Windows 10: Reinstalling onto a different drive

Discus and support Reinstalling onto a different drive in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; Soon i plan to get a new m.2 ssd, as my current hdd is slow, and starting to fail. I plan to reinstall windows onto my new ssd, but my question is,... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by FlameFern, Nov 27, 2021.

1. FlameFern Win User

Reinstalling onto a different drive

Soon i plan to get a new m.2 ssd, as my current hdd is slow, and starting to fail. I plan to reinstall windows onto my new ssd, but my question is, will be able to transfer my old data from my hdd to the new drive during reinstallation, since i know that is something you can do when reinstalling to the drive the data is on, but i dont know if you can do that when reinstalling to a new drive.

:)

FlameFern, Nov 27, 2021
Thema:

Reinstalling onto a different drive

1. Reinstalling onto a different drive - Similar Threads - Reinstalling onto different

2. Reinstall Windows on a different drive on laptop with 2 drives

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Reinstall Windows on a different drive on laptop with 2 drives: I have a laptop with 2 drives an HDD and an SSD that didn't come with an OS. When I first installed Windows, I installed it on the HDD drive. Now I want to change it to the SSD. However, when I try to reinstall windows, the installer tells me that windows wasn't installed in...
  3. Reinstall Windows on a different drive on laptop with 2 drives

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Reinstall Windows on a different drive on laptop with 2 drives: I have a laptop with 2 drives an HDD and an SSD that didn't come with an OS. When I first installed Windows, I installed it on the HDD drive. Now I want to change it to the SSD. However, when I try to reinstall windows, the installer tells me that windows wasn't installed in...
  4. Is it possible to reinstall recovery drive files onto an existing recovery drive?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Is it possible to reinstall recovery drive files onto an existing recovery drive?: Last time I used my recovery drive, my PC ran into an error in the second phase which resulted in severely limited options in the bluescreen menu. Attempting to recover from the recovery drive at this point just immediately resulted in an error. In a last ditch effort to fix...
  5. Upgrading Windows, but onto a different drive

Upgrading Windows, but onto a different drive: Hey all.I'm working on a well overdue upgrade to Windows 10 on a computer I built. At first I was planning on dual-booting, but that seems to be more trouble than it's worth, so I think I should just upgrade the old install. Regarding this, I have two questions.1Old install...
  6. Upgrading Windows, but onto a different drive

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Upgrading Windows, but onto a different drive: Hey all.I'm working on a well overdue upgrade to Windows 10 on a computer I built. At first I was planning on dual-booting, but that seems to be more trouble than it's worth, so I think I should just upgrade the old install. Regarding this, I have two questions.1Old install...
  7. Upgrading Windows, but onto a different drive

in Windows 10 Gaming
  8. Reinstalling onto a different drive

Reinstalling onto a different drive: Soon i plan to get a new m.2 ssd, as my current hdd is slow, and starting to fail. I plan to reinstall windows onto my new ssd, but my question is, will be able to transfer my old data from my hdd to the new drive during reinstallation, since i know that is something you can...
  9. Reinstalling onto a different drive

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Reinstalling onto a different drive: Soon i plan to get a new m.2 ssd, as my current hdd is slow, and starting to fail. I plan to reinstall windows onto my new ssd, but my question is, will be able to transfer my old data from my hdd to the new drive during reinstallation, since i know that is something you can...
  10. Reinstall Windows 10 on a different drive?

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Reinstall Windows 10 on a different drive?: Hello, all. I have a laptop that currently has an HDD. It's several years old and is becoming a big slow. It also has Windows 10 on it. I plan on replacing the HDD with an SSD and doing a fresh install of Windows 10. However, I don't have the license key for my copy of...