Windows 10: Reinstalling Dual Boot System - Maybe

Discus and support Reinstalling Dual Boot System - Maybe in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; No hurry in answering my questions. I probably won't get to it until late tomorrow . . . that is if I'm not too exhausted from all the stress. *Smile Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Wynona, May 18, 2015.

1. Wynona Win User

Reinstalling Dual Boot System - Maybe

No hurry in answering my questions. I probably won't get to it until late tomorrow . . . that is if I'm not too exhausted from all the stress. *Smile

Wynona, May 18, 2015
  2. Wynona Win User

It's amazing, Edwin, how easy it is once I figured out how to read the 'structions. *Smile

Wynona, May 18, 2015
  3. Charlie Win User
  4. Reinstalling Dual Boot System - Maybe

On a clean install I delete all partitions except my Data partition where my pictures and music etc is. On my laptop it will have the extra EFI partition as it has UEFI BIOS. Windows will just recreate the ones it needs during the install. I do it all from Windows during the install, I just select advanced to get the option to the disk tools and the option to delete partitions. What boot menu you get may depend on what OS you set as default. Example, if you were dual booting with Windows 7 and set it as default, you'd get the older Windows 7 style boot menu. Switch it to Windows 8 and after a reboot it toggles over to the Windows 8 boot menu. I think that's how it went. Haven't dual booted in a long time. Dual booting 8 and 10 you may not even see a difference. It used to be install the oldest OS first, not sure that still applies though.

alphanumeric, May 18, 2015
  5. CountMike New Member
    When you BOOT with Win 8 media you get options to kill or change all the partitions, You can define a partition to W8 and leave the other for Win 10 when you start installing it. Just make sure you install 10 on right partition and go for New Installation and not Upgrade.

CountMike, May 18, 2015
  6. Wynona Win User
    Speaking of which, Rufus does work with Windows 8 on a flash drive? Build it just the same as Windows 10?

I'm about ready to get this ball rolling down the hillside.

Wynona, May 18, 2015
  7. I just do it with Diskpart, works with UEFI and legacy BIOS.

alphanumeric, May 18, 2015
  8. Wynona Win User

WooHoo! Guess what, Guess what!? I finally got rid of Sear.ch!

I uninstalled Firefox, Chrome and Opera, then deleted their folders. Chrome refused to delete, so I won't reinstall that until I'm signed on as Admin. I'm not going to reinstall Opera simply because I don't need it. Reinstalling Firefox went well and Sear.ch is gone. IE got rid of it easily and I don't understand how it happened, but I'll accept it. *Smile

So, tomorrow I'm going to just do a reinstall of Build 10074. I was just too tired to do it today and I'm still tired. These things wear me out anymore. *Sad

BTW, Hubby's cataract surgery went well and he's all ready for bed with his eye patch and a round empty pin cushion taped to his right side to keep him from rolling over to that side.

Wynona, May 19, 2015
  9. BunnyJ New Member
    Glad to hear your hubby surgery went well.. hope he gets well soon.
    Jeff

BunnyJ, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

1. Reinstalling Dual Boot System - Maybe - Similar Threads - Reinstalling Dual Boot

2. What's the Best Way to Reinstall W10 on a dual-boot system?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    What's the Best Way to Reinstall W10 on a dual-boot system?: Hi Your advice please: I currently have a dual-boot system, and its HDD has 2 partitions, which are: GUIP/GPT one for W7 & the other for W10.The HDD is running hot, so I've decided to replace the W10 OS and put it onto a new SSD.And for now, I’ll leave W7 on the HDD, but I...
  3. Dual boot: Problem reinstalling W10

Dual boot: Problem reinstalling W10: I can see there are many posts here about dual boot systems and various problems that can come up. I haven't been able to find info that seems to fit my particular problem, so I'm posting my question: I need to reinstall W10 on my dual boot W10/W7 desktop because of problems....
  4. Recover/reset/reinstall windows from Ubuntu dual boot system

Recover/reset/reinstall windows from Ubuntu dual boot system: Hi Somehow the windows is not starting. Always taking to the recovery options. I am on a dual booted system with Linux Ubutnu20.04. Please tell me how can I get the windows back without using any bootable USB. Because I tried and the USB got corrupted....
  5. reinstall win 10 dual boot system

reinstall win 10 dual boot system: I need to reinstall win 10 without deleting Ubuntu OS I do not know how to tell windows to overwrite only old win 10 partition and not entire hd Thank You 171641
  6. Macrium and dual boot system.

in Windows 10 Backup and Restore
    Macrium and dual boot system.: Have been using Macrium for some time without problems, to backup Windows. Now I would like to know if it will backup a dual boot system, specifically Windows 1909 and Ubuntu 20.04. Has anyone had issues doing this? Gort 160483
  7. Macrium and dual boot system.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Macrium and dual boot system.: Have been using Macrium for some time without problems, to backup Windows. Now I would like to know if it will backup a dual boot system, specifically Windows 1909 and Ubuntu 20.04. Has anyone had issues doing this? Gort 160483
  8. Reinstalling windows from a dual booted system?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Reinstalling windows from a dual booted system?: There is a button in windows settings that allows you to reset your windows? Will this affect my ubuntu partion in any way?? submitted by /u/Nicknotname2 [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/hl63ed/reinstalling_windows_from_a_dual_booted_system/
  9. Dual boot system

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Dual boot system: I am trying to set up a dual boot system with windows 7 and win10 each on different hard drives I am trying to help a freidn who has accounting software her computer is running windows7(OEM), intel,I5 3rd or 4th gen(3XXX), 8gb memory, and 500gb hard drive. the computer is...
  10. Dual booting and system imaging

Dual booting and system imaging: Hey. So i currently have Windows 10 pro on my wd blue nvme 256gb and i have 500gb ssd for storing my games. I will get a another 500gb ssd for other media like videos and photos. I would like to get into video editing and that leads me to "how to do this". I want to dual...