Windows key
      + R to open Run.

• Type devmgmt.msc and press
      Enter

• Locate Bluetooth Device.

• Right click on the device and select
      Uninstall.

• Also place a check mark beside the option
      “delete driver files for the device”.

• Restart the computer
    Windows should automatically try to find and install the appropriate driver on restart. In case if it fails to install the driver automatically. If that didn’t work try step 2.

Step 2: Update Driver Software from the Manufacturer’s website:

Go to the manufacture website and search for the latest Bluetooth drivers compatible with Windows 10 available for the device model and then install.

Hope the information helps. If you have any queries related to Windows. Feel free to post. We are here to help you.

Ashish Sondhi, Aug 22, 2020
Thema:

Reinstalling Bluetooth device

1. Reinstalling Bluetooth device - Similar Threads - Reinstalling Bluetooth device

2. Bluetooth is unavailable on this device, can't get it reinstalled

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Bluetooth is unavailable on this device, can't get it reinstalled: Like the previously submitted cases, once again my computer isn't allowing Bluetooth. I have attempted a cold reboot twice now, but still Bluetooth is completely unavailable. I have tried uninstalling and then reinstalling Bluetooth, but the driver does not appear in device...
  3. Bluetooth is unavailable on this device, can't get it reinstalled

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Bluetooth is unavailable on this device, can't get it reinstalled: Like the previously submitted cases, once again my computer isn't allowing Bluetooth. I have attempted a cold reboot twice now, but still Bluetooth is completely unavailable. I have tried uninstalling and then reinstalling Bluetooth, but the driver does not appear in device...
  4. Bluetooth is unavailable on this device, can't get it reinstalled

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. reinstalling a Bluetooth device

in Windows 10 Gaming
    reinstalling a Bluetooth device: I was Getting the error message" That didn't work. Adding your device didn't work. First remove it from your PC, and try again" when pairing so I found a tutorial online it said me to uninstall my device from "device and printers" T did it and now it doesn't show up when i...
  6. reinstalling a Bluetooth device

reinstalling a Bluetooth device: I was Getting the error message" That didn't work. Adding your device didn't work. First remove it from your PC, and try again" when pairing so I found a tutorial online it said me to uninstall my device from "device and printers" T did it and now it doesn't show up when i...
  7. Bluetooth reinstall

Bluetooth reinstall: Can someone help me with bluetooth issues? I want to reinstall it, but does not show up in the device manager even when I show hidden devices pls help. When I scan for hardware changes nothing changes. With the services also changing it from manual to automatic doesn't help....
  8. Bluetooth stopped working, attempted reinstalling Intel Bluetooth device driver, Bluetooth...

Bluetooth stopped working, attempted reinstalling Intel Bluetooth device driver, Bluetooth...: Bluetooth suddenly stopped working, and under hidden devices in Device Manager. Went through all the support steps to restart and turn on device to no avail. Finally uninstalled device and re-installed, and rebooted. It still doesn't appear in Device Manager, even as...
  9. reinstall bluetooth

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    reinstall bluetooth: uninstall reinstall bluetooth https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/reinstall-bluetooth/d0b386d5-0752-48fc-9e32-b6ff5d271629
  10. Bluetooth Devices Automatically Reinstall, and cannot be unpaired

Bluetooth Devices Automatically Reinstall, and cannot be unpaired: The issue is; when I pair a device with my computer using Bluetooth I am no longer able to unpair, or even uninstall the device, as if i do, somehow windows will just automatically reinstall it even if it's not connected. This means that if i connect the device to something...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. how to reinstall bluetooth driver microsoft.com