Windows 10: Reinstalling Goodix DEVICE on Inspiron 7586 2 in 1 Laptop

Discus and support Reinstalling Goodix DEVICE on Inspiron 7586 2 in 1 Laptop in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I recently had problems with my fingerprint scanner and tried everything but nothing worked, I tried updating the drivers, updating my pc, and even... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by SoapLegends9872, Jul 29, 2019.

1. Reinstalling Goodix DEVICE on Inspiron 7586 2 in 1 Laptop

I recently had problems with my fingerprint scanner and tried everything but nothing worked, I tried updating the drivers, updating my pc, and even disabling and re-enabling but nothing worked, so I tried uninstalling and reinstalling which I noticed I couldn't find anything on reinstalling the device.

What I'm asking is that I can't find anything on reinstalling the Goodix Device onto my laptop

:)

SoapLegends9872, Jul 29, 2019
  2. jfkjax Win User

Win10 laptop w/laptop display (no others) labeled 2, can't change to 1

alphanumeric and Helmut, Thank you for your replies.

1. The drivers were installed when Windows 10 was installed. There was nothing on the laptop prior to installing Windows 10.
    2. I don't have another display to try attaching as suggested.
    3. Not sure if it's always been like this or not. I just started looking at the configuration settings a week or so ago.
    4. To check hardware status, I've run a bunch of Lenovo tests and update checks. Nothing found.
    5. I did the Device Manager suggestion. 2 PnP monitors listed ... clicked "Show Hidden devices" ... found 2 more PnP monitors for a total of 4 ... uninstalled all 4 ... restarted ... same situation. Results: Device Manager now only lists 2 PnP monitors total (no hidden monitors) even though the only monitor is the laptop built-in monitor, but no change on the designation of laptop monitor being number "2" monitor.

Thanks for your help and suggestions. Not sure why it is like this. Might be something like Win10 compatibility, old hardware, or similar.

I've taken enough of your time on this. I can live with it as it is. Might decide to upgrade to a new and current laptop, or just proceed as is. Anyway, your responses are greatly appreciated!

jfkjax, Jul 29, 2019
  3. Taskbar bug: switching to another window -will not appear at the front

Follow either of these steps to fix the issue with the Active window hiding behind.

Method 1:
    I suggest you to disable window by hovering over it with the mouse and check if it helps. To do so I suggest you to try the below given steps and check if it helps:

1. Press Windows key + X key and click on Control Panel.
    2. Select or click Ease of Access.
    3. Click or tap onEase of Access Centre.
    4. Click on Make the Mouse Easier to Use was uncheck Activate Window by hovering over it with the mouse.
    5. Check if issue is resolved.
    Method 2:
    I would suggest you to completely uninstall the touchpad driver and reinstall it. Kindly follow the below given steps.

1. Press “Windows key + X” and click on “Device Manager”.
    2. In the list of devices, you should see the touchpad drivers.
    3. Right click on the device and then select "Uninstall".
    4. In the uninstall dialog, make sure you select the option to delete the driver package from the system. This causes the driver package installed earlier to be deleted.
    5. In the Action menu of Device manager, select “Scan for Hardware changes” option. This will cause the device driver to be reinstalled. Once the driver is installed, close all windows and restart the computer.

ChojiTiger, Jul 29, 2019
  4. csatennis Win User

Reinstalling Goodix DEVICE on Inspiron 7586 2 in 1 Laptop

Taskbar bug: switching to another window -will not appear at the front

I have been trying to fix this for months. Your solution Method 1 seemed to work. THANK YOU!!!!

csatennis, Jul 29, 2019
Thema:

Reinstalling Goodix DEVICE on Inspiron 7586 2 in 1 Laptop

1. Reinstalling Goodix DEVICE on Inspiron 7586 2 in 1 Laptop - Similar Threads - Reinstalling Goodix DEVICE

2. Inspiron 7386 2-in-1 Laptop Crashes when Charging W10

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Inspiron 7386 2-in-1 Laptop Crashes when Charging W10: Hello everyone,I have a Dell Inspiron 7386 2-in-1 laptop, and the laptop crashes without BSOD whenever it is plugged into the charger. Whether it be the AC adapter or the docking station plugged into the USBC port that also delivers power.All drivers and software is up to...
  3. Inspiron 7386 2-in-1 Laptop Crashes when Charging W10

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Inspiron 7386 2-in-1 Laptop Crashes when Charging W10: Hello everyone,I have a Dell Inspiron 7386 2-in-1 laptop, and the laptop crashes without BSOD whenever it is plugged into the charger. Whether it be the AC adapter or the docking station plugged into the USBC port that also delivers power.All drivers and software is up to...
  4. Inspiron 7386 2-in-1 Laptop Crashes when Charging W10

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. My Laptop Dell 2 in 1, inspiron 13 5378 is not working

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My Laptop Dell 2 in 1, inspiron 13 5378 is not working: After I put my password, the desktop wallpaper can't be displayed, it's just black, touch pad pointer is active. Only one software called, 'system advance care' shows a boot period notification and when I try to access its settings or click optimize button on it, it doesn't...
  6. My Laptop Dell 2 in 1, inspiron 13 5378 is not working

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    My Laptop Dell 2 in 1, inspiron 13 5378 is not working: After I put my password, the desktop wallpaper can't be displayed, it's just black, touch pad pointer is active. Only one software called, 'system advance care' shows a boot period notification and when I try to access its settings or click optimize button on it, it doesn't...
  7. My Laptop Dell 2 in 1, inspiron 13 5378 is not working

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  8. 2021-04 Cumulative Update [KB5001330] fails to install on Dell Inspiron 2-in-1 7586

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    2021-04 Cumulative Update [KB5001330] fails to install on Dell Inspiron 2-in-1 7586: Hello, Tech Advisors I have an issue with the particular update mentioned above. The update downloaded normally, but installation was a bit odd. It jumps from 20 to 45, and then to 73, 74, before reaching 100 and giving me an error. There were some problems installing...
  9. Connect 2 windows device; 1 laptop and 1 tablet

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Connect 2 windows device; 1 laptop and 1 tablet: Hey there, this is my first time posting. Currently i have 2 windows device, a tablet and a laptop. The tablet is wacom enabled. So my question is, can i somehow connect the two device so the tablet acts like a wacom cintiq/one to the laptop? Thanks in advanced :)...
  10. Dell Inspiron 2-1 laptop will not open any applications

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Dell Inspiron 2-1 laptop will not open any applications: This is a 15 inch laptop made in 2016, now using Windows 10, Intel Core i5, 7th gen. It's not been used much. The battery is fully charged. Today, the computer would turn on and allow me to sign in, but none of the icons on the next or main screen will open, not even the...