Windows 10: Reinstalling Windows 10 after replacing a failed hard drive with a new SSD on a HP Pavilion...

Discus and support Reinstalling Windows 10 after replacing a failed hard drive with a new SSD on a HP Pavilion... in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I plan to replace the failed HDD with a new SSD on a Windows10 HP Pavilion all-in-one 23-q114 PC. I do have a recovery USB drive, created when I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by RabiDe, Aug 17, 2020.

1. RabiDe Win User

Reinstalling Windows 10 after replacing a failed hard drive with a new SSD on a HP Pavilion...

I plan to replace the failed HDD with a new SSD on a Windows10 HP Pavilion all-in-one 23-q114 PC. I do have a recovery USB drive, created when I purchased the computer in Feb 2016, although I don't recall if the PC came with a Windows10 pre-installed or with an offer of a free upgrade to Windows 10. How do I install Windows 10 on the new SSD with or without the recovery USB, hopefully without having to purchase a new license for Windows 10?

:)

RabiDe, Aug 17, 2020
  2. GShand2 Win User

replace hard drive (Windows 7) with SSD (has Windows 10)

Can I replace a 320GB 2.5 5400 Hard Drive (contains Windows 7) with a SSD BX500 240GB 2.5 (already has Windows 10 on it). The computer I am talking about is an HP Pavilion G4-1215dx with an AMD A4-3300M processor. Thanks.

GShand2, Aug 17, 2020
  3. gordon99 Win User
    Replacing a laptop hard drive with a SSD

I have a Dell Latitude E5420 laptop which has a Windows 10 Pro O/S. I would appreciate a step by step guide on the procedure to replace the hard drive with a Solid State drive; specifically dealing with the transfer of all the software from the old drive to the new. I have an external hard drive I use for backups and a free version of the Macrium Reflect program on the hard drive. The SSD is brand new. I have just 50 GB in total on the 231 GB hard drive. The SSD has 250 GB capacity.

gordon99, Aug 17, 2020
  4. WesKlatt Win User

Reinstalling Windows 10 after replacing a failed hard drive with a new SSD on a HP Pavilion...

Upgrading HP SSD drive on HP 750-524

I purchased an HP Envy tower with a 128Gb SSD which is where Windows is installed, I have purchased a new 1TB SSD drive that I would like to replace the 128 GB drive with. My machine did not come with the Windows 10 Media, what steps do I need to take before
    I install the new drive and install windows.

• Where do I get the Windows 10 install
    • What steps are needed to create an Install disk
    • Do I have to deactivate my old install before removing the old drive.
    Please let me know if there are any other considerations.

Best Regards,

Wes

WesKlatt, Aug 17, 2020
Thema:

1. Reinstalling Windows 10 after replacing a failed hard drive with a new SSD on a HP Pavilion... - Similar Threads - Reinstalling replacing failed

2. Reinstall after SSD replaced

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Reinstall after SSD replaced: I've looked through the forum, but I'm not giving up yet. I refuse to admit I paid so much for a coaster. Dell Inspiron 7737 32GB ram 2TD SSD just turned off Windoes repair activated 1x then nothing SSD failed - I thought that clicking noise was the fan. I reseated the...
  3. Phantom hard drive after SSD replacement

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Phantom hard drive after SSD replacement: Before physically removing the hard drive from my laptop, I cloned it to a new SSD drive using Macrium Reflect and installed the SSD drive in the laptop. When I check my drives using Disk Management or AOMEI Partition Assistant, Disk 0 using Disk Management or Disk 1 using...
  4. Replacing hard drive on HP Laptop with an SSD and would like to install Windows 10 on the SSD

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Replacing hard drive on HP Laptop with an SSD and would like to install Windows 10 on the SSD: Hello All I'm new here, and hope I don't embarrass myself asking this question... I live in the United Kingdom. I have an HP G6-2244sa laptop with an AMD E2-1800 processor 1.7GHz with 8GB RAM. The laptop originally ran Windows 8 but was updated to Windows 10 Home...
  5. Hard drive fail - replaced - Windows reinstall issues

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Hard drive fail - replaced - Windows reinstall issues: Dell Inspiron 3670. Purchased with win 10 Pro installed in 2018. SSD died on Monday. Tested in BIOS - DEAD. New SSD installed yesterday. Used Windows 10 installation media creation tool to create USB installation drive and input the wrong email address while reinstalling...
  6. Replacing a laptop hard drive with a SSD

in Windows 10 Support
    Replacing a laptop hard drive with a SSD: I have a Dell Latitude E5420 laptop which has a Windows 10 Pro O/S. I would appreciate a step by step guide on the procedure to replace the hard drive with a Solid State drive; specifically dealing with the transfer of all the software from the old drive to the new. I have an...
  7. Replacing Win10 on new hard drive after original failed

in Windows 10 Support
    Replacing Win10 on new hard drive after original failed: First timer so please be gentle. My hard drive failed on my Asus desktop and had to be replaced. This whole thing made me aware of how little I prepared for such a situation. I had a recovery usb but it was from the date of purchase (2012/13) so I created a new one using my...
  8. Reinstall Windows 10 and replace primary hard drive

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Reinstall Windows 10 and replace primary hard drive: Hi folks, I've been running Windows 10 on this PC for a couple of years now. Upgraded online from Windows 7 during the free upgrade period. So I have no product key for Windows 10, I have a digital license tied to my Microsoft account. I want to reinstall Windows 10 now...
  9. how to reinstall windows 10 (home) after replace hard drive

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    how to reinstall windows 10 (home) after replace hard drive: FACTS: Dell inspiron 3050 (small fanless cube) came with windows 8.1 later upgraded to windows 10 .. it only had a 32 gig solid state drive which is so crowded now it has NOT been able to update since oct 2017because it says it needs 8 gig on c to do the update ... I tried...
  10. replace hard drive with SSD

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    replace hard drive with SSD: I have a laptop with a 1 TB hard drive. I am only using about 300 GB. Can I replace my 1 TB hard drive with a 500 GB SSD? 95323