Windows 10: reinstalling w10 onto ssd?

Discus and support reinstalling w10 onto ssd? in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; laptop comes with 2 drives it looks like this: https://imgur.com/a/bDw1QSf disk 1= hdd disk 0 = sdd question #1: im guessing w10 is running on... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by laptophelpthx, Mar 8, 2020.

1. reinstalling w10 onto ssd?

laptop comes with 2 drives

it looks like this:

https://imgur.com/a/bDw1QSf

disk 1= hdd

disk 0 = sdd

question #1: im guessing w10 is running on the hdd?

but the sdd says it has 'system' w/e that means

w10 installed, is activated
    did the windows updates

problem: the 'cloning' softwares does not let me 'clone' the hdd to the sdd
    question #2: why? what is the problem?

dunno which is faster, to do clean install on ssd and do updates again, or just clone

question #3: has anyone done this kind of thing recently? which is faster?

question #4: are there any good articles or youtubes that tells us what we're suppose to do?

the general sites just says one option is to use the cloning software, but they dont tell explain to us what we're suppose to do

another option seems to be 'system image' but that seems extremely complicated with so many steps

:)

laptophelpthx, Mar 8, 2020
  2. Winrland Win User

'Clean' reinstall of W10

Hi all,

I am updating both of my W10 computers with SSD's and am wanting to 'reinstall' windows along the way, and with the very excellent and immediate phone support from MS, have just completed on both of these machines what they seem to call a 'Repair Reinstall'
    of W10 that reinstalls the OS and retains all files programs and apps, which is great.

While upgrading both machines to an SSD primary drive, I am also retaining the original hard drive within the machine, which comes up as Drive J. I run these machines very cleanly, and personal files I need to retain are very minimal and easily saved to
    a USB drive (or Drive J).

I would like to do a 'Clean' Reinstall of W10 that will wipe my machine 'clean' of virtually everything and reinstall the OS on a perfectly clean system, essentially bringing the unit back to as much of an 'as new' condition as possible; my concern is in
    retaining and / or reinstalling my versions of MS Office and my Adobe programs.

I'm wondering if, before I begin the 'Clean' reinstall I were to disconnect my HDD (which is what my SSD was cloned from, so retains all my programs such as Office and my Adobe stuff), and then after having done a clean reinstall with my SSD, could I somehow
    easily reinstall MS Office and my Adobe stuff from a freshly re-connected Drive J, or not?

I guess my question is this: With primary goal of having freshest, cleanest unit when done, what steps do I need to take to be able to reinstall my Office and Adobe programs after completing the clean reinstall of Windows 10?

Thanks for any assistance you can offer!

Iain

Winrland, Mar 8, 2020
  3. Warren ED Win User
    W10 Anniversary locked my SSD, its dead

I already reinstalled W7 per the original post?

There does not appear to be anything, anywhere that links me to a reinstall upgrade to W10.

The link you gave has no obvious directions how to reload W10.

Any ideas how to unlock or open my crashed SSD?

I haven't had time to try to plug it into another machine yet.

If I replace the conventional HD I am running now with another SSD, will I have the same issue when W10 Anniversary loads?

Thanks for any input.

Warren

Warren ED, Mar 8, 2020
  4. reinstalling w10 onto ssd?

Issues with W10 Mail App

Hi Frank,

To guide you in the right direction, let us know the following:

• Did you add your fsnet.co.uk (POP3) address as an additional account in W10 Mail App?
    I suggest you to remove the account and re-add it.

I suggest you to try the steps provided in the link below and check.

Outlook help & learning - Office Support

Please get back to us with the required information, to assist you further.

Regards,

Syed Abdul Jabbar, Mar 8, 2020
Thema:

reinstalling w10 onto ssd?

1. reinstalling w10 onto ssd? - Similar Threads - reinstalling w10 onto

2. W10 64 USB ISO onto SSD 2nd blank formatted partition 1st has W10 32

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    W10 64 USB ISO onto SSD 2nd blank formatted partition 1st has W10 32: Need step by step please. I'm a non-tech novice at dual boot installation and very fearful of losing all my stuff yet again !! pc crash, backup failure.Brand new 450GB partitioned SSD. I clean-installed W10 32 on half of it, seems to work which left 220GB unallocated space....
  3. W10 64 USB ISO onto SSD 2nd blank formatted partition 1st has W10 32

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    W10 64 USB ISO onto SSD 2nd blank formatted partition 1st has W10 32: Need step by step please. I'm a non-tech novice at dual boot installation and very fearful of losing all my stuff yet again !! pc crash, backup failure.Brand new 450GB partitioned SSD. I clean-installed W10 32 on half of it, seems to work which left 220GB unallocated space....
  4. Reinstalling onto a different drive

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Reinstalling onto a different drive: Soon i plan to get a new m.2 ssd, as my current hdd is slow, and starting to fail. I plan to reinstall windows onto my new ssd, but my question is, will be able to transfer my old data from my hdd to the new drive during reinstallation, since i know that is something you can...
  5. Reinstalling onto a different drive

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Reinstalling onto a different drive: Soon i plan to get a new m.2 ssd, as my current hdd is slow, and starting to fail. I plan to reinstall windows onto my new ssd, but my question is, will be able to transfer my old data from my hdd to the new drive during reinstallation, since i know that is something you can...
  6. Reinstall windows 10 onto laptop with failed SSD.

Reinstall windows 10 onto laptop with failed SSD.: Hi all,A little bit ago my laptops SSD failed. I had an old computer to use as a backup and was doing so until it recently started experiencing some major lags. I decided to replace my SSD in my ASUS Ux430 and try to get it up and running again. The old SSD had windows 10 on...
  7. Reinstall windows 10 onto ssd

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Reinstall windows 10 onto ssd: So i got a 1tb ssd and was wondering how i set it up and install windows onto it. Right now i use a 1tb hard drive with windows and all of my stuff on it. How do i install windows onto my SSD? Do i install windows 10 onto a flash drive and use it as my boot device? Or do i...
  8. Reinstalling Windows onto a new motherboard with an ssd that has windows on it already

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Reinstalling Windows onto a new motherboard with an ssd that has windows on it already: I had windows installed on an ssd and i exchanged the motherboard for another one. i rebuilt my pc with the new mobo and it wouldn’t load past bios despite not wiping my ssd. i put my usb key with windows on it to reinstall it and it asked me which partition to install it...
  9. Reinstalled windows 10 onto my ssd everything is gone

Reinstalled windows 10 onto my ssd everything is gone: I reinstalled windows 10 onto my new ssd from the usb media and wen i loaded my desktop back up all my apps and games were gone. I check my hardrive and the storage is still there with everything but i have to reinstall everything even tho its on my drive. When i do...
  10. w10 reinstall

w10 reinstall: this is my first time any any forum i hope im doing it right. i have a 4month old dell inspiron 15 5555. it is running w10 home. i have a sony wireless head phones and the souund quality is equal to sitting inside a tin can. no luck from dell nor sony how to fix. so i bought...