Windows 10: Reinstalling Windows 10 games every time you reinstall Windows?

Discus and support Reinstalling Windows 10 games every time you reinstall Windows? in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; So I noticed since WAY long ago that when reinstalling windows, and saving your games files on another drive, the folders are locked (which can easily... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/Warmier, Feb 13, 2020.

1. Reinstalling Windows 10 games every time you reinstall Windows?

So I noticed since WAY long ago that when reinstalling windows, and saving your games files on another drive, the folders are locked (which can easily be unlocked) because they're from a different instant of Windows (before you reinstalled), and essentually you have to delete the entire drive to install games again (if you did not unlock the folders because they will not install on that drive). Well I was able to unlock the WindowsApp and can clearly see the games installed in there. Does anyone know if their is a way kind of like how Steam does it: When you direct the game installs there it will notice all of the other games so no need to reinstall the games.

Anyway, I have tried to find anything on the matter online and cannot. So hopefully there is a solution. Thanks.

submitted by /u/Warmier
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/Warmier, Feb 13, 2020
  2. MrGenius Win User

[Solved] Windows 10 keeps reinstalling KB3119142

I noticed quite some time ago that KB3119142 (Update for Microsoft Visual C++ 2012 Update 4 Redistributable Package) kept reinstalling itself for some reason. At least once daily. Sometimes up to several times a day. I just ignored it. It didn't seem to be doing any harm. And I figured they'd eventually fix it. Well...days turned into weeks, weeks into months, with no end to the problem in sight. It dragged on unsolved for at least the last few months. Literally reinstalling itself hundreds of(at least a hundred, felt like more) times in that period of time.

So I finally googled it a couple days ago. And just got around to fixing it today. Which appears to have worked. And it couldn't have been easier to do. I feel so stupid to have let it intimidate me for so long.*Oops! Reinstalling Windows 10 games every time you reinstall Windows? :oops:
    Below are links to the thread that I got the fix idea from, and the official MS support info page for KB3119142(from which I quoted the above).
    http://www.tenforums.com/windows-up...-windows-10-keeps-reinstalling-kb3119142.html
    https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/kb/3119142

MrGenius, Feb 13, 2020
  3. Reinstall Windows?

You'll need to reinstall windows. just use repair *Toast :toast:

I'd go with 32 bit, myself, because of compatibility with software, and games..

SimFreak47, Feb 13, 2020
  4. Kursah Win User

Reinstalling Windows 10 games every time you reinstall Windows?

Most painless way to reinstall windows 10?

It depends on the junk accumulated honestly, but there are various methods. You can always remove programs, delete download folder, media locations, etc. As some have suggested, keeping some items on a separate internal storage drive is an option as well. Depends on what you have, what your budget is and how you want to handle your system and data.

The method @RejZoR suggests is sound and a method I've used dozens if not hundreds of time with great success in the field. In many cases though the goal is to keep user data intact, and to repair the OS. In place upgrade as it is called is also only doable in that method if you can boot to desktop, if you can't, it is time for some more advanced options or a format & reinstall.

With Windows 8 and 10 there are refresh and reset options that can be leveraged as well. Hold Shift and click Restart to reboot your system, this will get you into the advanced boot menu, which you'll need to choose advanced options (I forget ATM what it is called) and choose one of a couple items, refresh or reset.

Refresh is essentially In Place Upgrade but a little more aggressive as it wipes the Windows Apps and you may need to reinstall programs. Reset is like an OS reinstall, wipes user data, wipes profiles, registry, performs a install from the system image. Often times I'll do this and bypass using a USB key on a system. Though there are instances where these options will not work if a system has a level of corruption that has not been repaired/resolved. Check the OS Repair link in my sig for more info if ya need.

*Toast :toast:

Kursah, Feb 13, 2020
Thema:

Reinstalling Windows 10 games every time you reinstall Windows?

1. Reinstalling Windows 10 games every time you reinstall Windows? - Similar Threads - Reinstalling games every

2. One drive must be reinstalled every time I restart windows

in Windows 10 Gaming
    One drive must be reinstalled every time I restart windows: I'm in the Windows insider program currently on build 25977 of the Canary channel but no one else seems to have my problem, so I'm not sure that it is related. Starting with the last two builds, every time I either install a new build, or just simply restart my PC The windows...
  3. One drive must be reinstalled every time I restart windows

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    One drive must be reinstalled every time I restart windows: I'm in the Windows insider program currently on build 25977 of the Canary channel but no one else seems to have my problem, so I'm not sure that it is related. Starting with the last two builds, every time I either install a new build, or just simply restart my PC The windows...
  4. Can you reinstal windows without reinstaling.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Can you reinstal windows without reinstaling.: What i meen its to delete all files on pc without the windows files. submitted by /u/bmihai358 [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/motdri/can_you_reinstal_windows_without_reinstaling/
  5. pc running slower every time i reinstall my windows

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    pc running slower every time i reinstall my windows: Hello. So, a few months ago i decided to reinstall my windows to clean up my pc because it was very messy. My pc was running perfect and games were running perfect. After i reinstalled it the games were running slower than before but the pc was running good. A few days ago i...
  6. How do you reinstall Cortana in windows 10 ?

in Cortana
    How do you reinstall Cortana in windows 10 ?: I somehow deleted Cortana. How do I reinstall her in windows 10 ? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-you-reinstall-cortana-in-windows-10/f8b1acca-43e6-49b9-b259-82e9b7361877
  7. Windows Will Not Stop Reinstalling Games

Windows Will Not Stop Reinstalling Games: I have a subscription to Game Pass on PC and have downloaded a bunch of games with it, and when I'm finished I have tried to uninstall them. Unfortunately, Windows takes it upon itself to start reinstalling them again. This is the third time I've uninstalled both Gears 5 and...
  8. Can you reinstall Windows 10 Enterprise?

Can you reinstall Windows 10 Enterprise?: Hi all, this is probably a very simple question, but I recently upgraded some of my PC hardware and I've been having some performance issues and I narrowed it down to needing a fresh reinstall of Windows 10. I attempted to do a reinstall last night, but when prompted to...
  9. Reinstall after clean reinstall of windows 10

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Reinstall after clean reinstall of windows 10: i back up my windows 10 machine to a western digital hard drive. Will that reinstall all of my applications? thank you https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/reinstall-after-clean-reinstall-of-windows-10/1ef582dd-62a0-4774-a637-173c9f32cc19
  10. How many times can you reinstall Windows 10 in one day?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    How many times can you reinstall Windows 10 in one day?: Digital license not linked to Microsoft Account. No longer asking for a user but to sign into Microsoft Account. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-many-times-can-you-reinstall-windows-10-in-one/9417435d-866c-4869-b8e4-7955baecd138