Windows 10: Reinstalling Start menu for Windows 10

Discus and support Reinstalling Start menu for Windows 10 in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I recently reinstalled Windows 10, then installed classic shell to get the start menu I used to have and that someone else had set up for me. I failed... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by susan36, Jan 7, 2019.

1. susan36 Win User

Reinstalling Start menu for Windows 10

I recently reinstalled Windows 10, then installed classic shell to get the start menu I used to have and that someone else had set up for me. I failed in my attempt to get things set up, but now the Windows start menu has disappeared and I can't even use that. Repeated attempts to reach the Microsoft engineer who did the reinstallation have gotten nowhere. I guess once they do one thing and give you their number, they are really giving you the boot. Any thoughts on where/how to get the start menu? Thanks.

:)

susan36, Jan 7, 2019
  2. scevism Win User
    scevism, Jan 7, 2019
  3. Jetster Win User
    Jetster, Jan 7, 2019
  4. Reinstalling Start menu for Windows 10

Windows 10 Start menu issue

yeah I've been less than happy with the start menu also.
    for me I for me I get freezes in start menu, especialy returning from sleep...which reminds me sleep is such a pain in the butt since I switch to Windows 10. Either waking up on its own, or system freezes when recovering from sleep

Stardock was a nice switch from vanilla, but i wasnt gonna buy it and 30 days goes by quick.

jboydgolfer, Jan 7, 2019
Thema:

Reinstalling Start menu for Windows 10

1. Reinstalling Start menu for Windows 10 - Similar Threads - Reinstalling Start menu

2. How to disable Start menu to reinstall it?

in Cortana
    How to disable Start menu to reinstall it?: I'm trying to reinstall start menu and the windows 10 search bar, because I can't type in either my search bar or the file explorer. Most of the fixes I've seen involve using the powershell console and this code: PS C:\WINDOWS\system32> Get-AppXPackage -AllUsers...
  3. Windows 10 start menu

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows 10 start menu: Hi I woke up my pc from sleeping and my start menu popped up out of nowhere. How can i get this to stop? Its a desktop computer. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-10-start-menu/5067fa91-1076-436d-9d5d-556f3cbd6256
  4. How to reinstall Start Menu App on taskbar Windows 10

How to reinstall Start Menu App on taskbar Windows 10: I accidentally uninstall the Start Menu app , how can I reinstall it? I tried to use PowerShell and use the command:Get-appxpackage -all *shellexperience* -packagetype bundle % {add-appxpackage -register -disabledevelopmentmode $_.installlocation +...
  5. Windows 10 Start Menu

Windows 10 Start Menu: Hi, Sorry if it's in the wrong section, but how do you guys sort your start menu, mine is like this (see image). As you can see i'm not good at sorting my apps...*chuckle Don't know where to put the apps on the top right. [img] 158886
  6. Start Menu Not Working After Reinstall

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Start Menu Not Working After Reinstall: I'm trying to get my Surface Pro 6 working correctly after a reinstall of Windows 10. Edge browser does not function; it opens for about 3 seconds then shuts down. Start menu button does not function; cannot reach settings at all. I have tried the following steps: restart...
  7. Windows 10 Start Menu

Windows 10 Start Menu: I am having problem in my Windows 10 , I am unable to click or open start menu , even search engine too . Any solution please. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-10-start-menu/1add266f-4bbb-47c2-a2fc-b27182ed29b0
  8. Windows 10 Start Menu

Windows 10 Start Menu: I am having problem in my Windows 10 , I am unable to click or open start menu , even search engine too . Any solution please. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-other_settings/windows-10-start-menu/1add266f-4bbb-47c2-a2fc-b27182ed29b0
  9. Prep for Reinstall - Copy layouts + Start Menu

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Prep for Reinstall - Copy layouts + Start Menu: I have a very simple question, that I think must be related to this Controlled Folder Access issue. How do I simply copy my Desktop folder to another location? Win10 won't give me access to making a copy! 118405
  10. Start Menu search not working after reinstall

in Windows 10 Support
    Start Menu search not working after reinstall: I performed a reinstall of Windows 10 build 10532. Since then, Start menu search shows no results. Attached a pic, showing DC++ pinned to start, but still not showing during search. Please help This is really frustrating 22902