Windows 10: Reinstalling my printer to Windows 10 Home PC after the May 2021 update totally disabled my...

Discus and support Reinstalling my printer to Windows 10 Home PC after the May 2021 update totally disabled my... in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; I'm still to trying fix things on my computer since I installed the May 2021 Windows Update. I'm trying to reinstall my Canon MP250 printer. I don't... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by Ruth 53, Aug 24, 2021.

1. Ruth 53 Win User

Reinstalling my printer to Windows 10 Home PC after the May 2021 update totally disabled my...

I'm still to trying fix things on my computer since I installed the May 2021 Windows Update. I'm trying to reinstall my Canon MP250 printer. I don't know if the 3 things that Microsoft added to the Printer Devices, Microsoft to print PDF, Microsoft XPS Document Writer, or whatever One Note might need. My Cannon printer can do all that and more. Why does Microsoft think we have to purchase extra equipment just make them happy. Maybe Microsoft needs to BACK OFF. We should be able to choose our own printers. Is Microsoft starting to make printers? Why can't Microsoft just let us use ou

:)

Ruth 53, Aug 24, 2021

2. Windows 10 update cause printer problem with: "Printer not activated - Error - 20"

Hi John,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community, we appreciate your interest in Windows 10.

I understand your concern about accessing the printer after the Windows Update, we will help you with this issue.

Do let us know the following:

• What is the make and model of your device?
    • How is the printer connected to the computer, locally or through network?
    • Have you tried any troubleshooting steps to resolve this issue?

I suggest you to try the below and check if it helps.

Step 1: I suggest you to update the drivers for printer and check.

• Right click on the Start button from the desktop and select
      Device Manager.

• Locate and expand Print queue.

• Right-click on the printer driver
      that is listed and click Update driver software.

Step 2: I suggest you to run the printer troubleshooter from
    Fix printer problems
    and then check if this fixes the issue.

Hope it helps. Reply to the post with an updated status of this issue and required information, we will be happy to help you further.

Deepika Gowda, Aug 24, 2021
  3. MrGenius Win User
    [Solved] Windows 10 keeps reinstalling KB3119142

I noticed quite some time ago that KB3119142 (Update for Microsoft Visual C++ 2012 Update 4 Redistributable Package) kept reinstalling itself for some reason. At least once daily. Sometimes up to several times a day. I just ignored it. It didn't seem to be doing any harm. And I figured they'd eventually fix it. Well...days turned into weeks, weeks into months, with no end to the problem in sight. It dragged on unsolved for at least the last few months. Literally reinstalling itself hundreds of(at least a hundred, felt like more) times in that period of time.

So I finally googled it a couple days ago. And just got around to fixing it today. Which appears to have worked. And it couldn't have been easier to do. I feel so stupid to have let it intimidate me for so long.*Oops! Reinstalling my printer to Windows 10 Home PC after the May 2021 update totally disabled my... :oops:
    Below are links to the thread that I got the fix idea from, and the official MS support info page for KB3119142(from which I quoted the above).
    http://www.tenforums.com/windows-up...-windows-10-keeps-reinstalling-kb3119142.html
    https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/kb/3119142

MrGenius, Aug 24, 2021
  4. puma99dk| Win User

Reinstalling my printer to Windows 10 Home PC after the May 2021 update totally disabled my...

Reinstalling Windows 10 to sell a PC - is the 'Remove everything' option enough?

Restore factory settings do list Removes your personal files, apps and settings, and reinstalls the version of Windows that came on this PC.

So if this isn't true well than just erase the drive and install a clean Windows 10 with all the drivers u need but why should it be true
    @FordGT90Concept ? *Laugh :laugh:

puma99dk|, Aug 24, 2021
Thema:

1. Reinstalling my printer to Windows 10 Home PC after the May 2021 update totally disabled my... - Similar Threads - Reinstalling printer Home

2. Window 10 update May 2021

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Window 10 update May 2021: I have a problem with my window 10 update. I doing update with window 10 update assistant. While doing update, in first restart my laptop screen stucked at loader page without preloader....
  3. Window 10 update May 2021

in Windows 10 Customization
    Window 10 update May 2021: I have a problem with my window 10 update. I doing update with window 10 update assistant. While doing update, in first restart my laptop screen stucked at loader page without preloader....
  4. Problems after the May 2021 Windows Update

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Problems after the May 2021 Windows Update: How do I reinstall a game downloaded from the Microsoft Store without losing my standings, levels, or points? When I try to open the game, I get a dark screen with the words "Click for Exit" in the top left side of the screen. Then it looks like the game is loading, but when...
  5. Windows 10 May 2021 update stalled

Windows 10 May 2021 update stalled: Windows 10 upgrade assistant has been stalled at 99% for hours for the May, 2021 update. Tried copying and pasting the media folder as suggested by Microsoft but it got to 99 percent and advised that there was something open. I believe the only thing I have open is the update...
  6. Windows 10 May 2021 Update

Windows 10 May 2021 Update: Another update, and since this is a personal PC, i won't use whatever they're yapping about. If i ever do have a business PC it never have any games or social media programs on it. And it be set on it own dedicated internet and not a shared one.Windows Hello multicamera...
  7. Windows-10 does not boot after May, 2021 Update

Windows-10 does not boot after May, 2021 Update: Have a computer with Windows-10 and Linux installed. Using Grub to boot, Windows was the default. After the update apparently failed neither Windows nor Linux will boot. Booted from GParted but it shows just ntfs partitions + 1 unallocated partition of 135 GB which may have...
  8. Unable to boot after Window-10 May, 2021 Update

Unable to boot after Window-10 May, 2021 Update: Have a duel boot system w/ Windows-10, 64-bit & XUbuntu Linux. Use Grub which is set to boot Windows by default. Possibly my system used the older MBR method of booting. After the Windows update or during it,my system would no longer boot. Also it seems Wi does update erased...
  9. Windows 10: 21H1 / May 2021 Update

Windows 10: 21H1 / May 2021 Update: To,Microsoft CommunityDear Sir, This is Gavin. I heard that today i.e. 11 May, 2021 Microsoft was going to launch New Version of Windows 10: 21H1 / May 2021 Update. I checked Microsoft Website https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/software-download/windows10 its still showing...
  10. Windows 10, version 20H2 update - totally disabled my networking on 4 PC's

Windows 10, version 20H2 update - totally disabled my networking on 4 PC's: I updated 4 PC's over the weekends to Windows 10, version 20H2. Prior to updating all networking worked perfectly. After updating, the 4 computers were visible, but not accessible. The networking troubleshooter was unable to solve the problem. I then rolled all 4 computers...