Windows 10: Reinstalling software after a windows reinstall

Discus and support Reinstalling software after a windows reinstall in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; I had to reinstall Windows 10 after a major issue which meant it was a complete install. Luckily I had a number of programmes that I had installed on a... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by AdrianHolbrook, Jun 7, 2019.

1. Reinstalling software after a windows reinstall

I had to reinstall Windows 10 after a major issue which meant it was a complete install. Luckily I had a number of programmes that I had installed on a separate hard drive - not C: Now I have the problem that I have the programmes, I can get them to run OK. I've even added shortcuts to the Start menu but they do not show up under settings in the list of installed Apps. Presumably this requires a registry update. The reason that I am worried about this is that there is an update to one of my programmes and I am not sure if it will work if the original version is identified as being installed. Is there a way of fixing this?

:)

AdrianHolbrook, Jun 7, 2019

2. Reinstall Windows?

You'll need to reinstall windows. just use repair *Toast :toast:

I'd go with 32 bit, myself, because of compatibility with software, and games..

SimFreak47, Jun 7, 2019
  3. jpierce55 Win User
    Reinstall Windows?

You don't need to reinstall windows. Go to the device manager and remove uninstall the processor and motherboard drivers listed. When you start the system back up you should be able to re-install the new ones. I just changed my mobo/processor Friday, everything is fine.

BTW I have seen some reviews that state practically no difference in using more than 2gb of ram.

jpierce55, Jun 7, 2019
  4. Reinstalling software after a windows reinstall

Reinstall windows xp

I am trying to reinstall windows xp. What is the easiest way to do this?

Pitchblack1110, Jun 7, 2019
Thema:

Reinstalling software after a windows reinstall

1. Reinstalling software after a windows reinstall - Similar Threads - Reinstalling software reinstall

2. How to reinstall HP software

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to reinstall HP software: I recently upgraded my windows 10 from Home to Pro version, After Installation i lost all my HP Preinstalled Software Like HP cool Sense, Hp Recovery Manager etc, please help me in installing them again for an emergency breakdown....
  3. Reinstall same software

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Reinstall same software: Is it possible to reinstall win 10 home, version 20h2, OS 19042.630, 64 bit over the same software that has the same version, OS on the same computer? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/reinstall-same-software/5cfa4f5d-a23d-4914-af52-c66b64fbf2a4
  4. Reinstall Software

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Reinstall Software: I had installed Microsoft Office on my computer and accidentally deleted it. How do I reinstall? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/reinstall-software/01e5949c-622e-49b1-8f15-a8ba8d18a999
  5. Reinstalling uninstalled softwares

Reinstalling uninstalled softwares: Due to resetting of my windows following software are in uninstalled list Please help me to reinstall them IntelR Computing Improvement ProgramIntel Corporation2.4.05718 IntelR Dynamic Platform and Thermal FrameworkIntel Corporation8.3.10209.6897 IntelR HID Event...
  6. Reinstall software after Win 10 reinstall

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Reinstall software after Win 10 reinstall: I just purchased a blue ray player from the Microsoft store and had to reinstall windows 10. I was able to reinstall my 2019 Outlook that I just purchased but it does not show me how to reinstall my blue ray player. What do I have to do about this? I have searched all over...
  7. Reinstall after clean reinstall of windows 10

Reinstall after clean reinstall of windows 10: i back up my windows 10 machine to a western digital hard drive. Will that reinstall all of my applications? thank you https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/reinstall-after-clean-reinstall-of-windows-10/1ef582dd-62a0-4774-a637-173c9f32cc19
  8. Can't reinstall Software

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Can't reinstall Software: Purchased a new Scanner, plustec OpticSlim 2610, Worked good then started acting up. Tried to uninstall the software but something is wrong. It will not let me reinstall it The company wants to do remote access on my computer but I don't like things like that to happen. They...
  9. Reinsalling Older Softwares After A Windows 10 Reinstall

Reinsalling Older Softwares After A Windows 10 Reinstall: Recently my motherboard crashed. A tech replaced it. After the replacement he could not get my windows 10 to reboots, hence he opt to reinstall. Now my Microsoft Digital Image Suite Anniversary Edition, and Works Suite 2006 cannot be reinstalled. I was running a Windows 8.1...
  10. Reinstall Windows Without Manufacturer Software

Reinstall Windows Without Manufacturer Software: I have a brand new Inspiron 7577 gaming laptop. It's a 16GB i7 that works very slow for it's specs and from what I've read, the software preinstalled by Dell has a lot to do with it. I would like to reinstall Windows without their software. My questions are: 1. What...