Windows 10: Reinstalling OneDrive

Discus and support Reinstalling OneDrive in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Have experienced a syncing problem so tried to reinstall OneDrive but got error code 0x80040c82, retried a few times but with the same message - any... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by CaroleBolton, Jun 12, 2019.

1. Reinstalling OneDrive

Have experienced a syncing problem so tried to reinstall OneDrive but got error code 0x80040c82, retried a few times but with the same message - any advice?

:)

CaroleBolton, Jun 12, 2019

2. REINSTALL ONEDRIVE

Try these steps out and let me know how it goes:

• Right-click Start button, choose Run
    • Type appwiz.cpl and click OK
    • Find "Microsoft OneDrive" in the list and uninstall it
    • Restart your computer
    • Go to the
      OneDrive Download Page here
      and click the "need to reinstall?" link on the page to get the new installer
    • Let me know if the installer has any trouble this time

Shawn 'Cmdr' Keene [MVP], Jun 12, 2019
  3. Windows 10 - OneDrive

Right click on the app and one of the properties has an option to not automatically start it. Uncheck, restart the computer, and it should stop. If you want to go another step further, find the OneDrive app in the start menu, right click on it and uninstall.

If that is still insufficient, there is a batch uninstaller for OneDrive available online. I can copy the code here if you need it.

FordGT90Concept, Jun 12, 2019
  4. Reinstalling OneDrive

OneDrive

I am using a Samsung i5 laptop with Windows 10 fully updated. My problem is:-

• Firstly the OneDrive Icon is not showing on my taskbar - I have tried all the solutions given on your site
    • Secondly, obviously, my OneDrive is not syncing because it appears not to be running
    • I cannot uninstall the version of OneDrive on my PC, which means I cannot do a fresh reinstall
    Any help or suggestions, please?

Dave

DavidMcFarlane1, Jun 12, 2019
Thema:

Reinstalling OneDrive

1. Reinstalling OneDrive - Similar Threads - Reinstalling OneDrive

2. Can't reinstall OneDrive after uninstall

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can't reinstall OneDrive after uninstall: File Explorer keeps freezing when trying to open a Word files stored on Sharepoint/OneDrive.I uninstalled OneDrive hoping to reinstall.Now OneDrive will not reinstall.And Chrome won't work.Windows Update shows that the computer is up to date.64-bit operating systemEdition...
  3. Can't reinstall OneDrive after uninstall

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Can't reinstall OneDrive after uninstall: File Explorer keeps freezing when trying to open a Word files stored on Sharepoint/OneDrive.I uninstalled OneDrive hoping to reinstall.Now OneDrive will not reinstall.And Chrome won't work.Windows Update shows that the computer is up to date.64-bit operating systemEdition...
  4. I deliberately uninstalled OneDrive and now I keep getting a message to reinstall it. This...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I deliberately uninstalled OneDrive and now I keep getting a message to reinstall it. This...: I deliberately uninstalled OneDrive and now I keep getting a message to reinstall it. This message cannot be closed as there is no X in the corner and Ican't seem to get it off my screen....
  5. I deliberately uninstalled OneDrive and now I keep getting a message to reinstall it. This...

I deliberately uninstalled OneDrive and now I keep getting a message to reinstall it. This...: I deliberately uninstalled OneDrive and now I keep getting a message to reinstall it. This message cannot be closed as there is no X in the corner and Ican't seem to get it off my screen....
  6. OneDrive installation is corrupted and can't be uninstalled or reinstalled.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    OneDrive installation is corrupted and can't be uninstalled or reinstalled.: Hi,I have OneDrive installed, and somehow the installation got corrupted. It will only show the tray icon and when clicking it, it's just white and I can't do anything.So I thought I just reinstall OneDrive. But when trying to uninstall via Apps, I get the message:...
  7. OneDrive installation is corrupted and can't be uninstalled or reinstalled.

OneDrive installation is corrupted and can't be uninstalled or reinstalled.: Hi,I have OneDrive installed, and somehow the installation got corrupted. It will only show the tray icon and when clicking it, it's just white and I can't do anything.So I thought I just reinstall OneDrive. But when trying to uninstall via Apps, I get the message:...
  8. how to make onedrive never ever reinstall a folder a piece of logic or any bleeping thing...

how to make onedrive never ever reinstall a folder a piece of logic or any bleeping thing...: I cant tell you how tired of dealing with this i am. it is literally a deal breakre for me. this is truly unfathomable that this is even legal. So i have gone through every tutorial ever on removing onedrive. ive installed a brand new copy of windows with my computer unhooked...
  9. how to make onedrive never ever reinstall a folder a piece of logic or any bleeping thing...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    how to make onedrive never ever reinstall a folder a piece of logic or any bleeping thing...: I cant tell you how tired of dealing with this i am. it is literally a deal breakre for me. this is truly unfathomable that this is even legal. So i have gone through every tutorial ever on removing onedrive. ive installed a brand new copy of windows with my computer unhooked...
  10. OneDrive phone app uninstall/reinstall clarification question

OneDrive phone app uninstall/reinstall clarification question: First I apologize for this not being in the right thread. But I’m not sure where it should actually be located since it’s a Microsoft app. I use a phone not a PC with my OneDrive app. I accidentally deleted my OneDrive, can I reinstall and still have all my files since it’s...