Windows 10: Reinstalling Win 10 on replaced HDD

Discus and support Reinstalling Win 10 on replaced HDD in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; I have just replaced the HDD which had my windows 10 OS on it, this was an upgrade from win 7. I reinstalled win 7 then tried to upgrade to win 10... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by DavidMellor3, Dec 13, 2020.

1. Reinstalling Win 10 on replaced HDD

I have just replaced the HDD which had my windows 10 OS on it, this was an upgrade from win 7. I reinstalled win 7 then tried to upgrade to win 10 again. When I input the code from my Win 7 disc, as I did when I first upgraded, I get the error message saying that the code isn't valid. How do I install & validate Win 10 on my new disc?

:)

DavidMellor3, Dec 13, 2020

2. HDD replacement/Windows 10 reinstall

I have an Asus computer with the free Windows 10 upgrade. The HDD is on it's way out and I want to replace it with a hybrid hdd. How do I reinstall the operating system and can I still use the free Windows 10 upgrade on this machine?

MichaelCraig4, Dec 13, 2020
  3. JayTeeHam Win User
    Reinstalling Win10 On New Hard Drive, current hdd is failing and i need to replace.

Reinstalling Win10 On New Hard Drive, current hdd is failing and i need to replace fast! Backup and restore misses several key files so can't transfer to new hdd.

I need to reinstall my winOS on a new hdd, current hard drive is failing fast! I bought Win8, upgraded to 8.1 free, then 10 free. I can't find Win 10 Product Key Only Product ID Listed In SysInfo.

Can I download Win10 for free somewhere, and locate the Product Key to install for free, or do I have to buy the complete WinOS 10 Pro to the tune of $200!!!? Help Please! Thanks so much!

JayTeeHam, Dec 13, 2020
  4. Reinstalling Win 10 on replaced HDD

active a win 10 reinstall

I got win 8 geniuene, then upgrade to win 10 for free. But now I must replace my HDD and reinstall win 10. How can I active it?

Raptor1812, Dec 13, 2020
Thema:

Reinstalling Win 10 on replaced HDD

1. Reinstalling Win 10 on replaced HDD - Similar Threads - Reinstalling replaced HDD

2. Reinstall win 11 and data hdd

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Reinstall win 11 and data hdd: Hello all. I hope this makes sense. I’m using win 11 on my ssd.c drive I also have 2 internal HDDs spare D & emergency back up F holding data only plugged into the MB. I need to do a fresh install of win11. If I unplug my 2 data hdd’s from the MB. Then reinstall win 11 onto...
  3. Reinstall win 11 and data hdd

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Reinstall win 11 and data hdd: Hello all. I hope this makes sense. I’m using win 11 on my ssd.c drive I also have 2 internal HDDs spare D & emergency back up F holding data only plugged into the MB. I need to do a fresh install of win11. If I unplug my 2 data hdd’s from the MB. Then reinstall win 11 onto...
  4. Replacing HDD

Replacing HDD: I have a HP s5-1114 with Windows 10 Home that was upgraded from Windows 8.1 via the free upgrade. It is attached to my account. My HDD has died and I've ordered a new one. How do I get my SW key to reinstall the OS? I recall seeing it was digitally saved to my account, but...
  5. Win 10 Activation after HDD replacement.

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Win 10 Activation after HDD replacement.: I recently replaced a failed HDD and bad ram in a refurbished laptop.After re-installing windows it refused to activate.It is a multi-user machine that was never, to my knowledge, registered to a Microsoft Account.I do not have a copy of the windows key.I DO have the CoA...
  6. Win 10 Activation after HDD replacement.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Win 10 Activation after HDD replacement.: I recently replaced a failed HDD and bad ram in a refurbished laptop.After re-installing windows it refused to activate.It is a multi-user machine that was never, to my knowledge, registered to a Microsoft Account.I do not have a copy of the windows key.I DO have the CoA...
  7. Win 10 Activation after HDD replacement.

8. Replace HDD with SSD in Laptop - Reinstal Windows 10

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Replace HDD with SSD in Laptop - Reinstal Windows 10: I am a home user having HP Pavilion laptop - Windows 10, 1 TB HDD, 8GB RAM I intend replacing internal 1 TB HDD with 240 GB SSD Internal SSD will have only Windows 10, MS Office and other basic software HDD will be converted to external disk for storage. I have Windows 10...
  9. Windows 10 reinstall after replacing a HDD on my laptop

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 10 reinstall after replacing a HDD on my laptop: I am needing to replace the hard drive on my laptop. I've read the article about the reinstall process but wanted to ask if I need have old hard drive in place first, then create the boot disk (usb thumb drive) next, and then swap out the old hard drive for the new one, or...
  10. windows 10 reinstall after HDD replaced

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    windows 10 reinstall after HDD replaced: Hello The HDD in my laptop has failed and I want to replace it. How do I get my current version of Win 10 up and running on it? make a windows start up disc ? - I have taken note of my win 10 key, once a new OS is installed can I just activate it with the same key...