Windows 10: Reinstalling Window 10 in another partition of the disk or on another disk, on the same system

Discus and support Reinstalling Window 10 in another partition of the disk or on another disk, on the same system in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; If Disk Management shows two Disc with certain partition and Windows is installed in a partition of a disc. If the system is reinstalled/formatted,... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by QuizicKhan, Jan 20, 2021.

1. Reinstalling Window 10 in another partition of the disk or on another disk, on the same system

If Disk Management shows two Disc with certain partition and Windows is installed in a partition of a disc.

If the system is reinstalled/formatted, then the window is reinstalled on the same partition on which it was. But what to do if I want to install the window in another disk or partition.

:)

QuizicKhan, Jan 20, 2021

2. Disk management console view is not up-to-date

i dont know how to fix your disk management, but i can fix your partition problems...

open up Command Prompt with admin rights. (Right click, run as admin)

enter in
    DISKPART
    list disk

then find the Disk number for your Raid array... lets call it number 7 ( you can tell what disk is what by the total size)
    type in

Select Disk 7
    List Partition (will give you a list of all the partitions..)
    Select Partition 1 (im assuming you only have 1 partition on Disk 7) repeat this step if you have more partitions.
    ASSIGN

that should get the array up and running ready to use.

EDITED.

any problems, post back ^^

Still EDITING *Stick Out Tongue Reinstalling Window 10 in another partition of the disk or on another disk, on the same system :p

side question, have you tried restarting the PC?

slyfox2151, Jan 20, 2021
  3. W1zzard Win User
    W7 Hard drive partition issue

to get rid of that 100 meg windows partition that setup creates for you on a new install on a blank hdd:

- press shift+f10 when on the partition management screen in setup <-- this opens a command prompt
    - diskpart <-- start the windows command line partition management tool
    - list disk <--- list the installed hdds in this computer for the next step
    - select disk 0 <- might have to replace 0 with the number of the correct disk
    - clean <-- this will erase all data on the disk you selected one step up- dont use the wrong disk!
    - create partition primary <- creates a primary partition taking up all space on the drive, adjust the command if necessary
    - exit, exit to exit diskpart and the command prompt
    - click refresh in partition manager and select your newly created partition and install to that

W1zzard, Jan 20, 2021
  4. Jetster Win User

Reinstalling Window 10 in another partition of the disk or on another disk, on the same system

Disk partition

Just copy off what you want to save. Delete all the partitions and create a new one then format. if you have problems in windows disk manager use a systems disk, or diskpart command. Hint youtube can be very helpful

EDIT: be carful if you use diskpart, make sure you have the correct drive selected

Jetster, Jan 20, 2021
Thema:

Reinstalling Window 10 in another partition of the disk or on another disk, on the same system

1. Reinstalling Window 10 in another partition of the disk or on another disk, on the same system - Similar Threads - Reinstalling Window another

2. Copy Disk to an another disk

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Copy Disk to an another disk: Hi,I need a solution to make a copy from one hard drive to another. Usually I would just use a hard drive cloner, however in this case they are Intel Computer Sticks, so it is impossible to extract the hard drive from the computer. PXE boot is not possible, neither is boot...
  3. Copy Disk to an another disk

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Copy Disk to an another disk: Hi,I need a solution to make a copy from one hard drive to another. Usually I would just use a hard drive cloner, however in this case they are Intel Computer Sticks, so it is impossible to extract the hard drive from the computer. PXE boot is not possible, neither is boot...
  4. Copy Disk to an another disk

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. Moving Windows 10 to another disk

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Moving Windows 10 to another disk: Hello Microsoft, I bought a NUC that had Windows 10 pre-installed. I am having performance issues with the hard disk that came in the NUC and would like to move to an SSD. How do I use the Windows 10 license that came with the system? Is there a way to copy from the...
  6. Moving to another disk

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Moving to another disk: How to move everything (files, programs, games and etc) from one non-system disk to another? Symbolic links will not work, because the old disk will be disabled after the transfer. submitted by /u/bogdan_nickitin [link] [comments]...
  7. How to increase or move the system partition to another partition in the same drive?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    How to increase or move the system partition to another partition in the same drive?: Years ago, I bought a second hand PC with a small HDD. I formatted it and set a small 60gb as drive Cto install windows. I got a bigger HDD recently and clone the old HDD to the new one. Now I realize that 60GB is too damn small for Windows. The HDD has two partition, C and...
  8. Windows 10 - Burning system recovery disk on another pc

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows 10 - Burning system recovery disk on another pc: Hello I updated my laptop this weekend from Windows 7 to Windows 10 (Home). Everything seems to run fluently and I already made a back-up on a secondary internal HDD (for both the system and the files). I will copy those files to an external HDD to make sure I keep those...
  9. Moving Windows 10 to another Disk

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Moving Windows 10 to another Disk: Hi, I'm Abdullah I have HP laptop with windows 10 installed, and the windows putted in recovery Disk, I'm going to replace or add an SSD hard to my system, and want to know how can I move or recover the windows on SSD. [ATTACH]...
  10. Moving the System partition from one disk to another

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Moving the System partition from one disk to another: Hello everybody, I'm having an issue with the setup of my Windows 10 computer. I'm pretty lost right now. A few months ago, I've installed a fresh copy of Windows 10 in disk 0 (SSD). Because I had several work files, during installation I've maintained an old disk also...