Windows 10: Reinstalling Headphones

Discus and support Reinstalling Headphones in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I accidentally uninstalled my SkullCandy headphones when trying to find out why they weren't working properly. How do I reinstall them? And why did... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by RemRem117, Dec 10, 2019.

1. RemRem117 Win User

Reinstalling Headphones

I accidentally uninstalled my SkullCandy headphones when trying to find out why they weren't working properly. How do I reinstall them? And why did they stop working properly after I installed Windows 10 on my computer?
    Thank you!

:)

RemRem117, Dec 10, 2019

2. [WTB][EU]   Beginner audiophile headphones

i would also recommend looking at the Audio Technica m50s if this is your first step into audiophile headphones.

most of the cans you listed will also need an amp to push them.

THRiLL KiLL, Dec 10, 2019
  3. caperjack Win User
    bluetooth headphones

setting up win10 Bluetooth and my Bluetooth headphones work fine ,but every time I reconnect the headphones I have to delete them from Bluetooth settings and let win10 pickup the headphones again ,before they will pair ,then win10 want to reboot to add the headphones ,I reboot and they work fine ,but next time I plug the headphone in again they will not pair ,don't even get an option to pair till I delete the head phones from the list ,, any suggestions ,, thank

caperjack, Dec 10, 2019
  4. Reinstalling Headphones

Headphone Connection

Hello,

Thank you for your interest in Windows 10!

I understand that the headphones are not working when you connect then through the jack on your Windows 10 operating system. I will certainly help you with the query. I would appreciate if you could help us with more information

• Have you checked plugging the headphone to a different jack on the same computer?

• Have you checked if any other sound device work fine when plugged to the problematic jack?

This issue might be occurring due to incompatible drivers or broken jack. There might be a possibility that the headphone is not compatible with windows 10 operating system. Hence I would suggest you to follow the below mentioned
    steps and check if that helps.

Method 1:
    Hardware and devices troubleshooter

The built-in hardware and devices troubleshooter can automatically detect and fix most of the incorrect settings and errors that could cause issues with hardware. I would suggest you to run this troubleshooter to check if there is any issue with
    the display adapter. Refer top these steps:

• Open Control Panel
    • Click on Troubleshooting and select the view all option on the left pane.
    • Click on Hardware and devices troubleshooter and follow the prompts.

Try method 2, if the issue persist

Method 2: If the Hardware and Devices troubleshooter do not fix
    the issue then I would suggest you to uninstall the drivers and reboot the computer to get the updated drivers installed for the headphone. Please follow below mentioned steps:

• Open Control Panel
    • Click on Device Manager and select the audio input and output drivers
    • Right click on driver that appears after plugging the headphone and click on uninstall
    • After uninstalling, unplug the headphone and restart the computer
    • Plugging the headphone again and the computer will detect the updates drivers automatically.

Now check if the headphones work on the computer or not.

Hope this information is helpful. Please write back to us if you need any further assistance, we'll be glad to assist you.

Neha.Gupta, Dec 10, 2019
Thema:

Reinstalling Headphones

1. Reinstalling Headphones - Similar Threads - Reinstalling Headphones

2. Headphones not detected after reinstalling Realtek driver

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Headphones not detected after reinstalling Realtek driver: Hi all,So today I was trying to find the Realtek Audio Manager and I couldn't find it in my program files. One of the steps I researched to troubleshoot this required me to download the driver from the realtek website and run the installer. The installer uninstalled the...
  3. Headphones not detected after reinstalling Realtek driver

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Headphones not detected after reinstalling Realtek driver: Hi all,So today I was trying to find the Realtek Audio Manager and I couldn't find it in my program files. One of the steps I researched to troubleshoot this required me to download the driver from the realtek website and run the installer. The installer uninstalled the...
  4. Headphones not detected after reinstalling Realtek driver

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Headphones w/ mic not working with Windows 10 following reinstall of OS.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Headphones w/ mic not working with Windows 10 following reinstall of OS.: For specifics, I'm using a LVLUP LU732N set of headphones on Windows 10. I've used these headphones on another computer with the same os and the same computer I'm currently having trouble with prior to a reset and reinstall of Windows 10. However, for a reason I'm not all too...
  6. Headphones w/ mic not working with Windows 10 following reinstall of OS.

Headphones w/ mic not working with Windows 10 following reinstall of OS.: For specifics, I'm using a LVLUP LU732N set of headphones on Windows 10. I've used these headphones on another computer with the same os and the same computer I'm currently having trouble with prior to a reset and reinstall of Windows 10. However, for a reason I'm not all too...
  7. Headphones w/ mic not working with Windows 10 following reinstall of OS.

8. Hello i have jbl 100 headphones and I reinstalled windows and now the jack mic option in...

Hello i have jbl 100 headphones and I reinstalled windows and now the jack mic option in...: I have tried a lot of things and could not find anything for this and idk if i need more drivers I don't know. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/hello-i-have-jbl-100-headphones-and-i-reinstalled/44634966-6027-4be4-9544-ce93f7809c8f
  9. Hello i have jbl 100 headphones and I reinstalled windows and now the jack mic option in...

Hello i have jbl 100 headphones and I reinstalled windows and now the jack mic option in...: I have tried a lot of things and could not find anything for this and idk if i need more drivers I don't know. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/hello-i-have-jbl-100-headphones-and-i-reinstalled/44634966-6027-4be4-9544-ce93f7809c8f
  10. Hello i have jbl 100 headphones and I reinstalled windows and now the jack mic option in...

in Windows 10 Gaming