Windows 10: Reinstalling my windows 10 that was upgraded free from windows 7

Discus and support Reinstalling my windows 10 that was upgraded free from windows 7 in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Dear All could you please help me to reinstall windows 10 after a computer crash, this was a free update from windows 7 many years ago, I have had to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by WayneGeary, Nov 8, 2020.

1. Reinstalling my windows 10 that was upgraded free from windows 7

Dear All

could you please help me to reinstall windows 10 after a computer crash, this was a free update from windows 7 many years ago, I have had to go bake and install my windows 7 disc but can find no way to reinstall windows 10 without being asked for a product key, can you help pleease

:)

WayneGeary, Nov 8, 2020

2. How to reinstall Windows 10 if my computers used the free upgrade from 7 and 8?

Will windows 10 still accept the license keys from 7 and 8 now if I reinstall my computer?

Does Microsoft keep a list of users who upgraded to Win 10 using their 7 and 8 keys so that when users need to reinstall windows 10 the old keys would work?

Do I need to call in Microsoft to ask them to activate my Windows 10 when I give them my win 7 keys?

Both computers are laptops. The windows 7 machine had the serial printed on the back, and I needed to enter that when I upgraded to 10. The windows 8 machine had the serial built in inside its boot system so I didn't need to enter the key when I upgraded to 10, but I did manage to write down the keys using a fetcher program.

JebusPrime, Nov 8, 2020
  3. pigulici Win User
    How to reinstall Windows 10 if my computers used the free upgrade from 7 and 8?

Yes, still work, no need to call, just be sure to have internet access when you start to install 10, I work at pc shop and did this few days ago, used a key of 7 to put clean 10(wasn't used for upgrade).

pigulici, Nov 8, 2020
  4. Reinstalling my windows 10 that was upgraded free from windows 7

How to reinstall Windows 10 if my computers used the free upgrade from 7 and 8?

Your ild keys should work but if you registered the key to your online ms persona (email address) it should be tied to your account , install without a key login with your credentials , then activate.

theoneandonlymrk, Nov 8, 2020
Thema:

Reinstalling my windows 10 that was upgraded free from windows 7

1. Reinstalling my windows 10 that was upgraded free from windows 7 - Similar Threads - Reinstalling was upgraded

2. free upgrade from windows 7?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    free upgrade from windows 7?: I'm hoping to upgrade my desktop from windows 7 to a more current supported version of windows; hopefully for free. Does anyone have any suggestions? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/free-upgrade-from-windows-7/38366330-9fe7-4f3f-ba35-e0ed514290d3
  3. free upgrade from windows 7?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    free upgrade from windows 7?: I'm hoping to upgrade my desktop from windows 7 to a more current supported version of windows; hopefully for free. Does anyone have any suggestions? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/free-upgrade-from-windows-7/38366330-9fe7-4f3f-ba35-e0ed514290d3
  4. Free upgrade from windows 7 to windows 10 Stuck

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Free upgrade from windows 7 to windows 10 Stuck: 1. First issue erorr code 0xC1900101-0x40021, after reversal to windows 7 screen freeze Working on Updates 85% Please help https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/free-upgrade-from-windows-7-to-windows-10-stuck/b41aa4f3-37b7-4145-b48d-f1efe138fe4a
  5. Is the upgrade from windows 7 to 10 free?

Is the upgrade from windows 7 to 10 free?: cost to upgrade from windows 7 to 10 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/is-the-upgrade-from-windows-7-to-10-free/10095da6-8608-40a5-8858-8be24889f16e
  6. Free upgrade from Windows 7 to Windows 10

Free upgrade from Windows 7 to Windows 10: Dear colleagues. As a new registrant to this forum, may I say thank you for having me. I have a query, being an owner of an old Dell Laptop E6410 that has had Windows 7 installed from new, but, nevertheless, served me well and continues to do so. In view of the imminent...
  7. re: free upgrade from Windows 7 to windows 10

re: free upgrade from Windows 7 to windows 10: Please can anyone advise me , a single home user of a Dell Laptop that has had Windows 7 installed from new. As we know Windows 7 is coming to an end. I have seen and downloaded the free media Creation Tool 1909 . It appears to allow installation of a free installation of...
  8. FREE WINDOWS 10 UPGRADE FROM 7 FOR DISABLED

FREE WINDOWS 10 UPGRADE FROM 7 FOR DISABLED: HELP, DISABLED. NO MONEY TOUPGRADE MY WINDOWS 7 TO 10. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/free-windows-10-upgrade-from-7-for-disabled/b89bb045-21d2-4ba6-a8ba-c864e628adce
  9. Windows 10 Free upgrade, Now reinstalling with Windows 7 Activation key

Windows 10 Free upgrade, Now reinstalling with Windows 7 Activation key: I bought windows 7, years ago and upgraded FOR FREE to windows 10 now. I need to reinstall windows on a new SSD and transfer everything over BUT I will only do a clean install no exceptions. So will my activation code still work for windows 10 I download it?...
  10. Upgrade to Windows 10 from Windows 7 for Free

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Upgrade to Windows 10 from Windows 7 for Free: How to: Upgrade to Windows 10 from Windows 7 for Free How to Upgrade to Windows 10 from Windows 7 for Free After 10 years, support for Windows 7 is coming to an end on January 14, 2020. When Windows 7 reaches end of support on January 14, 2020, your computer will still...