Windows 10: Reinstalling Win10 needed after removing User Profile and Account?

Discus and support Reinstalling Win10 needed after removing User Profile and Account? in User Accounts and Family Safety to solve the problem; Suppose I wanted to remove a User Profile and then also remove that User's account, do I also need to reinstall Windows 10 to ensure ALL of the old... Discussion in 'User Accounts and Family Safety' started by win10freak, Oct 29, 2020.

1. Reinstalling Win10 needed after removing User Profile and Account?

Suppose I wanted to remove a User Profile and then also remove that User's account, do I also need to reinstall Windows 10 to ensure ALL of the old user's data gets removed?

:)

win10freak, Oct 29, 2020

2. Reinstalling Win10 needed after removing User Profile and Account?

Suppose I wanted to remove a User Profile and then also remove that User's account, do I also need to reinstall Windows 10 to ensure ALL of the old user's data gets removed?

win10freak, Oct 29, 2020
  3. Vesao Win User
    Remove account

I suggest you backup your personalized files first before removing the account.
    To delete an account, follow these steps:
    1. Press WIN + X keys and click Command Prompt (Admin) from the menu.
    2. Type the following command and press Enter. Replace test with the name of your sister's account. Code:

Vesao, Oct 29, 2020
  4. angus Win User

Reinstalling Win10 needed after removing User Profile and Account?

Settings can't be opened using the built-in administrator account

Hello,
    Unfortunately I have the same issue as Dabz from upgrading win7 to win10.
    I've tried opening settings using all the suggested methods and it will not load using my account with Administrator access nor the built-in Administrator profile. I also tried other methods not listed such as using Run. Control panel is just a stepping stone to add users in Settings.
    I'm also having explorer.exe issues, which I believe is preventing Settings from loading.
    Using cmd (Admin) I successfully created a new user profile [and granted admin access also using cmd (Admin)], however win10 will not allow this account to log on. win10 does not list this new user within control panel but it does in the start menu. win10 will not allow to log in or switch to the new account via the start menu either.
    I can access settings in Safe Mode but this will not allow me to create a new account.
    Any help/suggestions will be greatly appreciated.
    Cheers

angus, Oct 29, 2020
Thema:

Reinstalling Win10 needed after removing User Profile and Account?

1. Reinstalling Win10 needed after removing User Profile and Account? - Similar Threads - Reinstalling Win10 needed

2. Removing Old Microsoft Account On User Profile To Add New Account

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Removing Old Microsoft Account On User Profile To Add New Account: Hello,I bought a laptop some time ago from a friend. I was lazy and just used their user profile which is logged into their microsoft account. I want to remove their microsoft account and add my own to the user profile on the laptop. It has a lot of data which I've accrued...
  3. Removing Old Microsoft Account On User Profile To Add New Account

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Removing Old Microsoft Account On User Profile To Add New Account: Hello,I bought a laptop some time ago from a friend. I was lazy and just used their user profile which is logged into their microsoft account. I want to remove their microsoft account and add my own to the user profile on the laptop. It has a lot of data which I've accrued...
  4. How to remove advanced user profile settings from a user account Win10 Home 20H2

in Windows 10 Customization
    How to remove advanced user profile settings from a user account Win10 Home 20H2: I recently thought I would try to set up a local account login, but it didn't work as expected. Now I have the one user account with two separate logins, the local name and my Microsoft account name. I am wanting to remove the local name login and just continue to use my...
  5. Win10 user account needs changing

Win10 user account needs changing: Hi i have a w10 laptop with office 365 installed The laptop was set up with my own microsoft account and email How do i change it so its only got my wifes microsoft account, email and user name instead of mine I dont want to lose the installed office 365 software. I...
  6. Need help with the User account and removing email.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Need help with the User account and removing email.: So basically the email that my user account is using is disabled and blocked from entry, so i keep getting these "don't miss out! sign in to a Microsoft account" pop ups because of that, it pulls me out of games, and is a really big nuisance, Is there ANY way i can remove the...
  7. changing user profile name account in win10

changing user profile name account in win10: any easy way to change user profile name under C/users/name i can change name which shows once booting to windows but C/users/name stays the same... thank you...
  8. user profile Win10

user profile Win10: How do I repair or replace my user profile in Windows10 that was corrupted during a shutdown failure? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/user-profile-win10/a2f7d226-78c4-4ab6-87a4-133411eb0fd7
  9. remove the profile/user picture

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    remove the profile/user picture: Hi.. i just bought a 2nd hand laptop, please help me to remove the profile/user picture of the previous owner. [img] sorry for my post its my first time to ask help in this community.. thanks.. 103142
  10. Win10 the user profile service failed the sign-in - No Other Account

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Win10 the user profile service failed the sign-in - No Other Account: A friend of mine who is profoundly dyslexic has asked me to fix their laptop. It has the following error "the user profile service failed the sign-in" "User profile cannot be loaded" So I have checked the other threads and tutorials as well as online, but all...