Windows 10: Reinstalling Windows 10 and new license key

Discus and support Reinstalling Windows 10 and new license key in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; Greetings! I am looking for some guidance on my current situation with my Windows 10. So I bought a computer set up for an awesome price a few years... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/randomrare2000, Mar 13, 2021.

1. Reinstalling Windows 10 and new license key

Greetings! I am looking for some guidance on my current situation with my Windows 10. So I bought a computer set up for an awesome price a few years ago from an old coworker of mine and now I am in need of updating windows 10 because my current version is running a bit slow. If I had been more tech savvy like I am now when I first bought it, I would have started with a clean install, but that was not the case.

The product key that is stored on this device won't work because it is not connected to the original organization that distributed the license for this computer. So I am at a point where it seems my only option is buying a new copy of Windows 10 and new license, which I'm all good with.

What I really need is guidance on the process of the install of the new Windows10 and what I should do with the files and software I currently have on my computer. If I install the new copy, will I lose all that data and software?? Thanks much

submitted by /u/randomrare2000
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/randomrare2000, Mar 13, 2021

2. How to reinstall Windows 10 if my computers used the free upgrade from 7 and 8?

Will windows 10 still accept the license keys from 7 and 8 now if I reinstall my computer?

Does Microsoft keep a list of users who upgraded to Win 10 using their 7 and 8 keys so that when users need to reinstall windows 10 the old keys would work?

Do I need to call in Microsoft to ask them to activate my Windows 10 when I give them my win 7 keys?

Both computers are laptops. The windows 7 machine had the serial printed on the back, and I needed to enter that when I upgraded to 10. The windows 8 machine had the serial built in inside its boot system so I didn't need to enter the key when I upgraded to 10, but I did manage to write down the keys using a fetcher program.

JebusPrime, Mar 13, 2021
  3. How to reinstall Windows 10 if my computers used the free upgrade from 7 and 8?

Your ild keys should work but if you registered the key to your online ms persona (email address) it should be tied to your account , install without a key login with your credentials , then activate.

theoneandonlymrk, Mar 13, 2021
  4. pigulici Win User

Reinstalling Windows 10 and new license key

How to reinstall Windows 10 if my computers used the free upgrade from 7 and 8?

Yes, still work, no need to call, just be sure to have internet access when you start to install 10, I work at pc shop and did this few days ago, used a key of 7 to put clean 10(wasn't used for upgrade).

pigulici, Mar 13, 2021
Thema:

Reinstalling Windows 10 and new license key

1. Reinstalling Windows 10 and new license key - Similar Threads - Reinstalling license key

2. Window license key lost and can't reinstall

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Window license key lost and can't reinstall: Dear Support Team,last 3 or 4 years ago, i brought window 10 home license key from local reseller. So i installed window 10 home with CD and activated window. After that Microsoft offered to upgrade window 11 in my PC. Now my PC was running with window 11 home but when i...
  3. Window license key lost and can't reinstall

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Window license key lost and can't reinstall: Dear Support Team,last 3 or 4 years ago, i brought window 10 home license key from local reseller. So i installed window 10 home with CD and activated window. After that Microsoft offered to upgrade window 11 in my PC. Now my PC was running with window 11 home but when i...
  4. Window license key lost and can't reinstall

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Windows License key reinstall

Windows License key reinstall: read a thread about transferring "Transfer Windows 10 license to SSD" i get what they are saying, but the problem that i have is that i went from windows 7 to windows 10, so do i reinstall windows 7 or 10??...
  6. Transfer windows 10 license key to a new computer

Transfer windows 10 license key to a new computer: So i'am planning to buy a new motherboard and cpu, can i transfer my windows 10 license key OEM:NONSLP to a new one? Is there anyway to deactivate the old one so I can use it to my new pc? I did some research but they say OEM is not transferable but in my other research it...
  7. Windows 10 license key for a new pc

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows 10 license key for a new pc: Hi guys, i'm building a brand new pc where i'm going to fresh install windows, but i don't know how keys work, is buying them on g2a a good idea? Someone told me about the windows 7 upgrade trick, how does that work, thank you guys submitted by /u/MistaHate4 [link]...
  8. Reinstall Windows 10 with new license

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Reinstall Windows 10 with new license: I have a laptop from my old company that went bankrupt. The company did not ask for the laptops back. he company did not wipe the computers clean either. The computer has a licensed Windows 10 Enterprise, but I am unable to activate it because it was owned by the company. The...
  9. Reinstall Windows with new product key

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Reinstall Windows with new product key: Purchased a Windows 10 pro product key from a friend so I could upgrade from 10 home. This, however, isn’t a upgrade key, it’s a install key. How can I reinstall Windows so that it prompts me to enter a product key for 10 pro? I’ve tried the clean install and reset this PC...
  10. Reinstall windows license new HDD

Reinstall windows license new HDD: Hi, my SSD crashed together with my Win 10 on it,no recovery method works. Initially I bought a license for that Win 10 installation. Now I am going to install a new Win 10 on a new SSD. How can I transfer my old license to this new Win 10 installation? I will be using my old...