Windows 10: Reinstalling Windows 10 after Resetting PC to factory settings

Discus and support Reinstalling Windows 10 after Resetting PC to factory settings in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I reset my PC to factory settings forgetting about Windows 10. Its completely reset to Win8 now and I don't know how to get 10 back. My online... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by MS_H3LLFIRE, Mar 6, 2020.

1. Reinstalling Windows 10 after Resetting PC to factory settings

I reset my PC to factory settings forgetting about Windows 10.

Its completely reset to Win8 now and I don't know how to get 10 back.

My online Microsoft account still shows that my home PC this one has Windows 10 but it doesn't.

Tech support is not available. Does anyone know?

:)

MS_H3LLFIRE, Mar 6, 2020
  2. puma99dk| Win User

Reinstalling Windows 10 to sell a PC - is the 'Remove everything' option enough?

Restore factory settings do list Removes your personal files, apps and settings, and reinstalls the version of Windows that came on this PC.

So if this isn't true well than just erase the drive and install a clean Windows 10 with all the drivers u need but why should it be true
    @FordGT90Concept ? *Laugh :laugh:

puma99dk|, Mar 6, 2020
  3. factory reset will wipe the data in PC?

Hello,

I realize that you are trying to perform a factory reset to the computer. We will help you.

• How are you trying to perform a factory reset in your computer?
    • What issue are you facing to perform a factory reset?
    I suggest you to perform a recovery with keep my files in Windows 10.

Recovery options in Windows 10.

Keep my files

What it does

• Reinstalls Windows 10 and keeps your personal files.

• Removes apps and drivers you installed.

• Removes changes you made to settings.

• Removes any apps your PC manufacturer installed. (If your PC came with Windows 10, apps from your PC manufacturer will be reinstalled.)

Refer:
    Recovery options in Windows 10

To Reset you’re PC,

* On your login screen, hold Shift button,
    then right click on Power button and select
    Restart

* Select Troubleshoot> Reset this PC > Keep my files.

Kindly let us know if you need any further assistance with Windows. We are glad to assist you.

Sachin Venkatesh, Mar 6, 2020
  4. stanroy Win User

Reinstalling Windows 10 after Resetting PC to factory settings

Reset Acer Travelmate to factory settings

Hi all, I have an Acer Travelmate with Win10 (1607), I would like to save Win 10 to a stick, then reset the laptop back to factory settings and then reinstall Win10. There is no program on the laptop that requires saving. Any advice or suggestions, not to technical, would be very much appreciated, thanks Roy

stanroy, Mar 6, 2020
Thema:

Reinstalling Windows 10 after Resetting PC to factory settings

1. Reinstalling Windows 10 after Resetting PC to factory settings - Similar Threads - Reinstalling Resetting factory

2. Problem after resetting PC to factory settings

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Problem after resetting PC to factory settings: My desktop crashed, so I did a reset to factory settings. I now have blue screen, and a new user name and unknown password. I must have misread instructions on a supposed Microsoft website. I understood it to say that I could set up an account on another pc. so my wife and I...
  3. Problem after resetting PC to factory settings

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Problem after resetting PC to factory settings: My desktop crashed, so I did a reset to factory settings. I now have blue screen, and a new user name and unknown password. I must have misread instructions on a supposed Microsoft website. I understood it to say that I could set up an account on another pc. so my wife and I...
  4. Problem after resetting PC to factory settings

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. Reinstall windows 10 on a pc that had to be reset to factory settings which was windows 7 pro

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Reinstall windows 10 on a pc that had to be reset to factory settings which was windows 7 pro: I had installed the initial free windows 10 pro on a pc that had a factory version of windows 7 Pro. I got a problem and had to restore the pc to factory settings which is windows 7 pro How can I go back and get the free version of windows 10 pro in order to reinstall...
  6. Windows 10 Reinstall after Factory Reset

Windows 10 Reinstall after Factory Reset: My Asus K53 laptop originally shipped with Windows 7. I took advantage of the free upgrade to Windows 10 while it was available. Due to issues with Office 365 I had to carry out a factory reset on the machine and of course I am now back on Windows 7. No - I didn't record...
  7. Resetting PC to Factory Settings

Resetting PC to Factory Settings: I am trying to reset my HP 15-bs080wm to factory settings. I know where to go on the computer - settings, updates and security, recovery, and "reset this PC." I clicked through this reset, choosing to reset and delete all files, left the computer plugged in and connected to...
  8. Trying to reinstall Windows 10 after factory reset

Trying to reinstall Windows 10 after factory reset: I had upgraded to Windows 10 on my Dell Alienware laptop when it all came out. A month ago I had an issue that the only resolution was to do a factory reinstall. It put me back to Windows 8.1. I've attempted several times to reinstall Windows 10 using the media creation...
  9. Windows 10 reinstall with factory settings

Windows 10 reinstall with factory settings: Hi Everyone, Now this is VERY upsetting and I've been struggling with it for two days now. To cut a long story: I did some mistakes (merged "documents" with a drive and while trying to solve the problem it went from bad to worse by uninstalling the drive and deleting ist...
  10. Reinstalling windows 10 after factory reset

Reinstalling windows 10 after factory reset: Microsoft says I wont need a product key to reinstall windows 10 on the same device after a factory reset but a few days ago my PC crashed after a critical windows update. I did a factory reset then went back to Microsoft and used the media creation tool, selected upgrade...