Windows 10: reinstalling windows 10 after linux

Discus and support reinstalling windows 10 after linux in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Hi, I have a thinkpad x13 amd. its running linux mint but has used arch linux as well in the past. I just tried putting windows back on with an iso... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Arthur_Thompson, Oct 21, 2020.

1. reinstalling windows 10 after linux

Hi, I have a thinkpad x13 amd. its running linux mint but has used arch linux as well in the past. I just tried putting windows back on with an iso from microsofts website. Before the install starts I get an error saying its missing a driver.

reinstalling windows 10 after linux [​IMG]

any help would be much appreciated. Thanks

:)

Arthur_Thompson, Oct 21, 2020
  2. xfire Win User

remove linux and reinstall vista ultimate

Ubuntu=Live CD->7 installation steps where partitioning is done automaticall.
    Windows= Many steps+ selecting the drive to instal to.

and the part where you said you should never make linux your sole OS angered me.
    Also, you can install windows over linux and then put grub back to make it dual boot. Just use gparted to resize the drive. Then install windows on the new partition. Use super grub disk to restore grub.

xfire, Oct 21, 2020
  3. MrGenius Win User
    [Solved] Windows 10 keeps reinstalling KB3119142

I noticed quite some time ago that KB3119142 (Update for Microsoft Visual C++ 2012 Update 4 Redistributable Package) kept reinstalling itself for some reason. At least once daily. Sometimes up to several times a day. I just ignored it. It didn't seem to be doing any harm. And I figured they'd eventually fix it. Well...days turned into weeks, weeks into months, with no end to the problem in sight. It dragged on unsolved for at least the last few months. Literally reinstalling itself hundreds of(at least a hundred, felt like more) times in that period of time.

So I finally googled it a couple days ago. And just got around to fixing it today. Which appears to have worked. And it couldn't have been easier to do. I feel so stupid to have let it intimidate me for so long.*Oops! reinstalling windows 10 after linux :oops:
    Below are links to the thread that I got the fix idea from, and the official MS support info page for KB3119142(from which I quoted the above).
    http://www.tenforums.com/windows-up...-windows-10-keeps-reinstalling-kb3119142.html
    https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/kb/3119142

MrGenius, Oct 21, 2020
  4. Silverel Win User

reinstalling windows 10 after linux

Guide: How to enable, use, and configure SLI on Linux.

I guess the next logical step would be to report on the performance you can get with SLI in Linux. That'd be my suggestion anyway.

Silverel, Oct 21, 2020
Thema:

reinstalling windows 10 after linux

1. reinstalling windows 10 after linux - Similar Threads - reinstalling linux

2. Windows Reinstallation after linux

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows Reinstallation after linux: I want to install linux in my laptop from scratch, i.e., I want to format the SSD drive and then install Linux in it. But before removing windows, I am thinking of creating a recovery usb drive. I want to know that if I reinstall windows in future, will the windows still...
  3. Windows Reinstallation after linux

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows Reinstallation after linux: I want to install linux in my laptop from scratch, i.e., I want to format the SSD drive and then install Linux in it. But before removing windows, I am thinking of creating a recovery usb drive. I want to know that if I reinstall windows in future, will the windows still...
  4. Reinstalling Windows using Linux

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Reinstalling Windows using Linux: Fairly short question.I have been locked out of my Windows 10 laptop because of the automatic repair screen and me forgetting my windows password. I read about and found this could be fixed by reinstalling windows on a secondary device and plugging it in and booting, but that...
  5. Reinstalling Windows using Linux

Reinstalling Windows using Linux: Fairly short question.I have been locked out of my Windows 10 laptop because of the automatic repair screen and me forgetting my windows password. I read about and found this could be fixed by reinstalling windows on a secondary device and plugging it in and booting, but that...
  6. Reinstalling Windows using Linux

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  7. Reinstalling Windows 11 on a Linux device

Reinstalling Windows 11 on a Linux device: I installed Linux Pop!_OS on my Asus Strix G15 2021 laptop. It's not been pleasant at all, mainly when it comes to gaming. I'm going to reinstall Windows 11 on it. Do I need to reenter my product key?...
  8. Reinstalling Windows 11 on a Linux device

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Reinstalling Windows 11 on a Linux device: I installed Linux Pop!_OS on my Asus Strix G15 2021 laptop. It's not been pleasant at all, mainly when it comes to gaming. I'm going to reinstall Windows 11 on it. Do I need to reenter my product key?...
  9. i have an old laptop that had win 7 on it but had linux on it i want o reinstall win 7

in Windows 10 Gaming
    i have an old laptop that had win 7 on it but had linux on it i want o reinstall win 7: hi i have a old laptop that my son put linux on i have a win 7 product key and i want to reinstall that and then upgrade to win 10 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-have-an-old-laptop-that-had-win-7-on-it-but-had/8ee6d186-cad4-4cdc-9d7a-227d822159c5
  10. i have an old laptop that had win 7 on it but had linux on it i want o reinstall win 7

i have an old laptop that had win 7 on it but had linux on it i want o reinstall win 7: hi i have a old laptop that my son put linux on i have a win 7 product key and i want to reinstall that and then upgrade to win 10 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-have-an-old-laptop-that-had-win-7-on-it-but-had/8ee6d186-cad4-4cdc-9d7a-227d822159c5