Windows 10: Reinstalling Win10 to SSD

Discus and support Reinstalling Win10 to SSD in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I'm not too technical, so please bear with me. I have a newish PC that is currently running Win10 that is loaded on a HDD, with an additional HDD for... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by dallasfan, Nov 11, 2019.

1. dallasfan Win User

Reinstalling Win10 to SSD

I'm not too technical, so please bear with me. I have a newish PC that is currently running Win10 that is loaded on a HDD, with an additional HDD for added storage. I've purchased a new SSD that I've installed and will be using a USB to boot from and load Win10. This is our family PC, and my kids have a lot of Steam games and Minecraft stored/loaded on the existing HDD. My questions are these: Will the games run and still retain their history? My kids are freaked out they are going to lose their Minecraft worlds. The main reason for upgrading to the SDD is to improve system speed as the kids have loaded who-knows-what on it and it runs extremely slow. I want to wipe the drives and start fresh, but again not sure how to back up Minecraft and Steam games.
    Any help would be greatly appreciated.

:)

dallasfan, Nov 11, 2019
  2. Josh_922 Win User

Win10 clean install on Samsung SSD 850 EVO

BLUF: SSD is not listed ubder "Where do you want to install Windows?"

Steps Complete:

1. I've create a Win10 bootable install usb.

2. I connect the new Samsung SSD 850 EVO via SATA.

3. I reboot PC and verify SSD is seen by the motherboard/BIOS

4. Begin Win10 install via usb.

5. Get to "Where do you want to install Windows?" and the SSD is not listed

Problems:

1. Samsung does not offer a driver for the 850 on their website

2. Cannot locate driver elsewhere

Unsuccessful Mitigations Steps Attempt:

A. Format & partition SSD via Windows Disk Management, then retried steps 1-5 above....same result

B. Clone existing HHD onto SSD via "Image for Windows" by TeraByte, then verified SSD contents via Windows Explorer....similar result

Can you please offer some advice on locating a driver for a Samsung SSD 850 EVO 1TB drive? Or an alternative method?

Thank you

Josh_922, Nov 11, 2019
  3. user33331 Win User
    Win10: windows update stuck at never ending loop ?

When in win10:
    • Update&security -> Windows update -> Finding update... .... .... ....
    Planning to download the latest Win10.ISO (vers.1803) and manually update:
    - Then wait that my ordered new SSD arrives and clone the old HDD to it.

user33331, Nov 11, 2019
  4. xkm1948 Win User

Migrating Win10 to NVMe SSD

I am going to migrate my Win10 to my NVMe SSD. Installation wise there should be no problem. However I cannot seem to be able to erase the old Windows 10 on the SATA SSD. If I boot from USB Win10 Installation media it only ask me whether I want to repair the SATA SSD Win10 or not. Any ideas on how to complete erase the SSD that currently have Win10 on it? I tried sanitize drive and PSID revert in Win10, neither would work. The SATA SSD is Crucial MX200.

xkm1948, Nov 11, 2019
Thema:

1. Reinstalling Win10 to SSD - Similar Threads - Reinstalling Win10 SSD

2. How to reinstall original win10 in new ssd?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to reinstall original win10 in new ssd?: hi.. i want to replace my laptop's hdd with ssd and install windows 10 in it. How to reactivate the windows? i have original windows that comes with the laptop when i bought it before. Thank you!...
  3. How to reinstall original win10 in new ssd?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to reinstall original win10 in new ssd?: hi.. i want to replace my laptop's hdd with ssd and install windows 10 in it. How to reactivate the windows? i have original windows that comes with the laptop when i bought it before. Thank you!...
  4. How to reinstall original win10 in new ssd?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. Win10 reinstall

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Win10 reinstall: Hello everyone. I have 2 laptops, the first one is for work and the second one is for everything else. Unfortunately, my "work" laptop crashed a month or more ago, didn't have time to get it back to life. Now I've tried and it appears I cannot do anything to it. The crash...
  6. Reinstall on ssd

Reinstall on ssd: Hello. I just got a new ssd and want to reinstall windows on it. Should I do a clean install or is there any free alternative way to migrate? Thanks submitted by /u/noxtare [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/fmhw1f/reinstall_on_ssd/
  7. Win10 reinstall

Win10 reinstall: How can I transfer my legit windows 10 from hdd to sdd? Is that possible? submitted by /u/JBP04 [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/e1fy04/win10_reinstall/
  8. Reinstalling Win10 on new SSD, potential bootloader issues

Reinstalling Win10 on new SSD, potential bootloader issues: I have 3 drives, C:\, D:\ and E:\, and a USB thumb drive with the Win10 installation media prepared. C:\ is a HDD and has dual boot of Ubuntu/Win10 with the GRUB2.0 bootloader. (I want everything on this disk erased after reinstall) D:\ is the destination SSD I want to...
  9. Reinstalling iTunes After a WIN10 Reinstall

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Reinstalling iTunes After a WIN10 Reinstall: I run WIN10 off an SSD and keep my MP3s and other data on a separate HDD drive. I recently had to do a clean install of WIN10. I backed up my entire iTunes folder to my E:/ HDD drive before the reinstall. I just installed iTunes, and pointed the Music Library to my...
  10. Reinstall of Win10

Reinstall of Win10: I have not seen a clear answer as to what and how do you get Win10 after your computer would crash, lets say in 2 years. How do you reinstall? 8441