Windows 10: Reinstalling Windows 10 and using a different Microsoft account

Discus and support Reinstalling Windows 10 and using a different Microsoft account in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; So this is quite the long question for most likely a short awnser, but I still need help, which I would appreciate very much! I have this LAPTOPwith... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by RicardoAlmeida666, Jan 2, 2021.

1. Reinstalling Windows 10 and using a different Microsoft account

So this is quite the long question for most likely a short awnser, but I still need help, which I would appreciate very much!

I have this LAPTOPwith an OEM Windows 10 keyand I use my Microsoft account to log in, which I assume is linked to itmy LAPTOP. But very soon I will reinstall Windows since I am buying aDESKTOP for me and giving this LAPTOP to my parents. Now my parents, havetheir Microsoft account and I'm wondering if they can link their Microsoft account to the LAPTOP with the reinstalled Windows 10 and use it to log in.

Also, following question: Will I be able to useMY Microsoft account on the new DESKTOP I'm going to buy?

*When I say login, I mean as, logging in the LAPTOP everytime you turn it on, as a password*

[Movido para Inglês]

:)

RicardoAlmeida666, Jan 2, 2021
  2. Ahhzz Win User

Windows 10 Tweaks

As you may already know, Windows 10 (as well as Windows 8) allow you to log in with a valid Microsoft account, instead of creating a local account that only works on your machine. However, you may prefer to keep a local account for privacy reasons. If you do, though, some Windows 10 features—like Cortana—may not work. Despite the default behavior, the Windows 10 Store is not one of them. You can still log in to your Microsoft account for just the Store without switching to a full Microsoft account. The process, however, is not terribly obvious. To do so, follow these steps:

• Launch the Store from your Start menu.
    • Click the user icon next to the search box.
    • Click “Sign-in” from the menu that appears.
    • Choose “Microsoft account” and log in like normal.
    • When the “Make it yours” box appears do not enter your password. Instead, click “Sign in to just this app instead.”
    from Lifehacker

Ahhzz, Jan 2, 2021
  3. Zakin Win User
    Strange Windows 10 User Account issue.

Unfortunately I had done those steps numerous reboots, it just, reappears for no good reason. The base account isn't even a Microsoft account, it's a local account.

I haven't quite tried the built in administrator account on W10, but so far in my experience on my own computer, the built in account seemed to have absolutely no more control than I did on my own.

It's just strange, I go in, it warns me twice about deleting the account, then it's gone. Reboot, and it's back?

EDIT: Just to specify, both command line and Netplwiz both say only HIS account exists on the computer, it doesn't list this rogue account. This is what I meant in my first post about the fact that even Windows doesn't seem to believe it exists, HALF the time. *Frown Reinstalling Windows 10 and using a different Microsoft account :(

Zakin, Jan 2, 2021
  4. Scrizz Win User

Reinstalling Windows 10 and using a different Microsoft account

Windows 10

you don't have to use a Microsoft account....
    I know I'm not.

Scrizz, Jan 2, 2021
Thema:

Reinstalling Windows 10 and using a different Microsoft account

1. Reinstalling Windows 10 and using a different Microsoft account - Similar Threads - Reinstalling using different

2. change windows to a different microsoft account

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    change windows to a different microsoft account: I registered the laptop windows account on my microsoft account but now I want to switch it to a different microsoft account how can i do that...
  3. Unable to login to Windows 11 using different Microsoft Account

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Unable to login to Windows 11 using different Microsoft Account: I am using Windows 11 Home edition. I tried adding a new login user ID. The user ID is a Microsoft Outlook/Live account. After adding the new user, the system prompted that I must be connected to the internet for first time login.I have tried using both wired internet and...
  4. Unable to login to Windows 11 using different Microsoft Account

Unable to login to Windows 11 using different Microsoft Account: I am using Windows 11 Home edition. I tried adding a new login user ID. The user ID is a Microsoft Outlook/Live account. After adding the new user, the system prompted that I must be connected to the internet for first time login.I have tried using both wired internet and...
  5. reinstalling windows and a microsoft account

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    reinstalling windows and a microsoft account: Will reinstalling windows do anything to my account like delete it? Thanks! https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/reinstalling-windows-and-a-microsoft-account/2cbc3e65-c599-4c8b-8f0f-f8d42c0a61b8
  6. Different Microsoft accounts

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Different Microsoft accounts: The email showing up on my computer as my Microsoft account name is wrong. I changed emails and wasn't sure how to change that so I opened another Microsoft account under my new email. The wrong email still shows up under my profile on my PC and I can't buy anything from...
  7. Can I use a different Microsoft account in Xbox apps for Windows?

Can I use a different Microsoft account in Xbox apps for Windows?: I just recently got a PC capable of playing games again, so I was about to check out GamePass. Thing is though, the Microsoft account I've been using on PC is different from the email address I signed up to Live with back in the day, is there any way I can use my old...
  8. Reinstall Windows 10 on a different drive?

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Reinstall Windows 10 on a different drive?: Hello, all. I have a laptop that currently has an HDD. It's several years old and is becoming a big slow. It also has Windows 10 on it. I plan on replacing the HDD with an SSD and doing a fresh install of Windows 10. However, I don't have the license key for my copy of...
  9. Windows 10 Reinstall using different MS Account

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 10 Reinstall using different MS Account: I have reinstalled windows a couple different times (Reset, Recovery, and clean install) but every time I cannot activate - the Activation window is blank. Could it be I am using a different MS Account for the reinstall? Checking my two MS accounts I see that this serial...
  10. Unlinking windows 10 from microsoft account, and linking to different microsoft account

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Unlinking windows 10 from microsoft account, and linking to different microsoft account: I have two microsoft accounts. With one 'a', I have an office 365 subscription that expired in 2017. With the other 'b', I have an active Office 365 subscription. My computer is currently linked to my 'a' account - and I would like to logout of this microsoft account, and log...