Windows 10: Reinstalling Win 10 to a SSD drive

Discus and support Reinstalling Win 10 to a SSD drive in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I have a desktop that I built myself I bought and installed Win 7 as it was the latest OS at the time. Eventually I did the free upgrade to Win 10. My... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by PatKennedy3, May 21, 2019.

1. Reinstalling Win 10 to a SSD drive

I have a desktop that I built myself I bought and installed Win 7 as it was the latest OS at the time. Eventually I did the free upgrade to Win 10. My question is I bought a new SSD drive and would like to do a clean install of Windows 10 on it . Since I only have the win 7 installation CD and not a win 10. I am not sure if i need to buy the win 10 software or is there some way I can use my current win 10 on my new ssd drive.

Thanks for your help

pk

:)

PatKennedy3, May 21, 2019
  2. crownele Win User

Hard drives listed as SSD drives

Upgraded to Win 10 Pro from Win 7 Pro.

Have 2 Hard drives in Raid 1 set up.

Win 10 lists these drives as SSD drives in System Properties.

How do I change the listing of these drives to HD so I can optimize them?

crownele, May 21, 2019
  3. Tranferring Win 10 to SSD

Option 1:

If the SSD is equal in size to the drive it is replacing, you could create a system image saved to an external drive then restore.

Option 2:

You can download the free Easeus ToDo Back and use it to clone the drive the restore it. Learn how:

https://www.groovypost.com/howto/clone-move-windows-10-data-larger-ssd-disk-drive/

Option 3:

Download, create a bootable copy then reinstall Windows 10:

Option 1:

Option 2:

Step 1: How to download official Windows 10 ISO files

Step 2:

Andre Da Costa, May 21, 2019
  4. Reinstalling Win 10 to a SSD drive

Andre Da Costa, May 21, 2019
Thema:

Reinstalling Win 10 to a SSD drive

1. Reinstalling Win 10 to a SSD drive - Similar Threads - Reinstalling SSD drive

2. Win 10 New SSD Drive

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Win 10 New SSD Drive: Reinstalled Win 10, Installed new SSD Drive to computer. Temporarly disconnected existing Harddrive. Set Bios to new SDD drive for start/Boot. Reconnected harddrive. My question is that I have duplicate files in Partitions/Drives. Can I now delete/format the Harddrive now?...
  3. Win 10 New SSD Drive

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Win 10 New SSD Drive: Reinstalled Win 10, Installed new SSD Drive to computer. Temporarly disconnected existing Harddrive. Set Bios to new SDD drive for start/Boot. Reconnected harddrive. My question is that I have duplicate files in Partitions/Drives. Can I now delete/format the Harddrive now?...
  4. Win 10 New SSD Drive

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Win 10 New SSD Drive

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  6. after reinstall win 10 on ssd

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    after reinstall win 10 on ssd: i had a ssd with win 10 on and a second hdd disk. with all the games on, i discounted the hdd before installing win10 to the ssd, after reinstalling win 10 on a ssd i reconnected the hdd but it says it cant not read it and needs to reformate tried changing drive letters...
  7. after reinstall win 10 on ssd

after reinstall win 10 on ssd: i had a ssd with win 10 on and a second hdd disk. with all the games on, i discounted the hdd before installing win10 to the ssd, after reinstalling win 10 on a ssd i reconnected the hdd but it says it cant not read it and needs to reformate tried changing drive letters...
  8. after reinstall win 10 on ssd

in Windows 10 Gaming
  9. new hard drive,reinstall win 10

new hard drive,reinstall win 10: I replaced a hard drive in my hp laptop.How can I reload windows 10 onto it ? I made a iso disk but can't get it to work. I changed the bootup sequence to cd/dvd first and hd second. Hope this makes sense...
  10. Bad Drive Reinstalling Win 10

Bad Drive Reinstalling Win 10: My laptop was upgraded from Win 7 to Win 10 in Dec 2015. The drive crashed last week and I am going to put a new one in. Will Win 10 find the COA from the previous install??? Or is there something else I need to do?? 42832