Windows 10: Reinstalling win10 on new hard drive

Discus and support Reinstalling win10 on new hard drive in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; My hard drive on my pc has gone bad. I updated my win7 ultimate during major change to win 10. What do I do once I have replaced my hard drive. 124273 Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Shiflerg, Dec 28, 2018.

1. Shiflerg Win User

Reinstalling win10 on new hard drive

My hard drive on my pc has gone bad. I updated my win7 ultimate during major change to win 10. What do I do once I have replaced my hard drive.

:)

Shiflerg, Dec 28, 2018

2. Reinstall Windows 10 to new hard drive

Hi Rodolpho,

We want to know about the issue you're having with your recovery drive. Please answer the questions below:

• Are you trying to reinstall Windows 8 or Windows 10?
    • If you already upgraded to Windows 10, were you able to create a new copy of the recovery drive?

We suggest creating a new copy of the recovery drive and then follow the steps provided by Andre Da Costa above this thread.

Update us with the outcome so we can assist you further.

Robert Caw, Dec 28, 2018
  3. JayTeeHam Win User
    Reinstalling Win10 On New Hard Drive, current hdd is failing and i need to replace.

Reinstalling Win10 On New Hard Drive, current hdd is failing and i need to replace fast! Backup and restore misses several key files so can't transfer to new hdd.

I need to reinstall my winOS on a new hdd, current hard drive is failing fast! I bought Win8, upgraded to 8.1 free, then 10 free. I can't find Win 10 Product Key Only Product ID Listed In SysInfo.

Can I download Win10 for free somewhere, and locate the Product Key to install for free, or do I have to buy the complete WinOS 10 Pro to the tune of $200!!!? Help Please! Thanks so much!

JayTeeHam, Dec 28, 2018
  4. Tim B285 Win User

Win10 on new hard drive, how to activate

• Installed Win10 to new hard drive, but Win7 code does not work.
    • Tried online (slui.exe 4) activation:
      • entered numeric codes online - which failed,
      • talked to 1st line tech who entered Win7 code - did not work,
      • transferred me to 2nd line tech and no one came on the phone line after 2.5 hours.

Win7 was pre-installed on HP computer with no media provided and HP support has no process to supply replacement media or ISO (last HP purchase). Tried to install Win7 to new drive using Recovery Disks I created, but it could not find system image.

Not willing to return to old hard drive as the new one has SSD and is at least 3 (7?) times faster.

QUESTION 1: Is my only option now to buy either Win7 or Win10?

QUESTION 2: Without activation, when will Win10 no longer boot? If 12 months, I can retry online activation later.

Tim B285, Dec 28, 2018
Thema:

1. Reinstalling win10 on new hard drive - Similar Threads - Reinstalling win10 hard

2. Problems reinstalling Win10 after a hard drive swap...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Problems reinstalling Win10 after a hard drive swap...: I have an older laptop that I use on my workbench at work... A Gateway MA7/MT6840.An old family friend bought it new, it was shipped with Vista Home Premium. I was her computer fixer for over 12 years. When the original hard drive died I installed a new one and she purchased...
  3. Problems reinstalling Win10 after a hard drive swap...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Problems reinstalling Win10 after a hard drive swap...: I have an older laptop that I use on my workbench at work... A Gateway MA7/MT6840.An old family friend bought it new, it was shipped with Vista Home Premium. I was her computer fixer for over 12 years. When the original hard drive died I installed a new one and she purchased...
  4. Problems reinstalling Win10 after a hard drive swap...

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. Reinstalling Windows 10 on a new hard drive

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Reinstalling Windows 10 on a new hard drive: Hi! I bought a new hard drive since it looks like the one I currently have is corrupted. However, the corrupted hard drive is where my Windows volume license key is bound to. Is it still possible to activate the license on a different hard drive? Appreciate any steps and...
  6. Can't reinstall with new hard drive

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Can't reinstall with new hard drive: I had Flight Sim but it wasn't running well so had the computer upgraded with a new video card and a new SSD drive. Now I see Flight Sim in my order history but when I try to download it, I get a message that I have no devices. If I click on the message, I get sent back to...
  7. Reinstall backup on new hard drive

Reinstall backup on new hard drive: I have been using Windows 10 since you released it free I love the program I had it on my hard drive which I backed up using Norton backup, I purchased a new computer it has Windows 10 home installed on it can I reinstall all my programs and data I have on the old hard drive...
  8. Reinstalling win10 on new hard drive

Reinstalling win10 on new hard drive: My hard drive on my pc has gone bad. I updated my win7 ultimate during major change to win 10. What do I do once I have replaced my hard drive. 124273
  9. Win10 - how to reinstall on a new drive.

Win10 - how to reinstall on a new drive.: I have just purchased a new laptop with Windows 10 installed on it. I have also purchased a 1TB SSD that I wish to use to replace the original HD. 1) Is this process as simple as creating a recovery USB, downloading the Win 10 iso from Microsoft and then doing a clean...
  10. after hard disk failure, need to reinstall my Win10 on new drive

after hard disk failure, need to reinstall my Win10 on new drive: Just need the steps to reinstall Win10 on replacement hard disk. Previous install was online during upgrade from Win 8. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/after-hard-disk-failure-need-to-reinstall-my-win10/3f44ca03-074c-4d09-82f8-9e88a40c5b3b

Users found this page by searching for:

1. If i change my laptop disk with win 10 with a new disk and put a copy of win 10 on it is it possible to revert back to my original disk if i wished

2. cant find hard drive after reinstall win10

3. my hard drive is gone out will i have to purchase a new win10 os or can i download a new one free