Windows 10: Reinstalling Windows 10 Home Single Language versions from Spanish to English

Discus and support Reinstalling Windows 10 Home Single Language versions from Spanish to English in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; I have Windows 10 Home Single Language Spanish version installed on laptop. Can I reinstall Windows 10 Home Single Language English version and use... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by tk748, Dec 23, 2020.

1. tk748 Win User

Reinstalling Windows 10 Home Single Language versions from Spanish to English

I have Windows 10 Home Single Language Spanish version installed on laptop. Can I reinstall Windows 10 Home Single Language English version and use the original product key that came with the Spanish edition?

:)

tk748, Dec 23, 2020
  2. dhai13 Win User

Windows 10 english version instead of single language

Hi there!

I've recently bought a lenovo yoga c940 with windows 10 home edition / single language and I haven't found a suitable option to change it.

Unfortunately the single language (display language) is in spanish (from Spain, including Cortana) and I would like to have a multi language windows, or in english at least!

So, my question is, how I can get an upgraded version multi language or how can I add an english version to my windows display?

Pleeeease help me Reinstalling Windows 10 Home Single Language versions from Spanish to English :(

Thank you!

dhai13, Dec 23, 2020
  3. Kari Win User
    Windows 10 English updates to Spanish?

Hi Camelia.

You would lose all personal files, installed software and Windows settings.

A bit background: Windows locales (language and region) uses xx-YY syntax to tell the language and region (xx is language, YY the regional version of that language). Alternatively, hexadecimal xxxx:YYYYYYYY values can be used.

A screenshot from Default Input Profiles (Input Locales) in Windows showing these values for UK (GB) and US English. Yellow values show the base language, green values its regional version:

Reinstalling Windows 10 Home Single Language versions from Spanish to English [​IMG]

Keeping personal data, software and settings when upgrading Windows is only possible if the base language remains the same. Let's say for instance that you had your Windows installed in Mexican Spanish (es-MX or 080a:0000080a), but for some reason would upgrade using Spanish Spanish (es-ES or 0c0a:0000040a). In this case, you could keep personal data, software and settings.

As your Windows is in English, you can keep everything only when upgrading with any regional version of English. For instance, when used in upgrade, all these regional versions of English, among many others, would allow you to keep everything:
    • English - Canada (en-CA or 1009:00000409)
    • English - Caribbean (en-029 or (2409:00000409)
    • English - India (en-IN or 4009:00004009)
    • English - Ireland (en-IE or 1809:00001809)

When the base language remains the same, you get warned that display language will be changed:

Reinstalling Windows 10 Home Single Language versions from Spanish to English [​IMG]

(Click screenshots to enlarge them.)

In above screenshot, I have launched upgrade in my British English Windows 10, install media being US English. Same base language. Clicking OK followed by Refresh will then tell you that everything will be kept.

Short: in your case, because the base language would change from English to Spanish, you would lose absolutely everything. All not backed up personal files, all personalizations and settings, all installed software and applications.

A better option to change your system language, my recommendation, is to upgrade current English Windows 10 using English upgrade media, alternatively install a feature upgrade in Windows Update. When done, add Mexican Spanish language to your US English Windows (tutorial).

When the Mexican Spanish language pack has been installed, run Windows System Preparation Tool (sysprep.exe). It is located in C:\Windows\System32\Sysprep folder. Accept all defaults, click OK;

Sysprep will run, and restarts to Windows Welcome (OOBE):

You can now change the system language by selecting Spanish:

The system language will be changed, your user account, personal data, software and applications, settings and customizations will remain intact. When OOBE asks you to create initial user account, select Offline account:

Full OOBE will be run. As your original user account already exists, you cannot use it when creating the initial admin user. You must create a new, temporary dummy user:

All done, everything intact, system language changed to Mexican Spanish:

Sign out from the dummy user account, sign in to your original user account, and delete the dummy user (tutorial).

That's it.

4. Reinstalling Windows 10 Home Single Language versions from Spanish to English

Change system language from Spanish to English

I bought a laptop in Mexico, the Spanish windows 10 installed, how to change it to English.

windows info

windows 10 home single language

version. 1607

Henry 2017, Dec 23, 2020
Thema:

Reinstalling Windows 10 Home Single Language versions from Spanish to English

1. Reinstalling Windows 10 Home Single Language versions from Spanish to English - Similar Threads - Reinstalling Home Single

2. upgrading from windows home in Spanish to windows pro in English

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    upgrading from windows home in Spanish to windows pro in English: thank you in advance for your help. i bought a dell notebook computer in costa rica. It came with windows home 10 in Spanish pre-installed with no option to switch to English. I want to upgrade to windows pro 11 but I want the upgrade to be in English. How do I do that?...
  3. How to change language to English on Windows 10 Home Single Language version 21H1

in Windows 10 Customization
    How to change language to English on Windows 10 Home Single Language version 21H1: Hello, I need to be able to change my Windows 10 Home Single Language version 21H1 from Spanish to English, I really need it for work and I don't seem to be able to do it. Is there somewhere I can download an English Language Pack for this version? I found for other versions...
  4. How to change language to English on Windows 10 Home Single Language version 21H1

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to change language to English on Windows 10 Home Single Language version 21H1: Hello, I need to be able to change my Windows 10 Home Single Language version 21H1 from Spanish to English, I really need it for work and I don't seem to be able to do it. Is there somewhere I can download an English Language Pack for this version? I found for other versions...
  5. How to change language to English on Windows 10 Home Single Language version 21H1

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  6. change the language in windows 10 home single language from Arabic to English.

in Windows 10 Customization
    change the language in windows 10 home single language from Arabic to English.: I bought a new laptop with windows 10 home single language Arabic. I repeatedly tried to change the display language to English, and I was not able to. Is there a way to change the display language in such releases? Thanks in advance...
  7. How to replace Spanish by English in Windows 10 Home for Spanish only

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    How to replace Spanish by English in Windows 10 Home for Spanish only: I just install Windows 10 Home for Spanish only with real product key. I just find out there is not any other language in this package..... I look at Microsoft site, there is not any Window 10 Home full version that I may download. I am a deaf person, I am not able to use...
  8. Windows 10 english version instead of single language

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 10 english version instead of single language: Hi there! I've recently bought a lenovo yoga c940 with windows 10 home edition / single language and I haven't found a suitable option to change it. Unfortunately the single language display language is in spanish from Spain, including Cortana and I would like to have a...
  9. change from the Spanish language to the English language in Windows

in Windows 10 Gaming
    change from the Spanish language to the English language in Windows: I would like to change from the Spanish language to the English language in Windows, including the language that is displayed in File Explorer. Any suggestions would be appreciated!` "Editar opciones de idioma y teclado" leads to the window below. It shows English, as I...
  10. Changing Language of Laptop From Spanish to English?

in Windows 10 Support
    Changing Language of Laptop From Spanish to English?: Hey all i got a question. I'm from the US but outside the Us at the moment in Mexico. My laptop is a dell and its a english laptop bought back in the US. I want to get another laptop but here in Mexico, most laptops are well of course in Spanish. I also believe they have a...