Windows 10: Reinstalling Windows 10 in new SSD

Discus and support Reinstalling Windows 10 in new SSD in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I have an Asus UX32LN which was upgraded to WIndows 10. I want to replace the HDD to SSD. If I install the Windows 10 in the new SSD, where will I get... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by superwowie, Sep 10, 2015.

1. Reinstalling Windows 10 in new SSD

I have an Asus UX32LN which was upgraded to WIndows 10. I want to replace the HDD to SSD. If I install the Windows 10 in the new SSD, where will I get the product key? Thank you!

:)

superwowie, Sep 10, 2015

2. reinstalling the same wins10 on a different SSD

so i am planning to buy a new ssd for my laptop, but my laptop only has 1 ssd slot. How do I reinstall my windows 10 in my new ssd without buying a new wins10

Chester Yu, Sep 10, 2015
  3. Reinstalling Windows 10 to new SSD

I purchased my windows 8.0 from arivato but the website is now down. I tried a fresh install if windows 10 but the cd key from arivato does not work.

MARINES206, Sep 10, 2015
  4. NavyLCDR New Member

Reinstalling Windows 10 in new SSD

Installing Windows 10 using the media creation tool - Windows Help

Click on Show All, then How to perform a clean installation of windows:

Everybody who upgrades to Windows 10 from a previous version of Windows for free gets one of these keys as a placeholder only, but you do NOT enter them during a clean install, you click the little text that says "Skip" or "Do this later":

The correct generic keys resulting from Windows upgrades are:

Generic Windows 10 Home YTMG3-N6DKC-DKB77-7M9GH-8HVX7
    Generic Windows 10 Home Single Language BT79Q-G7N6G-PGBYW-4YWX6-6F4BT
    Generic WIndows 10 Pro VK7JG-NPHTM-C97JM-9MPGT-3V66T
    Generic Windows 10 Enterprise QJNXR-7D97Q-K7WH4-RYWQ8-6MT6

If you want to verify you got one of these keys, run Showkey from this forum:
    Showkey - Windows 10 Forums

NavyLCDR, Sep 10, 2015
Thema:

Reinstalling Windows 10 in new SSD

1. Reinstalling Windows 10 in new SSD - Similar Threads - Reinstalling SSD

2. I changed mobo/RAM/CPU. Original install was on HDD. I reinstalled to SSD. Cannot reactive...

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    I changed mobo/RAM/CPU. Original install was on HDD. I reinstalled to SSD. Cannot reactive...: Hello!I upgraded my mobo/CPU/RAM from AM3+/DDR4 to AM4/DDR5.I have initially installed windows 8.1, which I had upgraded to windows 10 home. This was installed to my hard drive, and that installation is still present as I go about backing up data before formatting it.Instead...
  3. I changed mobo/RAM/CPU. Original install was on HDD. I reinstalled to SSD. Cannot reactive...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I changed mobo/RAM/CPU. Original install was on HDD. I reinstalled to SSD. Cannot reactive...: Hello!I upgraded my mobo/CPU/RAM from AM3+/DDR4 to AM4/DDR5.I have initially installed windows 8.1, which I had upgraded to windows 10 home. This was installed to my hard drive, and that installation is still present as I go about backing up data before formatting it.Instead...
  4. I changed mobo/RAM/CPU. Original install was on HDD. I reinstalled to SSD. Cannot reactive...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. How to reinstall windows in a corrupted ssd?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to reinstall windows in a corrupted ssd?: The problem is annoying since I can’t access the BIOS. The Windows advanced setup is not working and it shows a blue screen. I already tried to start in secure boot but that made everything worse because now my PC is asking for BitLocker and that is another issue. My laptop...
  6. How to reinstall windows in a corrupted ssd?

How to reinstall windows in a corrupted ssd?: The problem is annoying since I can’t access the BIOS. The Windows advanced setup is not working and it shows a blue screen. I already tried to start in secure boot but that made everything worse because now my PC is asking for BitLocker and that is another issue. My laptop...
  7. Upgrading SSD and reinstalling windows 11.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Upgrading SSD and reinstalling windows 11.: I recently purchased a refurbished Dell OptiPlex 7020 with a 3.6ghz Intel i7-4790 and 32gb RAM. It has Windows 11 pro installed ona 500gb SSD. I'm trying to upgrade the SSD to a 2TB SSD. I've created a USB disk with Windows on it, but when I try to boot up the PC, the...
  8. Upgrading SSD and reinstalling windows 11.

Upgrading SSD and reinstalling windows 11.: I recently purchased a refurbished Dell OptiPlex 7020 with a 3.6ghz Intel i7-4790 and 32gb RAM. It has Windows 11 pro installed ona 500gb SSD. I'm trying to upgrade the SSD to a 2TB SSD. I've created a USB disk with Windows on it, but when I try to boot up the PC, the...
  9. No original key to reinstall windows 10 on an HP laptop. Replacing crash hd with an SSD.

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    No original key to reinstall windows 10 on an HP laptop. Replacing crash hd with an SSD.: My laptop's hard drive crashed. I cannot access and try a recovery of data with the hard drive with a reboot jump drive etc. I am having an SSD installed by the tech and he is reinstalling Windows 10. I do not have a product key to activate Windows 10. Windows 10 was...
  10. No original key to reinstall windows 10 on an HP laptop. Replacing crash hd with an SSD.

No original key to reinstall windows 10 on an HP laptop. Replacing crash hd with an SSD.: My laptop's hard drive crashed. I cannot access and try a recovery of data with the hard drive with a reboot jump drive etc. I am having an SSD installed by the tech and he is reinstalling Windows 10. I do not have a product key to activate Windows 10. Windows 10 was...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. ssd crash reinstall win 10 on new hd