Windows 10: Reinstalling Windows 10 Education on a new drive.

Discus and support Reinstalling Windows 10 Education on a new drive. in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Hello! I'm currently running a Windows 10 Education Edition that i got from my college. The thing is, my Hard drive is slowly dying and slow and i'm... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by FredDanner, Oct 26, 2018.

1. Reinstalling Windows 10 Education on a new drive.

Hello!

I'm currently running a Windows 10 Education Edition that i got from my college. The thing is, my Hard drive is slowly dying and slow and i'm about to buy an SSD. Now, i can't find the ISO i used to install my version of windows and it's recieved multiple major updates since then that i don't even think i can get the same ISO again anyway. And i can't find where to download Windows 10 Education
    edition anywhere anymore. Are they still even supported? So, when i get a new SSD, how can i download Windows 10 Education edition again, i have the product key.
    And will it even activate? I can't seem to find any concrete info about this. I browsed the support pages about activation and activation after a significant hardware change, but that doesn't apply to me if i reinstall, and i'm not even sure what to reinstall cause i can't find where to download my version of Widnows anymore.

Any help would be appreciated.

:)

FredDanner, Oct 26, 2018

2. Reinstall Windows 10 to new hard drive

Hi Rodolpho,

We want to know about the issue you're having with your recovery drive. Please answer the questions below:

• Are you trying to reinstall Windows 8 or Windows 10?
    • If you already upgraded to Windows 10, were you able to create a new copy of the recovery drive?

We suggest creating a new copy of the recovery drive and then follow the steps provided by Andre Da Costa above this thread.

Update us with the outcome so we can assist you further.

Robert Caw, Oct 26, 2018
  3. Ahhzz Win User
    Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Oct 26, 2018
  4. Veprovina Win User

Reinstalling Windows 10 Education on a new drive.

Reinstalling Windows 10 Education on a new drive. Will it activate?

Hello!

I'm currently running a Windows 10 Education Edition that i got from my college.

The thing is, my Hard drive is slowly dying and slow and i'm about to buy an SSD.

Now, i can't find the ISO i used to install my version of windows and it's recieved multiple major updates since then (about 2 years ago) that i don't even think i can get the same ISO again anyway. And i can't find where to download Windows 10 Education
    edition anywhere anymore. Are they still even supported?

So, when i get a new SSD, how can i download Windows 10 Education edition again, i have the product key.

And will it even activate? I can't seem to find any concrete info about this. I browsed the support pages about activation and activation after a significant hardware change, but that doesn't apply to me if i reinstall, and i'm not even sure what to reinstall
    cause i can't find where to download my version of Widnows anymore...

Any help would be appreciated.

Veprovina, Oct 26, 2018
Thema:

Reinstalling Windows 10 Education on a new drive.

1. Reinstalling Windows 10 Education on a new drive. - Similar Threads - Reinstalling Education drive

2. Reinstall Windows 10 on a new hard drive.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Reinstall Windows 10 on a new hard drive.: Hello, the hard drive on my PC fried and I needed to replace it.How do I recover my Windows 10 Product Key so that I can install Windows 10 on the replacement hard drive?...
  3. Reinstalling Windows 10 on a new hard drive

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Reinstalling Windows 10 on a new hard drive: Hi! I bought a new hard drive since it looks like the one I currently have is corrupted. However, the corrupted hard drive is where my Windows volume license key is bound to. Is it still possible to activate the license on a different hard drive? Appreciate any steps and...
  4. Windows 10 Education Reinstall Error

Windows 10 Education Reinstall Error: Hi, Recently my SSD containing my OS failed on me resulting in me having to get a new SSD and reinstall Windows 10. I got Windows 10 Education from my school as they provide a access key to each student but I don't have the access key anymore but I know the key is tied to...
  5. Windows 10 OEM reinstall on new drive

Windows 10 OEM reinstall on new drive: I have an OEM version of Win10 that came on a bootable disk. I installed that on my current SSD. Now I'm wondering what to do if this SSD gets corrupted. Can I just re-install Windows on a new SSD even though it's the OEM version? Do I need to so something with the...
  6. Reinstalling Windows 10 on a new drive

Reinstalling Windows 10 on a new drive: Hello! I have a question about reinstalling Windows 10 on a new drive. The thing is that I had Windows 7 (Home edition) preinstalled on my computer a few years back and did the upgrade to Windows 10. Since then, I once bought a new drive to reinstall it to it, which of...
  7. How to reinstall Windows 10 with a new hard drive?

How to reinstall Windows 10 with a new hard drive?: Hello, I recently purchased a certified refurbished computer that has nice stats, and a tiny hard drive. The first thing I want to do is swap out the hard drive for a bigger one. My computer came with a certificate with the computer's Win 10 registration number, but I did...
  8. Reinstalling Windows 10 Education?

Reinstalling Windows 10 Education?: Hey everyone, sorry to have to ask but this should be pretty quick: I have a valid license for Windows 10 for Education, and had it installed on my main desktop computer until I discovered a fairly persistent malware incursion on literally every device on my home network...
  9. Reinstallation of system and Window 10 Education

Reinstallation of system and Window 10 Education: Today my computer went down and i have to send it to service(problem with LCD panel). And i am worried about re-installation of windows after repair. Will I be able to use my license again to install Windows 10 Education?...
  10. Reinstalling windows to new drive

Reinstalling windows to new drive: Hi, I have recently added a new SSD to my PC and I would like to move windows to it but keep everything else on the hard drive where it is instead of moving it to SSD as well. What is the best way to do this?...